SPIDER-MAN 3 FEVER

123457»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I wasn't surprised at how bad "Crash" was. I was stunned by how much worse it was then even my low expectations. But my point was that I didn't screen it out of pure curiosity, nor the desire to "make up my own mind." I expected it to be bad and was hoping its bad-ness would be useful for a critical class discussion (little did I expect practically my entire class to co-sign on it. That surprised me).

i definitely understand that. i wasn't saying that you screened it out of curiosity or to "make up your own mind." my point was that there is more than 3 reasons (being bored or a sheep or both) to watch a bad movie.

Accepted...but Audamn...do you really think that most people went to go see the movie, after opening weekend, out of innocent curiosity? I'm not trying to be cynical, just realistic.

no, not just curiosity and not just to make up their own minds. see i'm not limiting it to one or two things and never suggested that "most people" went out of curiosity. i'm just saying there's more than one reason and i didn't like that generalization. some people just want to see action and don't care about the story. there were still entertaining moments, it's not like this is Dune or something

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    If everyone seems to know that Spiderman 3 sucks, why does everyone go see it?

People are either

or

or both.

People are either lesbians or sheep-fuckers???

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    While I was checking my e-mail I saw a short blurb on AOL saying that Spiderman 3's sales have dropped 60% all ready.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    While I was checking my e-mail I saw a short blurb on AOL saying that Spiderman 3's sales have dropped 60% all ready.

The Spiderman fans have already seen it now.

That and word of mouth.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    it's not like this is Dune or something

Why you gotta hate on my boys Kyle and Sting trying to do their thing?

And let's not forget Sean Young in another winning sci-fi role!

Bugged out trivia: I forgot Linda Hunt was in this. I'm so used to her being the host of City Arts and Lectures.

Actually, I forgot Virginia Madsen was in this too!

Well, that's 60% from the biggest opening in history. I mean, $60,000,000 for a second weekend is bigger than most blockbuster's opening weekend,

People are either lesbians or sheep-fuckers???

You have a dirty, dirty mind.

there were still entertaining moments

Why try to rationalize a sub-par movie going experience?

if it was completely shitty i would have walked out, brainiac.

"you sound like you're a Warriors fan that watched Spiderman 3."

"you sound like you're a Warriors fan that watched Spiderman 3."

good one

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I did go see "hot Fuzz" today.

Now here's a movie that deserves my $10.00.

- spidey

• My point is more in terms of the people who contributed to this weekend's $60 million follow-up take. You can draw any number of conclusions about that, including: 1) there was nothing else up against it (boredom), 2) people wanted to see what everyone else had seen the weekend before (sheep), 3) people are willing to go see a sequel simply because it returns their favorite characters even if things like plot, script, narrative, acting, directing are all supposedly slipshod (sheep-ish but of a different flavor), 4) they want some distraction that a good popcorn film, ideally, can deliver (boredom).

Spoken like a true academic. I guess fans of "Spiderman" are zombies who crave half-baked characters. God forbid they nestled into their stadium seat not out of ennui or conformity, but out of a real desire to see something that spoke to them! The horror of it all!

So you think it's a bad movie. Why not just leave it at that instead of coming up with some ridiculous viewership theory that assumes things about the viewers that you don't even have a clue about?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

good point.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Possible spoilers...

Are there any Spiderman comic fans out there?

Can you explain these things to me:

Why does venom have big teeth and what are they made of?
    Does the comic book feature as many coincidences as the screenplay did? Is this typical?
    Do the four heroes/villains that fight in the movie ever appear together in a comic?
    Does spiderman really take his mask off all the time? Does anyone ever see him like that?

• Possible spoilers...

Are there any Spiderman comic fans out there?

Can you explain these things to me:

Why does venom have big teeth and what are they made of?
    Does the comic book feature as many coincidences as the screenplay did? Is this typical?
    Do the four heroes/villains that fight in the movie ever appear together in a comic?
    Does spiderman really take his mask off all the time? Does anyone ever see him like that?

the movie tried(poorly) to recreate the look of venom in the comic books...bear in mind that venom is an "alien" symbiote so the teeth are just an alien feature of its anatomy that appears when it attaches to eddie brock(who, in the comic book is an evil musclehead, as opposed to the geeky skinny Topher Grace)

the story line in the movie doesnt follow any exact story line (neither the characters origins or deaths)from any spidey comic book, rather it was created to expose viewers to new characters (in an extremely abbreviated way)and to show off an abundance of special effects.

and in the comic spidey never whips off his mask in public but it has been torn many times during battle but no so much as to reveal his identity to the public...