Friday night drinkstrut

2»

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    The other thread got me thirsty. Soon as I get home I'm mixing up some Vanille Whaler's & Diet Coke.

Also hitting up the jazz club tonight for some tapas.. I'm thinking this calls for mojitos.

Just about an vanilla flavoured booze is exclusively for high school students and beckys. Mojitos do not go with tapas; what you need is a nice fino sherry or amantillado, the drier the better.

Mojitos go great w/ tapas thank you very much, although I prefer the house sangria.
    Any Richmond heads up on Emilio's? The guy won awards in Spain for his Paella.

Don't think you can avoid the clon for reping the girly rum.

BRING IT ON

I bet when superposter finally finds this thread he will cosign all of the Jr. High Swill you are repping.

How else am I supposed to attract the jr high girls?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Next week my first batch of homebrew beer will be ready to drink. I brewed 5 gallons and bottled two cases of hazelnut brown ale a week ago.

Looks like a Partial-Mash process?

I'm sitting on a batch of irish stout and a second batch of Watney's Clone that are just not very appetizing when the mercury rises high in the thermometer.

I've found using ice to cool your wort is faster than the wort chillers.

Quite a fun hobby.

Yes, I'm using a mash and malt extract. Eventually I'll try all-grain brewing.

I haven't tried cooling with ice yet. I got the copper wort chiller with the kit so I've been using it. I do have a cooler that is the perfect size do drop the brew pot in though.

I started a second brown ale last week.

It seems that the hardest part of brewing beer is the waiting.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    Yes, I'm using a mash and malt extract. Eventually I'll try all-grain brewing.

I haven't tried cooling with ice yet. I got the copper wort chiller with the kit so I've been using it. I do have a cooler that is the perfect size do drop the brew pot in though.

I started a second brown ale last week.

It seems that the hardest part of brewing beer is the waiting.

I don???t have the space right now, but all grain brewing is much cheaper, and the quality is almost uniformly excellent.

(At the risk of sounding like Tom Petty) you???re correct that the waiting is the hardest part. Kegging eliminates a lot of that wait, if you???re inclined to get into that.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    the usual-
    3 parts:
    + 1 part:
    + 3 drops:
    on ice.

What is this ^^^ drink?

Also why is no one ever repin' this..

BOOOOM

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the usual-
    3 parts:
    + 1 part:
    + 3 drops:
    on ice.

What is this ^^^ drink?

that would be a manhattan on the rocks.
    Common drink of the retired community.
    Ladies, if they drink whiskey, usually enjoy it with a couple cherries.
    3 of them will knock you on your ass
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_%28cocktail%29

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

Also why is no one ever repin' this..

BOOOOM

I don't know anybody who drinks Bloody Mary's on Friday nights. Do you?

Fuck the dumb shit I'm on #2

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'm on a 30 day no drinking thing. This is like the last thread to look at.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I'm on a 30 day no drinking thing. This is like the last thread to look at.

I always think about doing that then I have a drink

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

+

MY SUMMER DRINK OF CHOICE. if you have the means, i highly recommend trying it.
    my italian friend hipped me to this (calls it italian mist) its fucking good

for me tonight its a little

+

+

+

=

after that a couple of

blonde beer with lime twist

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts

secondary fermentation carboy bottle

Looks like good booze!

My brother is really into homebrew - we've found that letting the beer sit in the bottle for an extra few weeks beyond what the recipe recommends does wonders. He made a chocolate stout recently and after about a month in bottle, it really started to show its stuff.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The other thread got me thirsty. Soon as I get home I'm mixing up some Vanille Whaler's & Diet Coke.

Note to self, NEVER drink with ZEN2

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Also hitting up the jazz club tonight for some tapas.. I'm thinking this calls for mojitos.

Just about an vanilla flavoured booze is exclusively for high school students and beckys. Mojitos do not go with tapas; what you need is a nice fino sherry or amantillado, the drier the better.

Jyeah! Danno settin' it straight. Tell em' why you mad!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Mojitos go great w/ tapas thank you very much, although I prefer the house sangria.

OK, if you have no patience for my food obsessiveness, don't read on, but...

If dude is winning awards for Paella than why is he messing with tapas? Paella is from Valencia, tapas is from Andalusia. Those are two totally different areas of Spain with very different cuisines. It's like ordering New England clam chowder in Texas. In Spain, ordering paella outside of Valencia, with a few barely notable exceptions, is for tourists and fools.

A mojito is a Cuban drink. The Spanish do not drink mojitos. Like most Europeans, they do not drink liquor before or during their meals. Strong alcohol dulls the appetite and the taste buds. More to the point, why order a hallmark of Cuban cuisine when eating Andalusian food? It's all about the sherry with your tapas. Sherry has the added benefit of being relatively inexpensive.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

If dude is winning awards for Paella than why is he messing with tapas? Paella is from Valencia, tapas is from Andalusia. Those are two totally different areas of Spain with very different cuisines. It's like ordering New England clam chowder in Texas. In Spain, ordering paella outside of Valencia, with a few barely notable exceptions, is for tourists and fools.

A mojito is a Cuban drink. The Spanish do not drink mojitos. Like most Europeans, they do not drink liquor before or during their meals. Strong alcohol dulls the appetite and the taste buds. More to the point, why order a hallmark of Cuban cuisine when eating Andalusian food? It's all about the sherry with your tapas. Sherry has the added benefit of being relatively inexpensive.

While I appreciate the I think the vanilla rum established the fact that ZEN2 knows dick about food and booze.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

+

MY SUMMER DRINK OF CHOICE. if you have the means, i highly recommend trying it.

This looks good. How much of each? And can I get that drink at Trader Joe's?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    had quite a few of these tonight...

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    A few years ago I found out that Blue Moon was brewed by Coors. I have not enjoyed one since. It just tastes... tainted, which is a bummer because I used to really enjoy them.

Last night I started out with Stone Imperial Russian Stout and ended the night with some 15 year Laphroaig. I sort of wish I had ended the night with water instead.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    That'll be $13.50 please.

They stopped selling beer in the 5th Inning...too many fights.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

While I appreciate the I think the vanilla rum established the fact that ZEN2 knows dick about food and booze.

That's great you're up on Spanish culinary history, but I'm talking about a restaurant in Richmond, VA. 99% of Emilio's patrons couldn't give a flying fuck which region of Spain the food they're eating originated from. It's a good place to eat, that's all I was saying.

And while I know mojitos are not a Spanish drink, they do in fact drink them in Spain, albeit not as frequently as in the "New World".