fav Paul C. joints...

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Wondering what Paul C. productions everybodys feeling...I got a handful of 'em and they're going for some serious jack on ebay, so what's the essential Paul C. joints?

Comments

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Heartbeat brothers "time to get paid"

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

No Paul C. fans?

• Paul C. was that Irish guy who crafted the SP sounds for Ultramagnetic Right?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Kev E Kev & Ak B - Keep on Doin

btw... if anyone has a copy for sale or trade, please contact me ASAP

Kev E Kev & Ak B - Keep on Doin

btw... if anyone has a copy for sale or trade, please contact me ASAP
    Yeah, I want that one too, there is a repress of "listen to the man" on ebay right now!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Freak L--"When the Pen Hits the Paper" b/w "Line for Line" One of my all-time favorite 12s.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "give the drummer some"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    "Run For Cover"

"Run For Cover"

Major (For "Give the Drummer Some" as well)

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    do the james
    girls i got em locked

• soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts
    as in the eric b and rakim song? i heard he did some ghost work for them but i thought it was on Follow the Leader, not Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em. Please to confirm?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    "i got a good thing (rmx)", "do the james", "let the rythm hit'em", what he did on Organized K demo including "releasing hypnotical gas" then ANYTHING Large Pro did (which was an extension of Paul C previous digging efforts)...

• awallawall 673 Posts
    mikey d & the LA posse - "takin' no shorts"
    sport g and mastermind - "live"
    the stuff on the organized konfusion demo tape

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gets No Deeper - Remix

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    360 'Pelon'

Lots of the Ultramagnetic stuff... and the Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud stuff...

the Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud stuff...

This pretty much goes without saying.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    "Run For Cover"

Major (For "Give the Drummer Some" as well)

prolly the best

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    things people said: do the james, pelon, etc

did he produce "brain food" too? that shit is retarded

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    think he was murdered no?

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    i got that listen to the man 12", FUNKEEE!

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    "Run For Cover"

the intro still gives me that "oh shhiiiittttt" feelin. that dave tompkins piece was great(big daddy is missed). i always wanted to know more about him when i was a kid...rip.

"Run For Cover"

the intro still gives me that "oh shhiiiittttt" feelin. that dave tompkins piece was great(big daddy is missed). i always wanted to know more about him when i was a kid...rip.

Yeah, imagine how the careers of artists affiliated with Paul C. and early 90's hip hop in general would have changed (for the better) if he wasn't murdered...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    there should be a compilation with extensive liner notes for Paul.

As for faves - "Run For Cover" & "Give The Drummer Some"

Large Pro may be my favorite of all time too. I never made the connection with his Paul Sea publishing company.

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    think he was murdered no?

He was murdered, and in a really tragic way. It is believed
    that it was a case of mistaken identity but it's also said it
    happened on his property when some dudes gunned him
    down at his house. . .so maybe not.

He also was an Irish guy married to Black girl so there
    could have some racially motived shit and that's a
    whole other possibility. . .

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    he was also shot once through the hand which was probably a defensive injury. Anyone that can get that close to someone in their own house was probably an acquaintence. enough speculation tho. especially on the internet.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

360 - Years To Build
    MC Outloud - Clean & Sober/I'll Put A Hurtin (insane record & one of my favourites ever)
    Eric B & Rakim - Let the Rhythm Hit Em (LP version)

the intro to Stezos Its My Turn

wasnt there a piece on Americas Most Wanted about his murder aswell? Anyone ever seen it?

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Wondering what Paul C. productions everybodys feeling...I got a handful of 'em and they're going for some serious jack on ebay, so what's the essential Paul C. joints?

Eric B & Rakim "In The Ghetto"

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    The STP demo would have any Organized Konfusion fan making fudge pudge in his pants.
    The STP demo would have any Organized Konfusion fan making fudge pudge in his pants.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    He also was an Irish guy

Like from Ireland, or just Irish American?