Missed Connections.

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    And for the record, I have no problem whatsoever gettin' my lil flirt-flirt on. I would even go so far as to say that I am better with the wordplay than most of you foolios. However, my problem this time was my inability to just jump in without making the situation awkward. As some of you pointed out, there's not much I can do with some wine coolers and gum.

Herm

"Do you like Hypnotiq?"

But I don't drink!

What if I would've said "HUBBA BUBBA!!!" and when she looked at me like I was a dog I could've said "that was my favorite gum growing up?"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And for the record, I have no problem whatsoever gettin' my lil flirt-flirt on. I would even go so far as to say that I am better with the wordplay than most of you foolios. However, my problem this time was my inability to just jump in without making the situation awkward. As some of you pointed out, there's not much I can do with some wine coolers and gum.

Herm

"Do you like Hypnotiq?"

But I don't drink!

Dude, no male should ever be caught drinking that stuff.

Perhaps suggest some "good clean fun" as an alternative to Bartles-n-Jamesin' herself into a lonely stupor.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    wine coolers and gum

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    As some of you pointed out, there's not much I can do with some wine coolers and gum.

Would you be more creative if it was Now-N-Later and Midnight Dragon?

I am saying!

Why not find something to complement her on?

"Ayyo, ma, how you get all that luscious ass up in them jeans?"

60 percent of the time, it works every time.

"Ayyo, ma, how you get all that luscious ass up in them jeans?"

60 percent of the time, it works every time.

Definitely for the Midnight Dragon & Big League Chew type of girls.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Who dat?

Who dat?

Elisha Cuthbert

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    GET over it holmes. Welcome to what faithfull boyfriends/husbands gotta deal with all the time.

This is best thread in a minute though!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Who dat?

Elisha Cuthbert

I'm DEEP D E E P INTO THAT!

Welcome to what faithfull boyfriends/husbands gotta deal with all the time.

Soft Shell Crab

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Soft Shell Crab

:EYEROLL:

Soft Shell Crab

:EYEROLL:

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    With all the advice that's been given, seems like we've missed the CRUCIAL reason why Herm didn't jump in and start macking right there:

Old ass cashier didn't hesitate to flirt, but man, how was I suppose to just jump in with them?

Now this I can sympathize with. There is nothing sloppier or scarier than seeing two or three guys trying to mack on the same woman all at once. That's why he had to go subtle:

Once they gave her her change I was like, "alright, let me just pay for this shit and try to get some eye contact outside."

However, the

Goddamn cockblocking ass cashier (...) fucked up my 2 item purchase. By the time I got outside, girl was driving away all by her lonesome.

Not that I have any solutions (and I hope I'm not saying something Herm doesn't want to hear; forgive me if I am), but when there is a cockblocking third wheel who had his say first[/b], sometimes it's hard to get around that. I would have waited till we got outside too (but then again, that cashier and his slow timing prevented that).

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    could've tried this:

"Listen, I was wandering. Can I ask you a question? Would you like a Fish Sandwich"

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I'm a fucking fool.

I just hit up the local (white-owned) Mexican grocery store to pick up some ant killer and bleach. Hit the register to pay and stood right behind this BANGIN' ass Chicana. A little taller than me, casual yet freshly dressed with a ponytail and a cute little face highlighted with some rectangle frame glasses. She looked about my age (rather refreshing, considering how few sexy ass 30 year old women there are these days). She was buying a 4 pack of wine coolers and some gum.

I was praying for her to turn around just a bit so I could get my eye contact on. I NEED that eye contact, at least a LITTLE something, to pursue it. This damn girl was OBLIVIOUS though! In her own little world and shit. Old ass cashier didn't hesitate to flirt, but man, how was I suppose to just jump in with them? Once they gave her her change I was like, "alright, let me just pay for this shit and try to get some eye contact outside."

Goddamn cockblocking ass cashier. That fool fucked up my 2 item purchase. Holmes did that shit on purpose, I KNOW IT. By the time I got outside, girl was driving away all by her lonesome. She's probably sippin' on that Bartles & Jaymes and riding The Rabbit?? to a lonely nights' sleep. And I'm here telling you foolios about it.

I kick myself for this type of shit way too often.

Philahobo, Stacks, JLR, King Moist...SOMEBODY please console me here.

Herm

wow. tough situation. i feel you hommie

you coulda acted impatient in line and been like, "yo, can you stop harassing this beaeutiful lady and let me buy me damn rat trap!" and then when she looked at you, been like, "i'll trade you two of these traps for one of those coolers" haha. naa, maybe not.

dont sweat it. i have like eight missed connections a day. just today i was riding my bike to the post office, thinking on how my ideal woman would probably look like rae dawn chong...and up in the molasses slow postal line i spy said rae dawn chong looking cutie looking at magazines, leaning on the post office wall!!! i was dead set to go up and say "i swear i recognize you from somewhere. did we go to school together" or my usual stuff. but i HAD to stay in that damn line (lunch break,long line,pressing postal need) so i was torn between leaving the line and staying init. well, i missed rae dawn chong. DOH! happens all the time, but it was kinda ill that i thought of rae dawn chong for the first time in forever, and a look alike was right there twenty minutes later

for real, herm, you could have interrupted old face at the counter. you could have bumped into her by accident, or you could have left your shit and followed her out. all kinda drastic...but scared herm dont get none.

anyway...other fish in the sea

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    herm, don't mean to be harsh but i don't think its a missed "connection" if she doesn't even know you exist

however, she wouldn't have been able to get your out of her mind if you dropped this line...

you coulda acted impatient in line and been like, "yo, can you stop harassing this beaeutiful lady and let me buy me damn rat trap!" and then when she looked at you, been like, "i'll trade you two of these traps for one of those coolers" haha. naa, maybe not.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    what might have been will haunt you forever.

what can I say? As a faithful husband I'm just a tourist in the flirting world.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Married dude pre-flirting is where is at

• "Girl, I'm standing here imagining myself running that gum through your hair"

THIS is too funny, i just swallowed my gum by accident

(!)

so going back to your use of grippeur earlier on this thread. does this add to the urban dictionary definition of what a gripper[/b] actually is? it is not only an american slang term for old people or new zealand wankers...

mind-boggling how far roots can trail off to

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Herm,

I know the feeling all too well. There's nothing sadder than say, being in the same train with a cutie, making eye contact, and her leaving for her station. (This was in Japan.)

I've never just walked up to a girl and started talking (except at a frat party one time) I am not much of a stud. I'm the type of dude that hooks up with girls once we get a little comfortable, she digs my humor, blah blah.

Does "Have I met you somewhere?" actually work?!

Yuichi

On a related story, recently I met this girl through a friend. I just assumed she was my friend's gf, so I was hesitant to chat up with her. Once we did start talking, I found her pretty attractive. I didn't ask her for her name or number. But I did know several of her friends so I just assumed we'd meet again. What an idiot. She seemed totally down to to kick it too. Now, I'm just gonna pray she's gonna show up again at the basketball courts or I find her on myspace or some shit.
    It's been nearly a year since the breakup with my ex.

Herm

"Do you like Hypnotiq?"

Her: "Ummm, I guess it's okay.......(gets her change, leaves swiftly)."

Me: "Hey waitup! I got some of that Sizzurp!"

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I didn't ask her for her name or number.

I'm just gonna pray she's gonna show up again at the basketball courts

I didn't ask her for her name or number.

I'm just gonna pray she's gonna show up again at the basketball courts

Yea, I was hesitant cuz I thought perhaps it was a girl my friend was seeing. It's all good, I'll probably see her again.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Herm,

I know the feeling all too well. There's nothing sadder than say, being in the same train with a cutie, making eye contact, and her leaving for her station. (This was in Japan.)

I've never just walked up to a girl and started talking (except at a frat party one time) I am not much of a stud. I'm the type of dude that hooks up with girls once we get a little comfortable, she digs my humor, blah blah.

Does "Have I met you somewhere?" actually work?!

Yuichi

On a related story, recently I met this girl through a friend. I just assumed she was my friend's gf, so I was hesitant to chat up with her. Once we did start talking, I found her pretty attractive. I didn't ask her for her name or number. But I did know several of her friends so I just assumed we'd meet again. What an idiot. She seemed totally down to to kick it too. Now, I'm just gonna pray she's gonna show up again at the basketball courts or I find her on myspace or some shit.
    It's been nearly a year since the breakup with my ex.

I am just quoting this because when you sober up you will probably try and edit it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am not much of a stud.

I am just quoting this because when you sober up you will probably try and edit it.

I am not much of a stud.

B-ball knowledge does not translate to the game of mackin.