YO Olski!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
What's the deal dude?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude, you asked us NOT to put you on blast, saying that it was "bad and messing with your business" and that was over 5 months ago AT LEAST. And you have not responded to any emails or myspace messages (I saw the one that I sent to you marked "READ") and you still send promo mail to my Myspace page.

DUDE, where is the fucking money you owe us for the record? It's going be how many years now?

OLSKI - PAY US FOR THE RECORD WE DID FOR YOU, THAT YOU PUT OUT, THAT WE NEVER SAW ANY MONEY FROM.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Dude, you asked us NOT to put you on blast, saying that it was "bad and messing with your business" and that was over 5 months ago AT LEAST. And you have not responded to any emails or myspace messages (I saw the one that I sent to you marked "READ") and you still send promo mail to my Myspace page.

DUDE, where is the fucking money you owe us for the record? It's going be how many years now?

OLSKI - PAY US FOR THE RECORD WE DID FOR YOU, THAT YOU PUT OUT, THAT WE NEVER SAW ANY MONEY FROM.

welcome to the music biz, boys. stuff like that seems to just happen. be prepared: when you will meet him in person, he will be the nicest guy on earth and will be having 100 excuses why he didnt pay.
    this bizness is

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    the first stupid thread is 3 months ago...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It will stop being stupid when we get fucking paid.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why the fuck are dudes defending this cat on
    some "that's just the bizness - you don't get paid"
    bullshit?! This dude needs to man up and pay up all
    monies owed. What's up with DJ Day and AKO? Did those
    guys get their paper? Shit, Grope is selling AKO's 45
    on MPM in the sales forum as "highest offer."

Not even answering e-mails is weaksauce x 10,000 - and
    all you dudes trying to front on Cosmo need to get your
    shit together and think before posting that bullshit.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Which record is this about?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would rather not say because since we haven't seen a red cent off of it I feel obligated to negate it's existence.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I would rather not say because since we haven't seen a red cent off of it I feel obligated to negate it's existence.

You won't even speak its name?

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    damn, it's like that? dude just left me mad posts on my myspace

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yeah this is some bullshit straight up and down. The two times I have been able to get a response from Olski, he has promised to send us accounting and payment, then promptly disappeared again. Some way to run a business.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Pay these dudes. You got the music, now give them their yaper.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    damn why you gotta stick em for their paper?!

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
    Shit, Grope is selling AKO's 45

AYO! That was only a joke!

Nobody wanted it anyway
    Serioulsy, I was only trying to make a joke. Look at the smiley behind the highest offer thingie.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah this is some bullshit straight up and down. The two times I have been able to get a response from Olski, he has promised to send us accounting and payment, then promptly disappeared again. Some way to run a business.

This pretty much mirrors my experience with Rich king and Big Daddy. No matter how small the money it just becomes an issue of principle. Shit is trifling.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

This pretty much mirrors my experience with Rich king and Big Daddy. No matter how small the money it just becomes an issue of principle. Shit is trifling.

He's mad disorganised. Call up Big Daddy and ask for Jan, the new accountant. She'll sort you out.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

This pretty much mirrors my experience with Rich king. No matter how small the money it just becomes an issue of principle. Shit is trifling.

MWWUUUUHAAAAA HAAAA HA HA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA !!!!

working for free is awesome.

jonny, were those for your cds ? a 12" i did for fondle em' a while back got re issued...never saw a dime.
    do it yourself people. although our current situation is fine....no complaints there.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah that was for the CD. I stopped dealing with king and was talking to various other people over there. A lot of lip service but nothing done. At the end I was like "just send me the remaining CDs! You admitted they weren't selling for you! I can use them." Nothing.

• All my business dealings with Oliver have been super on-point.
    He's been nothing but 100% responsible with me.
    Hope you guys can straighten it out.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    It's not the same thing, because it's recreation and not messing with my business,
    but olski had me waiting for a package for about 1 1/2 years. Similar experience.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    ...promised to send us accounting and payment, then promptly disappeared again. Some way to run a business.

Sound like every distributor I've delt with!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Shit, Grope is selling AKO's 45

AYO! That was only a joke!

Nobody wanted it anyway
    Serioulsy, I was only trying to make a joke. Look at the smiley behind the highest offer thingie.

• idemidem 98 Posts

why didn't you put it out yourself ?
    is this the breakbeat raer you are talkin of ?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Pay these dudes. You got the music, now give them their yaper.

pay them, stop bein' triflin'

every fucking week you guys leave me some message on myspace, stop doin' that too, I mark it as spam every single time...

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i never wanted to protect olski.. i just said that he s not the only one not paying any $$ to his artists. i released on maybe 10 different labels and the chance not to get paid was almost 40%.. even if it were really small amounts (lets say 500 copies) i would still like to get an email from the owner rather than having to ask him whats up.. thats why i now prefer to work with the label situated in my hometown, u just know the guys and they cant fuck u up.
    another nice experience was ubiquity from LA. just had 1 release there and the guys seem to be VERY after all the important issues like contracts, fees, licensing...

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I'm sorry guys but the truth always lays in between all of this.

I did records too on MPM and had never any problmes with Olski. I got my money and everything.

Ask DJ Day, ask Lefties Soul Connection, ask Ako they all got their money.

So to me it seems that this situation is BIGGER than what we know. There must be diffrences we dont know anything about.

So I would suggest that we all shut our mouths and let them dudes do what they have to do.

If you never had anything to do with Olski you shouldnt judge on him just because one guy is pissed.

I can show you 10 guys who are not pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. The TRUTH is Ayres and I did a record for Olski. He pressed it up and distributed it. Ayres and I never saw any money from Olski. It has taken about 2 years to finally get an answer from him about money, after emails and putting him on blast on the forum that he trolls through farming for most of the talent that he "signs" - including Ayres and I. Finally, after this thread, Olski has sent me the accounting for the records, which we'll look at and then hopefully everything is kosher. Ayres is on tour so I'm waiting for him to get back to me about it, and then hopefully we can actually see our money from Olski, perhaps in another 2 years.

It's nothing personal, it's just business. I've been putting records out for the past 10 years, both by myself and through labels. This is the first time I've had to deal with a problem getting paid. Your insinuation that the "situation being bigger that we all know" is bullshit and straight insulting, Hawkeye.

And for the record I was hesitant in even putting dude on blast on this forum, and also because of my clsoe relationship with Day and Mike. But the fact of the matter is that we have not seen our money, after years and multiple attempts in contacting him trying to get an answer from him.

I'm sorry guys but the truth always lays in between all of this.

I did records too on MPM and had never any problmes with Olski. I got my money and everything.

Ask DJ Day, ask Lefties Soul Connection, ask Ako they all got their money.

So to me it seems that this situation is BIGGER than what we know. There must be diffrences we dont know anything about.

So I would suggest that we all shut our mouths and let them dudes do what they have to do.

If you never had anything to do with Olski you shouldnt judge on him just because one guy is pissed.

I can show you 10 guys who are not pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    We were paid up about 2 months ago.