Whats New and Good?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Seriously, im hard pressed to find anything i can listen to right now. Mabye its me, but im just not feeling anything. please save me. Any Genre is cool, just make sure its good......and new.

Comments

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    www.myspace.com/herrotics
    www.myspace.com/mancanmusic

You could try jim noir. Dudes from my home town, does kinda catchy phycedilicy goodness. Sounds a bit like the beach boys. Check his album tower of love...altough its not that new anymore. Uk heads will know 1 of his tracks from the ginsters pasty advert!
    For the uninitiated a pasty is a pastry based product containing meat & veg or cheese & onion.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Kemialliset Yst??v??t.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i'm definately talking bout chicken and gravy when it comes to pastys....mang.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    i'm definately talking bout chicken and gravy when it comes to pastys....mang.

I'm taking about steak and stilton.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    we've got red nose distrikt over at the moment. New LP is a facemelter. Rush Hour. forthcoming.. :

they djed last night.. amazing set.

on the newer still tip, check this offbeat shit out:

http://www.myspace.com/ahhu

production by Flying Lotus.. words and vocals by Ahu. my top tip at the moment.

peace

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Well, when you say "new" do you mean within the last month? 6 months? a year? I mean, there's some decent stuff from the last 6 months that doesn't sound stale to me, but that's me. I don't know if you're one of those people that listens to something for a week and then never looks back or not.

I'm still bumpin' the new Redman, the new Paul wall, Southern Slang 4 (i hate the drops on this but there are some dope songs), the new dipset (Duke Da God presents...), the new Crime Mob, but that's about it in the rap world that i've been checkin' for.

I listened to the USDA album and while it has a few good tracks, it's not a good album, really. It doesn't even come close to touching a Jeezy album.

I want to hear the Huey album. The b-side to Pop, Lock and Drop It is dope (a song called "Aye). I believe the album comes out June 19th.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    we've got red nose distrikt over at the moment. New LP is a facemelter. Rush Hour. forthcoming.. :

that is !!!

• I enjoyed DJ Babu's beat tape.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

peace

dungen, "tio bitar"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Still listening to this.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    http://www.myspace.com/zeepband

Nina Miranda and Chris Francks (formerly of Da lata, and Smoke City) new band ZEEP on Farout records.

Ever since Kenny Dope dropped that song Agua on the Brazilliaka mix. I've been checking out for this band.

The new album comes out in June.

---------

Black Moth Super Rainbow.. is like the band Air with a bit of boom bap. French synths, backwards strings and Vocoder for days.

---------

Domenico+2, Kassin+2, Moreno+2

Some real interesting brazillian stuff, from bossa, to more dance tracks. Caetano Veloso's son plus a couple of other artists producing each others albums. I'm just now getting around to hearing the Domenico one called Sincerely Hot the track you have to hear is "Alegria, Vai L??." Why aren't more dj's up on this track??

---------

Yura Yura Teikoku

Japanese Surf/psych rock.

I'll ride for these guys, because I know no one else here will..

- spidey

• Jimi Tenor & Kabu Kabu - joystone

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Fairly recent stuff I will ride for:

Phat Kat
    New DJ Zeph
    Wilco
    Crime Mob
    Thes One - Lifestyle Marketing
    DJ Day - The Back Catalogue

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    DJ Day - The Back Catalogue

also,
    Decompoze - Decomposition (underground hip-hop, 1/2 of Binary Star) ...dropped last year but I had no idea

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Thes One
    Thes One
    Thes One
    Thes One

jeah

it is dat gewd

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Thes One
    Thes One
    Thes One
    Thes One

jeah

it is dat gewd

I need to get it. Actually, I'm not even going to lie I just bought stepfather. That album is great. I just finally gave it rest.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    New DJ Zeph

Yessir! Zeph & Azeem =

(Also, I did a remix for the first single.)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

peace

dungen, "tio bitar"

but....this is just more wannabe dilla stuff.... dissapointed.

forgot about the paul wall, might have to rev up the soulseek for that one. and the redman really that good? I couldnt stand that last song he had a video for. If its good im going to buy it and not download. but dont let me down guys! whats the deal?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

but....this is just more wannabe dilla stuff.... dissapointed.

forgot about the paul wall, might have to rev up the soulseek for that one. and the redman really that good? I couldnt stand that last song he had a video for. If its good im going to buy it and not download. but dont let me down guys! whats the deal?

The Redman's waaaay too long but the first half of the album is highly enjoyable. Must admit that after listening to it for a few weeks have filed it away and not checked it since but it's definitely one of the better releases this year.