The '07 Summer Jam Poast

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I am down with this one:

Is T.I. wearing white jeans in the shot under the bridge?

Eh the beat is ok but its so clubby... sounds almost like a techno beat.

Didn't Biggie do the whole driving backwards thing in Hypnotize?

what the hell is Fat Joe doing in that video?

What are they taking over? Isn't the south already on top? Or is it Miami?

Birdman wins the award for worst rapper of the year.

Akon still sucks.

PS. the women were the best part of the video and they barely showed em... suspect.

Aside from the driving backward, biggie knockoff, this shit is fire. I would get down to this shit in a club or bang that shit in the car.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For some strange reason, My 6-4 has already lost chart momentum. Some of us are hoping that once the video hits MTV and BET that such a trend quickly reverses itself.
    i would be shocked if it didn't

Obviously not much payola has been distributed on it, for on the big local station here in Austin, it was voted for weeks on end as the top dog on the nightly Hot 8 at 8 call-in poll but still hardly ever played at any time except then.

Regardless of all of that pretendo bullshit, it's a damned good song, period...and deserving of as much play as it can muster.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

It looks like it flows too freely to be heavy ass denim. Probably Linen or Cotton.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I am down with this one:

Eh the beat is ok but its so clubby... sounds almost like a techno beat.

Didn't Biggie do the whole driving backwards thing in Hypnotize?

what the hell is Fat Joe doing in that video?

What are they taking over? Isn't the south already on top? Or is it Miami?

Birdman wins the award for worst rapper of the year.

Akon still sucks.

PS. the women were the best part of the video and they barely showed em... suspect.

Aside from the driving backward, biggie knockoff, this shit is fire. I would get down to this shit in a club or bang that shit in the car.

eh man at least you can clown but be nice.

If that Usher joint "yea yea?" took off, and so did Fergalicious and Sexy Back and all that. I think this is in line with those, but more street.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    sorry, but "we takin' over" is nowhere near the same vein as sexy back and fergalicious, you are tripping.

i do like it though, i like the beat, and even more, i like the lil wayne verse over this beat. check for it if you haven't heard it. it kills the original track imo. "one time for me one time for the dj, he be khaled, i be lil' weezay" shit's hot.

If that Usher joint "yea yea?" took off, and so did Fergalicious and Sexy Back and all that. I think this is in line with those, but more street.

Just messin with you. This is definately in league with those but i can't use the fact that I can play a track at the club as a gauge for being listenable anymore since that is all anyone seems to use as a measurement these days. And playable in the club definately does not translate to the ride by any means as I am not playing Fergie, Usher, or Sexy Back, (even though they may hit in the club) in my ride. To each his own though. Overall just wasn't feelin the track, just too fast for me and from I could tell on the headphones the bass wasn't really knocking.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    sorry, but "we takin' over" is nowhere near the same vein as sexy back and fergalicious, you are tripping.

i do like it though, i like the beat, and even more, i like the lil wayne verse over this beat. check for it if you haven't heard it. it kills the original track imo. "one time for me one time for the dj, he be khaled, i be lil' weezay" shit's hot.

The Weezy version is great. I like this track. Trance rap is what's right now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Just messin with you. This is definately in league with those but i can't use the fact that I can play a track at the club as a gauge for being listenable anymore since that is all anyone seems to use as a measurement these days. And playable in the club definately does not translate to the ride by any means as I am not playing Fergie, Usher, or Sexy Back, (even though they may hit in the club) in my ride. To each his own though. Overall just wasn't feelin the track, just too fast for me and from I could tell on the headphones the bass wasn't really knocking.

Naw I was saying you're mild compared to other folks. Before this past weekend, I probably woulda dismissed this as part of the commercial garbage, but I actually hung out with dudes who embrace this type of shit, and I became a fan man.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this track is dope but i cant stand wayne's rapping style any more. the only thing that hit me was the 'its not a tumor' ref and then i remembered luda already did that.

i donno i just think lots of these nu-wayne verses sound corny.

oh yeah rick ross is pretty shitty. i am feeling the beat, akon on the hook, t.i., fat joe and birdman.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

tempos really notching up here

tempos really notching up here

you must be joking. ha.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you must be joking. ha.
    shouldn't you be recommending dilla knockoffs

that fabulous/swizz/jb single is kind of a mess
    fab sounds dope tho

you must be joking. ha.

that fabulous/swizz single is kind of a mess

funny. if you were a bit older you would be able to tell I was posting those for jokes, that video you psoted above, if not a joke, is just gawdawful.

Akon still sucks though.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you must be joking. ha.

funny. if you were a bit older you would be able to tell I was posting those for jokes, that video you psoted above, if not a joke, is just gawdawful.

Akon still sucks though.
    i think the d yankee song is pretty good, but my opinion aside i thought this thread was about potential summer jams

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    what the hell is this bullshit, deej? You ridin' around the city of wind, miata top down, with a middle finger in the air sayin' death to y'all to that?

you must be joking. ha.

Akon still sucks though.
    i think the d yankee song is pretty good, but my opinion aside i thought this thread was about potential summer jams

yes it is, and that is NOT going to be a sumemr jam...

christ after listening to that noise I think i actually like the Kaled track.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what the hell is this bullshit, deej? You ridin' around the city of wind, miata top down, with a middle finger in the air sayin' death to y'all to that?
    my pick for summer jam would be mike jones

i dont hate that daddy yankee though, and in my LOCAL JOGGING EXP. i wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of passing-car-play

in my LOCAL JOGGING EXP. i wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of passing-car-play

Thats perfect.

i dont hate that daddy yankee though, and in my LOCAL JOGGING EXP. i wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of passing-car-play

I can't fuck with Reggaeton one bit.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts

That's really, truly too bad.

That's really, truly too bad.

For who? I can't get into it and i'm latino.

The Federation: "College Girl"
    Keith Murrary & Tyresse joint

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    My Mind Garden Jamz

"Brown Paper Bag" DJ Khaled and the whole world

"Make Me Better" Fab and Ne-Yo

new Kanye and Common (For the People)

"Make Me Better" Fab and Ne

Biggest song in NY right now.

But the real soundtrack to this summer--in my neighborhood, at least--is pretty much R&B. Especially that new Kells album--pretty much the whole thing. I am hearing Lloyd and T-Pain a lot too.

That Fantasia joint is killing it right now. Both on KMEL and the grown folks station.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    fantasia's voice is great

• Natasha - Hey Hey Hey

I don't love it, but I don't hate it, and in-between the handclaps, Gwen Stefani/Fergie swagger jack, catchy flutes, and becky appeal I'm hearing giant summer jam.

SEAN KINGSTON "BEAUTIFULL GIRL"

catnip for the beckys and marias

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    SEAN KINGSTON "BEAUTIFULL GIRL"

catnip for the beckys and marias

PLEASE NO.

I think in order for a Summer Jam to be a Summer Jam, it's gotta be a hit "on the streets" as well, not strictly in Becky's public mind gardens. The remix with Sheek Louch (surprisingly) fails to give this song the street cred it so richly deserves and needs.

Seriously, the remix with Sheek makes this already awful, nauseating song even that much worse.

"Buy Me A Drank" is this summer's Summer Jam unless it can't carry itself all the way through the summer. It's certainly been the Spring Jam.

-e