dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Put your $ up

Comments

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im surprised there havent been any threads on this already
    im goin for de la hoya but mayweather may getindatass

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Mayweather... Faster, younger, and hungrier.

i won't completely count out De La Hoya though.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

"Don't get tired Oscar"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Day,

Pretty Boy Floyd is gonna smash De La Hoya!!! I'm gonna enjoy watching him do so. I can't stand that pansy, coaster.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• im surprised there havent been any threads on this already
    im goin for de la hoya but mayweather may getindatass

link

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I got 1 mil on Pretty Boy tomorrow night. If you watch the fight, look for me in the 4th row near Mayweather's corner

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that video is funny. i like mayweather by decision. no knockdowns either. but i wouldnt be surprised with some 'draw' bullshit.

you think 50cent gonna ride into the arena on his segway?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Has Mayweather ever been knocked down before? (not KO'd)

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I was gonna go but I didn't lock down the dj gig in vegas so I won't be there. real deal is that mayweather is gonna get in his ass but de la hoya is old school and legendary and these fights seemed fixed on big ones like this. I think Maywether will beat his ass but they will probably let de la hoya win! I seriously am ready to put money on mayweather though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I was gonna go but I didn't lock down the dj gig in vegas so I won't be there. real deal is that mayweather is gonna get in his ass but de la hoya is old school and legendary and these fights seemed fixed on big ones like this. I think Maywether will beat his ass but they will probably let de la hoya win! I seriously am ready to put money on mayweather though.

That sounds about right.

I might get my bet on for this one. Mayweather is favored to win, but I don't think by a wide margin. I need to check the odds for this shit.

Boxing really needs fights like this because MMA is slowly taking over.

• Mayweather has been knocked down in 2001, in a fight vs. Carlos Hernandez, it was the first and last time for him until now.
    Concerning this night event, i feel De La Hoya can win inside the 6th first rounds, or Mayweather by decision.

• MMA is boring as shit. Sport for closet homos. I aint down with dudes rolling around on the floor groping each other.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MMA is boring as shit. Sport for closet homos. I aint down with dudes rolling around on the floor groping each other.

Name a sport that isnt?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    De La winning is better for the $port.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    MMA is boring as shit. Sport for closet homos. I aint down with dudes rolling around on the floor groping each other.

You obviously haven't watched MMA then. Mayweather will be choked the shit out of by the top MMA fighters. Top boxers? You can take that shit to K-1 son.

UFC/Pride > K-1 > Boxing

Okay, I better get ready for this fight!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i will be checking for this fight. just have to find a bar that is playing it.
    my $ is on sweet cheeks
    the hbo special on this fight is pretty entertaining

• Options
    I got my money on Mayweather already. Also put down for Stormello to Win,Place, or Show at the Derby and my boxed trifecta bet is for Street Sense, Stormello, and Scat Daddy. I wanted to lay down a WPS on Liquidity too, at 30-1 but didnt although there is still time and I have to go back that way in a few minutes.

OTB in Freeport was some scene. Like the bar in Star Wars. No sign of Supercat this year, he's usually in there on the big race days.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Honestly, lets think about this. If mayweather just doesn't cold tko him which I don't think will happen, De La Hoya will probably win by decision even if he gets his ass beat. Like I said, fixed. It's Cinco De Mayo and Marc Anthony is singing the national anthem. De La Hoya has to win!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    when de la hoya wins, the real question is:
    will the overdramatize the success story of his parkisans trainer and make him the real winner? then we all go on to realize that everyone is a winner tonight.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

i won't completely count out De La Hoya though.

Cosine. I'm rooting for De La Hoya, though, just because I'm tired of Floyd's shit-talking. I know it's all promo work, as evidenced by the several programs devoted to building up the fight, but I'm just tired of it. At this point, I want to punch Floyd in the face.

But I don't think my mom would be cool with me showing up for Mother's Day in a full-body cast.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just watched the HBO special and Mayweather looked on top of his game. Dude was also talking a GANG of shit. It made me wanna ride for De la Joto for the first time ever. It was cool Shane Mosely flew out to Puerto Rico on his own dime to help him train.

We'll see what happens. I'm glad I didn't put money on it cause it looks too close to call.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Like I said, fixed.

It was cool Shane Mosely flew out to Puerto Rico on his own dime to help him train.

Yeah, sparring against real fighters is pretty wild - dude is definitely ready for this fight. Is De La Hoya that prepared? Does a career of experience offset recent training? We'll see soon enough.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It was cool Shane Mosely flew out to Puerto Rico on his own dime to help him train.

Yeah, sparring against real fighters is pretty wild - dude is definitely ready for this fight. Is De La Hoya that prepared? Does a career of experience offset recent training? We'll see soon enough.

Good question. De la Hoya looked kinda slow sparring but who knows. That 6 year age difference could be an issue.
    6,630(!) punches in a single training day lets me know Floyd is good to go.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Honestly, lets think about this. If mayweather just doesn't cold tko him which I don't think will happen, De La Hoya will probably win by decision even if he gets his ass beat. Like I said, fixed. It's Cinco De Mayo and Marc Anthony is singing the national anthem. De La Hoya has to win!

you startin' to make me kinda nervous 'bout my $1M on Pretty Boy, son

Still eating off that paper towel cake, I see?

And as far as really laying down the cash goes, the one time I put some significant money down in a Vegas sports book, it was on the Pats winning the Super Bowl. I was out there for a wedding (Hawaiian Elvis theme), and sure enough, that was the one year they didn't win it in their 3-out-of-4 year streak.

Gambling and I do not mix. Lucky in life, unlucky in wagering.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Maaaan, I won't shed a tear if I never see 50's face again.

Ok, time to put some beer in the refrigerator and get ready for Floyd to whoop De la Hoya's ass.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I only see one way Mayweather losing this fight and that's if he gets hurt.

For some strange reason Floyd agreed to use a 10 ounce glove that he's never fought with before.

His hands are brittle.

Head butt or hurt hands are Oscar's only chance.

Unless the 5/5 fix is in and it goes the distance.

Floyd in 8

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    is it me or does floyd mayweather sr. look like predator?