SHOW ME SOME GREAT PSYCH RECORDS.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Lyd is

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You can get United States of America "S/T" for under $50. Great record.

One of the more reasonable things posted in this thread. Domestic copies of White Noise should be pretty reasonable too.

i can't stand that record. it's a cheap record for a good reason. i'd rather buy an early soft machine lp. i still don't get what people like about the united states of america.

SOFT MACHINE BURN MY ASS

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

SOFT MACHINE BURN MY ASS

is that a good think -- i love all that shit. cantebury shit.

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts

One of the more reasonable things posted in this thread. Domestic copies of White Noise should be pretty reasonable too.

i can't stand that record. it's a cheap record for a good reason. i'd rather buy an early soft machine lp. i still don't get what people like about the united states of america.

SOFT MACHINE BURN MY ASS

I got rid of Soft Machine 1-62 and have not looked back. I kept my Wyatt albums though.

SOFT MACHINE BURN MY ASS

amen. I came to that conclusion after actually just delving into the slim surface of the psych genre. I just cant stand the lead singers voice. I sorta-feel there instrumental songs.

Call me a stickler, but Soft Machine is yet another group I'd hardly call "psych".

Psychadelic fusion Id say so. But different genre's mean different things to different people.

Call me a stickler, but Soft Machine is yet another group I'd hardly call "psych".

so what is psych?

so what is psych?

I tend to think records that actually sound psychedelic. Not ordinary 70's rock like Manfred Mann, not proggy/fusiony stuff like Soft Machine, not tepid blues-rock.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

so what is psych?

I tend to think records that actually sound psychedelic. Not ordinary 70's rock like Manfred Mann, not proggy/fusiony stuff like Soft Machine, not tepid blues-rock.

For me, Psychedelic is semi-hard to define, because many genres embraced it and added it to what they were doing. However that doesn't mean there's strict guidelines to what makes things psych. It's definitely 60's and 70's expiremental rock featuring sitar, fuzz, and plenty of effect pedals on not just the guitar, but also the vocals and anything else you can pickup. More Avant garde freakouts, then structured projects, not too proggy or jazzy. Sometimes including surreal lyrics and dream-like qualities. The problem with psych collectors and genres is that they can be extremely broad with what is psych and what isn't.

Soft machine for example to me is jazzy prog fusion with psych tinges.

- spidey

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    I got rid of Soft Machine 1-62 and have not looked back. I kept my Wyatt albums though.

you didnt hold onto the Kevin Ayres albums??? "joy of a toy" is ace.

I am mostly just busting balls cause it's been a slow week at crink manor. I just thought this thread was funny cause it started with SHOW ME GREAT PSYCH I HAVE $50! I personally think stuff like Ultimate Spinach and WCPAEB is boring... but there are plenty of accredited "real psych" dudes who ride for that shit. I am just a total crank and I bought those records like 10+ years ago and and they bore me now. The real exciting shit is rare and I can't afford to spend a months rent on Azitis, so I'm ass hurt.

Have an exciting day on Soulstrut.

I am mostly just busting balls cause it's been a slow week at crink manor. I just thought this thread was funny cause it started with SHOW ME GREAT PSYCH I HAVE $50! I personally think stuff like Ultimate Spinach and WCPAEB is boring... but there are plenty of accredited "real psych" dudes who ride for that shit. I am just a total crank and I bought those records like 10+ years ago and and they bore me now. The real exciting shit is rare and I can't afford to spend a months rent on Azitis, so I'm ass hurt.

Have an exciting day on Soulstrut.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    WCPAEB is boring...

Trippin.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Definitely way too many records mentioned here as 'psych' but are actually rock or prog rock.

And the 'Dark' album mentioned, if it's the UK legendary-super-rare group/album then that's most definitely prog rock and not psych.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I just like trippy:

As for actual psychedelic stuff, I have a 16 song bootleg album featuring 45's from a bunch of Texas bands where the A-side was where they tried to be acceptable, and the B-sides were where they allowed themselves to "freak out".

• awallawall 673 Posts

PSYCH

• awallawall 673 Posts

HELL YES

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    isnt that hard rock?

• awallawall 673 Posts

HELLA BACKWARDS GUITARS AND SHIT

isnt that hard rock?

YES BUT IT DOES NOT SUCK

• awallawall 673 Posts
    isnt that hard rock?
    yes, hard PSYCHEDELIC rock

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nvjx9b

... since nobody was biting in the other forums, I'm
    throwing it out there for public consumption ...
    ... an OG shouldn't run you more than $25-$30.

The 2nd Blue Cheer album is pretty darn psychedelic.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nvjx9b

... since nobody was biting in the other forums, I'm
    throwing out there for public consumption ... an OG
    shouldn't run you more than $25-$30.

'Tis a good record and definitely has psych moments. Good songs too.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I just like trippy:

As for actual psychedelic stuff, I have a 16 song bootleg album featuring 45's from a bunch of Texas bands where the A-side was where they tried to be acceptable, and the B-sides were where they allowed themselves to "freak out".

Father Yod stuff is crazy!! My friend just found a couple lp's from the dude. Great stuff The story behind him and his cult is equally

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    So here is a question.....do HIPPIES like Psych?
    Or just collectros?

So here is a question.....do HIPPIES like Psych?
    Or just collectros?

Modern hippies?