Any Dredknotz "Fans" (mp3s enclosed related)

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I guess fan is a strong word for a group that only had a single and a sampler to their name. Well that along with a couple mentions on the Pete Nice solo album. They were a group being "put on" by DJ Daddy Rich of Third Bass fame. The year was '94 and the production was gritty and, for lack of better word, "playful" at the same time.Most of what I have was from a radio sampler. They also edit all his gun references and he raps a lot about guns. Actually, someone once suggested that his heavy mentioned of armed weapons was related to his "day job". Apparently (I have no proof just something I heard from someone somewhat closely related to the situation) he went to jail for Gun Trafficing and that is why we never saw an album. Well, then again it was a major label so it's possible we never would have saw the album anyway. Not sure if they finished the album or how many cuts they ever completed. If anyone has info or more cuts/demos please share:Here's all I ever heard from those guys:http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ukgyyThe file contains;causin a menacecausin a menace remixcausin a menace instrumentalthe anthemthe anthem remixthe anthem instrumental concentrationrespectENJOY!

Comments

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Thanks, I'm a "fan."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks for sharing this i liked the "Causin' A Menace" single back in the days.

Who was the producer behind these tracks? i noticed one of them(the remix)was done by Lord Digga,i always liked his remix for ODB's - "Brooklyn Zoo" thats another dude that should've dropped more than just a single.

• I'm a fan too. Dude did go to jail for guns..thanks for the mp3s

• djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
    Who was the producer behind these tracks? i noticed one of them(the remix)was done by Lord Digga,i always liked his remix for ODB's - "Brooklyn Zoo" thats another dude that should've dropped more than just a single.

the production credits are a lil "weird". On the jacket it has

+produced by Big Ezo and Richie Rich

* Produced by Richie Rich & Big Ezo

Basically just the names reversed. Plus I don't know how that applies to the remixes of both tracks (Causin A Menace and The Anthem). Then I know I somehow "know" that Lord Digga did one of the remixes but I don't see that listed on the vinyl or the cover.

As for "Concerntation" and "Respect" there is no credits on that sampler, but I would assume Big Ezo and Richie Rich or if you prefer, Richie Rich & Big Ezo...ha

Basically just the names reversed. Plus I don't know how that applies to the remixes of both tracks (Causin A Menace and The Anthem). Then I know I somehow "know" that Lord Digga did one of the remixes but I don't see that listed on the vinyl or the cover.

As for "Concerntation" and "Respect" there is no credits on that sampler, but I would assume Big Ezo and Richie Rich or if you prefer, Richie Rich & Big Ezo...ha

Thanks for the info that "Concentration" track is straight

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    still got my doubles...
    Eric V used to cut this up back when it came out.

yeah, "concentrate" is probably my favorite too...

still got my doubles...

Eric V as in Vaughn? The guy who rapped on "Phunky As Phuck" with Def Jef? I didnt know much about him as a DJ and have wondered what else he did; where he DJed, if he rapped anywhere else, etc....

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

yeah, "concentrate" is probably my favorite too...

got a few copies of this...one courtesy of nikoless.

always liked this track.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    still got my doubles...

Eric V as in Vaughn? The guy who rapped on "Phunky As Phuck" with Def Jef? I didnt know much about him as a DJ and have wondered what else he did; where he DJed, if he rapped anywhere else, etc....

No eric v from the Baka Boyz