SHOW ME SOME GREAT PSYCH RECORDS.

1235»

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Sorry, psych is a truly slender genre.

How about svelte?

Again, I just like trippy:

http://xxxrockrula.blogspot.com/2007/05/ford-theatre-trilogy-for-masses1968.html

(this Day Blindness is the recent 180g reissue)

Freak Emporium always has some great stuff.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This thread is amazing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This thread is confusing. Again.

PSYCH

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

I found an LP by Triangle (french Prog) that melted my face, neck and chest off a few weeks back.

i've heard that this is great -- i want a copy to call my own.

if u guys are talking bout this french prog s/t facemelter, i just recently copped a 2nd copy thats tradeable

Can't believe none of y'all named King Crimson...they are the king of Psych...ALL LPs UNDER ACID or nothing. THey even created that reverse guitar effect. I love the red LP.

Not only have they been mentioned a few times already (or was that all you?) but KC is the very definition of PROG... not bad prog by any means, but not psych... psych was definitely not on major labels (in the U.S.) by that time...

There were definitely major label psych lp's in the US before 1969.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    non...

I'd definitely count United States of America as a Psych LP. no which way about it. If you dispute that, you obviously havent really listened to it.

agreed though about the noodleing, save that for progademia.

I need to replace my copy of ILL WIND without the pressing defect. Help Me Please???

I love the USA record. That was one of the first records I spent "big money" on a long time ago. I'm surprised so many people are baggin' on it here.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    THIS IS PSYCH. And by "psych" I mean "gentle." The two are often confused.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Can't believe none of y'all named King Crimson...they are the king of Psych...ALL LPs UNDER ACID or nothing. THey even created that reverse guitar effect. I love the red LP.

Not only have they been mentioned a few times already (or was that all you?) but KC is the very definition of PROG... not bad prog by any means, but not psych... psych was definitely not on major labels (in the U.S.) by that time...

There were definitely major label psych lp's in the US before 1969.

Thats what I was saying...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    canonical said:
    THIS IS PSYCH. And by "psych" I mean "gentle." The two are often confused.

What about Mashmakhan? Psych, or Prog?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i'm just thinking of days when we are free, and that reminds me more of folky jazzy prog rock.   come to think of it, that song reminds me of alice babs' been to canaan tho that's more vocal jazz than anything.