Something occurred to me last night (NRR)

2»

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Why do you think of it as only a far-right conspiracy?

Well, I sort of lump those reborn Christian fundamentalists with the far right.. do I have that wrong?

I know that not ALL right wing conservatives are fundamentalists, but to a very large extent the people that vote them into office are.

OK, let me put it this way...do you really think that the right wing Christian fundamentalists are pushing the Zionist agenda any harder than the left wing Jewish coalition?

All in all, since the Anti-Defamation League is actually an extension of Mossad aka Israeli intelligence, left and right mean very little when it comes to Zionism in America.

Yo,

I'm Jewish & never cared much about Israel or its existance, but, as I come into contact with more wackos from the united states & abroad, through the internet & in the real world, I'm relieved that there is a place like Israel...When dudes start talking about "zionist agendas" & "extensions of mossad", I start to get worried & hear goosestepping in the streets...

Sieg Heil!!

• I've got a cousin and a friend that are both serving in Iraq now, neither of whom are known to be of the mindless soldier type. While I can't wait for them to return home, I'm so very scared of what their mindstates will be once they do.

I feel you on this. One of my oldest and best friends did his initial tour a while back, and I was worried as fuck about how what his head would be like when he came back. He's not AT ALL the mindless soldier type, in fact, if you grew up with him, you'd be shocked he joined the military at all. But he did, finished his obligation, then re-enlisted specifically to go fight in this war. Went. Came back alive and in one piece (thankfully). Saw him shortly after his return, and he seemed to be doing alright. He was very conscious about the whole thing being bullshit, and there being some serious ulterior motives to the whole thing. He didn't share too much, and honestly, I was too happy seeing him alive and well to press him on it. Besides, after what he had been through, I really didn't want to be the dude trying to make him relive any of that shit in the short time that we were able to hang out.

But, he did calmly and matter-of-factly show me some pretty gruesome pictures and videos of some of the shit that went down over there. Very surreal, considering he's always been a pretty peaceful and non-confrontational guy. But that shit is what it is. Anyway, for what it's worth, he seemed like he came through it alright, but I can't help believing he's the exception and not the rule, you know? And I worry because he's supposed to have another tour coming up. And shit seems a lot uglier now than it was during his first tour. Got another really close friend who's slated for a tour in the near future. Dunno when, but that shit's on my mind daily.

Not sure why I just typed all that.

I'm feeling you on that "what to do?" bewilderment as well.

• But, he did calmly and matter-of-factly show me some pretty gruesome pictures and videos of some of the shit that went down over there. Very surreal, considering he's always been a pretty peaceful and non-confrontational guy. But that shit is what it is.

Thanks for this post, I don't currently know anybody serving overseas
    so it's interesting to read even 2nd and 3rd hand accounts.

Also now we're getting 1st handers...bellcity in the house

There some sobering reminders in this here thred.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm hungry.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I've got a cousin and a friend that are both serving in Iraq now, neither of whom are known to be of the mindless soldier type. While I can't wait for them to return home, I'm so very scared of what their mindstates will be once they do.

I feel you on this. One of my oldest and best friends did his initial tour a while back, and I was worried as fuck about how what his head would be like when he came back. He's not AT ALL the mindless soldier type, in fact, if you grew up with him, you'd be shocked he joined the military at all. But he did, finished his obligation, then re-enlisted specifically to go fight in this war. Went. Came back alive and in one piece (thankfully). Saw him shortly after his return, and he seemed to be doing alright. He was very conscious about the whole thing being bullshit, and there being some serious ulterior motives to the whole thing. He didn't share too much, and honestly, I was too happy seeing him alive and well to press him on it. Besides, after what he had been through, I really didn't want to be the dude trying to make him relive any of that shit in the short time that we were able to hang out.

But, he did calmly and matter-of-factly show me some pretty gruesome pictures and videos of some of the shit that went down over there. Very surreal, considering he's always been a pretty peaceful and non-confrontational guy. But that shit is what it is. Anyway, for what it's worth, he seemed like he came through it alright, but I can't help believing he's the exception and not the rule[/b] , you know? And I worry because he's supposed to have another tour coming up. And shit seems a lot uglier now than it was during his first tour. Got another really close friend who's slated for a tour in the near future. Dunno when, but that shit's on my mind daily.

Not sure why I just typed all that.

I'm feeling you on that "what to do?" bewilderment as well.
    This whole war shit can be depressing. I have a good friend of mine over there and he won't be back until Jan. 2006. I know a lot of folks that I work with that have spouses over there and I hope they make it back in one piece. As for guys 'losing it' when they get back, I've fortunately never had to deal with that (for either myself or my colleagues). All I can say is just continue to love your peoples like always have . The worst shit I had saw was wives/girlfriends leaving their husbands/boyfriends because they couldn't deal with them being gone. Jumping ship is another way to put it. If at any time more than ever, while they're gone is the time to be in their corner. Dudes get back, find out their significant other hasn't been faithful and guys go beserk. You hear it all the time..Soldier kills wife, military police reports of soldiers beating up their spouses, high divorce rates, soldiers committing suicide...It's ugly, man. But yeah, support your family and friends deployed. Thanks soulstrut for Beats Over Baghad (what's up Dan!)....What's up Terry C.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Thank you for resurrecting this post and reminding the strutters what an anti-semitic nutjob Archaic was.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^

SuperGuzzo !

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Thank you for resurrecting this post and reminding the strutters what an anti-semitic nutjob Jonny Paycheck is also[/b].