Mayweather vs. De la Hoya

2»

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    'i guess tonight wasn't the night of the jab..' WHAT THE FUCK WAS OSCAR TALKING ABOUT????

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    'i guess tonight wasn't the night of the jab..' WHAT THE FUCK WAS OSCAR TALKING ABOUT????

He fucked up with that, every time he used it he had Mayweather confused and backing up. That could have saved his ass.

I know fools wanna see someone get knocked the fuck out, but it was a good, evenly matched fight. Mayweather's defense and speed was too much for De la Hoya.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    is it me or does floyd mayweather sr. look like predator?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    mayweather's interview after the fight was intense.
    i guess it turns out god doesnt lie.
    i feel like it really isnt settled. both of them better come out of retirement for the rematch.
    Floyd waited way too long to start throwing punches too. maybe 5th or 8th but 11th was serious trouble.
    it was a good fight though.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    medina vs. boom boom was a good fight.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    It was cool Shane Mosely flew out to Puerto Rico on his own dime to help him train.

Sugar Shane wants a piece of Mayweather next. Anybody catch that show "Ballers" on BET on Friday?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

He fucked up with that, every time he used it he had Mayweather confused and backing up. That could have saved his ass.

I know fools wanna see someone get knocked the fuck out, but it was a good, evenly matched fight. Mayweather's defense and speed was too much for De la Hoya.

Day pretty much sums it up nicely. Punching accuracy and defense on Mayweather's end, with aggression, flailing, and missing on Oscar's side of the coin. Punches thrown, but missed, do not win a fight, but clean effective punching does. Oscar has never dominated a great fighter. He has shined against cats that were either past their primes like Julio Cesar Chavez or were pretenders ala Fernando Vargas and Ricardo Mayorga; thus, I'm not a fan (i.e., I think he's overrated, always have). I'd say the same of Mike Tyson, but I digress. All the greats I know (e.g., Ali, Leonard, Whitaker, Hagler, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis, Hopkins, Louis, Marciano, Johnson, Dempsey, Robinson) dominated the greats of their era. I De La Hoya, while very good, falls just short on MY barometer.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mayweather 116-112

1)Mayweather 10-9
    2)De la Hoya 10-9
    3)Mayweather 10-9
    4)Mayweather 10-9
    5)Mayweather 10-9
    6)De la Hoya 10-9
    7)De la Hoya 10-9
    8)De la Hoya 10-9
    9)Mayweather 10-9
    10)Mayweather 10-9
    11)Mayweather 10-9
    12)Mayweather 10-9

8 & 12 were the only questionable rounds

Sugar Shane wants a piece of Mayweather next.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Mayweather 116-112

1)Mayweather 10-9
    2)De la Hoya 10-9
    3)Mayweather 10-9
    4)Mayweather 10-9
    5)Mayweather 10-9
    6)De la Hoya 10-9
    7)De la Hoya 10-9
    8)De la Hoya 10-9
    9)Mayweather 10-9
    10)Mayweather 10-9
    11)Mayweather 10-9
    12)Mayweather 10-9

8 & 12 were the only questionable rounds

I only had 25 bucks on Mayweather but after the first judge came back De La Hoya I was thinking he pulled some another suspect ass split decision. Suprisingly the other two judges didn't fall for De La Hoya's missed punches like the crowd did.

after the first judge came back De La Hoya I was thinking he pulled some another suspect ass split decision.

I almost fell out of my chair when i heard that first score....Oscar kept backing Floyd into the same corner ..so i'm assuming that judge was sitting on the opposite side of the ring and really couldn't see what was going on.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    when the first judges score card was read i was thinkin 'DRAW!!!!' whew! close call.
    mayweather was pretty methodical with his... im sure boxing scientists will say this was a well fought fight and im sure it was but it was pretty boring. luckily espn re-ran that holyfield/bowe fight where the parachuter came down on caesars palace. that fight was pretty ill.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mayweather's defense must be one of the best. But I don't like his style.

Close fight though. Apparently the swing judge was the only one that gave the 12th to Mayweather. If he had given the 12th to Oscar, it would've been a draw.

"I felt I won the fight. I was pressuring the fight. If I didn't, there'd be no fight." - De La Hoya

I agree. Oscar should have won that fight.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this fight sucked.

no way I would pay for a rematch.

G-d don't lie.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I want to see Roger & Floyd Sr. fight... the fight was not as good as I would have liked to see... if Floyd would have stayed off the ropes he would have won every round... Floyd was not aggressive enough for me even though he has the reach advantage... there will probably be a re-match and it will be just as boring.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Suprisingly the other two judges didn't fall for De La Hoya's missed punches like the crowd did.
    the crowd was wylin out when de la hoya would go berzerk missing punches.
    when the judges came out saying mayweather won...
    i think they couldnt respect him because of 50

BTW Mayweather coming with the Mexican theme was genius.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

My coworker was at the fight (she and her husband are status) with great seats and said that much of the crowed hatted on him for the Cinco de Mayweather theme.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i was gonna say, i dont think it won him any fans at the ring.
    i definetly dug it though. and the sombrero looked dope too.

i was gonna say, i dont think it won him any fans at the ring.
    i definetly dug it though. and the sombrero looked dope too.

exactly. I'm sure the pro-de la Hoya crowd was asshurt, but it was just a fresh idea to pull the rug out from under dude. and plus it was just a cool way to acknowledge the holiday I thought, even if dude is not Mexican.