Where the fuck can I find good cheap clothes?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
ok vso I put up a thread a few weeks back about getting plain solid color t-shirts that are either 50/50 or 60/40 cotton poly. Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt. Also been trying to find some clothes that are more work appropriete and every damn store I go to got shirts that are like $40 or more. Now I'm down to look nice and shit but I ain't down to empty my pockets completely to do so.I wanna know how you ballers on a budget do your thing. Also wanna know where I can get some plain t-shirts that ain't gonna cost me a jackson.thanks thnaks in advance

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    wal mart

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wal mart

dude I'm rocking a plain gray from wal-mart, but I ain't trying to shop there anymore. Feel like I'm fucking up America by doing so

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LA CLOTHES STORES WILL MAKE YOU PAY b/w WILL STILL TALKE YOUR MONEY

go to Target I mean Tarjay

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ok vso I put up a thread a few weeks back about getting plain solid color t-shirts that are either 50/50 or 60/40 cotton poly. Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt. Also been trying to find some clothes that are more work appropriete and every damn store I go to got shirts that are like $40 or more. Now I'm down to look nice and shit but I ain't down to empty my pockets completely to do so.

I wanna know how you ballers on a budget do your thing. Also wanna know where I can get some plain t-shirts that ain't gonna cost me a jackson.

<s>thanks</s> thnaks in advance

Do y'all have Marshalls on the West Coast.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yup that and Ross and T.J. Maxx

saying, good work pants at Costco Guzzo, get yourself a membership

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    we've got a dope shop right down town here.. chocky's ... 5.99 for fruit of the loom / hanes plain t-shirts

cheap socks like crazy.

i hate to say it but there is no such thing as a decent pair of pants that'll look good at work that costs less than $40

unless you get it at winners / tj maxx type clearance zone,

• Options
    Steve and Barry's Collegiate Activewear, or something like that. Found in third-rate malls across the country, and no clothing is more than 10 dollars.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    ok vso I put up a thread a few weeks back about getting plain solid color t-shirts that are either 50/50 or 60/40 cotton poly. Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt. Also been trying to find some clothes that are more work appropriete and every damn store I go to got shirts that are like $40 or more. Now I'm down to look nice and shit but I ain't down to empty my pockets completely to do so.

I wanna know how you ballers on a budget do your thing. Also wanna know where I can get some plain t-shirts that ain't gonna cost me a jackson.

thanks thnaks in advance

Do y'all have Marshalls on the West Coast.

I was a big fan of Marshalls back when I lived in New England, but the chain sucks here in Maryland by comparison.

Personally, I have better luck finding a good shirt at thrift stores than any of the chains. Wal Mart comes the closest, but I agree with folks about not shopping there on principle. The closest you can get to their type of cheap/dope/simple goods is like Sears or something.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    T.J. Max is dope... Yo you could get a nice random fit there...flip yo styles son JNCO(we need a glow stick icon)...jsut kiddin TJ max is good threads cheap...also find the spot that sell to cops and firemen and other trades you can come up on Dickies and Carhartt cheap at those spots

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    ok vso I put up a thread a few weeks back about getting plain solid color t-shirts that are either 50/50 or 60/40 cotton poly. Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt. Also been trying to find some clothes that are more work appropriete and every damn store I go to got shirts that are like $40 or more. Now I'm down to look nice and shit but I ain't down to empty my pockets completely to do so

well if you are just looking for solid tees, i get all mines for printing on at Twisted Toad. they do single qty orders and even their American Apparel shirts are considerably cheper than buying at the physical shop.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    On the real, Express for Men has been doing it real big for my work clothes lately. They've got like $20 polos and some rather nice, summery $20 button down shirt jawnss. Holler at that shit, dude. That store is on some super corporate shit too (which means they probably have the same prices and/or sales all across the US). Sayin'.

My new T-Shirt come up is $4 t-shirts at Michael's (the art's and crafts store). I've just been copping these solid color T's so I can make T-shirts that proclaim my Juelz Santana love (see below), but $4 for a T aint bad and theyve got hella colors and they're not the super-baggy, low quality jawns you get at footlocker.

-e

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    On the real, Express for Men has been doing it real big for my work clothes lately. They've got like $20 polos and some rather nice, summery $20 button down shirt jawnss. Holler at that shit, dude. That store is on some super corporate shit too (which means they probably have the same prices and/or sales all across the US). Sayin'.

My new T-Shirt come up is $4 t-shirts at Michael's (the art's and crafts store). I've just been copping these solid color T's so I can make T-shirts that proclaim my Juelz Santana love (see below), but $4 for a T aint bad and theyve got hella colors and they're not the super-baggy, low quality jawns you get at footlocker.

-e
    DAMN RELISH! the "don't watch me watch T.V." shirt is ill....I need to cop one and go scoop some Bubbles..

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    My new T-Shirt come up is $4 t-shirts at Michael's (the art's and crafts store).
    Do they have XXL? Is that iron on letters? How did you make that "Don't watch me watch Tv"?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt.

Those are the best t-shirts on the market.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

-e

what are you having to drink there?

and are swap meets out of the question for cheap tshirts? south LA got a lot of those "swap malls".

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Yes, XXL is available, yes those are iron-on letters (that look surprisingly good), and yes, that's a cranberry vodka (bottom shelf).

-e

• Folks told me to check out American Apparel and I did but I ain't spending $20 to get a plain green or grey shirt.

Those are the best t-shirts on the market.

not for us dudes that are....umm...."above average" in the weight dept.
    they sure is soft though!!!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    ballers on a budget

This does not make sense.

http://www.tedbaker.co.uk/

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

-e

Best be some Sizurp

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

-e

Best be some Sizurp

hmm. so who's having the drink with a hand coming out of it?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I don't know why a skinny dude like you(no hate, just envy) needs any help finding cheap clothes.

But because I am nice, I will tell you where I get mine. Asian warehouse market in DC, 12 pack of black tees $36. That's $4 a piece if ya buy the pack, $5 apiece.

Might be toughr in LA, doesn't sound like you have a large Asian population around there.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Try and see if anybody has a wholesale link to american apparel. The retail prices are kinda ridiculous for plain t-shirts, but it's the image they sell. I can get their t-shirts for $6 a pop instead of $16, so shop diligently. Unfortunately it's a wholesale link that is not available to the public.

I am a big fan of aa's zip fleece sweaters. Keep in mind their shirts tend to shrink a bit........

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

thanks thnaks in advance

next time you do BP show, roll down beach a few more block & you will see a indoor swap meet on the right hand corner, i foget the name of the street, look for all the flags, in there you will find 3 for 10$ or 12$, most colors... that is all carry on...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    just get the american apparel wholesale catalogue.. prices are cheap.. and there used to be no mimimum order (not sure if that's changed now)

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    The retail prices are kinda ridiculous for plain t-shirts, but it's the image they sell

Dont be fooled. Ive known many people who've worked there, and they are not cool to their employees. They fire people randomly, won't allow the factory workers to form a union and are just not the company they claim to be. (Also, there shit is very inconsistent, almost every other garment has a stitching problem or something.) There are a group of high level ex employees who are meeting to expose Dov Charney.

They are probably no worse than any other company but when your whole image is based on how good they are to their employees and it tunrs out that they're not, I say thats fucked and they should be exposed.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    just get the american apparel wholesale catalogue.. prices are cheap.. and there used to be no mimimum order (not sure if that's changed now)

american apparal have decent prices but the shit is ass... every clothing co. now uses em, they all shrink & are thin as fuck... they used to have hot catalog models back in the day though...

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Champs has plain colored tees and long sleeves that are usually round 10 bones and sometimes sales bring them to 2 for 10.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't know why a skinny dude like you(no hate, just envy) needs any help finding cheap clothes.

haha, its funny cause I always here about larger dudes complaining about never finding clothes but I always see XL-XXXL at damn near every store I go yo. It's the mediums that seem to be few and far between.

Thanks for all the recomendations from everyone and keep 'em coming if you got more.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    The retail prices are kinda ridiculous for plain t-shirts, but it's the image they sell

Dont be fooled. Ive known many people who've worked there, and they are not cool to their employees. They fire people randomly, won't allow the factory workers to form a union and are just not the company they claim to be. (Also, there shit is very inconsistent, almost every other garment has a stitching problem or something.) There are a group of high level ex employees who are meeting to expose Dov Charney.

They are probably no worse than any other company but when your whole image is based on how good they are to their employees and it tunrs out that they're not, I say thats fucked and they should be exposed.

that's sad.

american apparal have decent prices but the shit is ass... every clothing co. now uses em, they all shrink & are thin as fuck... they used to have hot catalog models back in the day though...

imma sucker though