Best rapper acting in a movie

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    LL in Krush Groove: "BOX!"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Worst =

Snoop in the Starsky and Hutch remake[/b]

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Del in Who's the Man. (hilarious 10 second cameo during lame chase scene)

There were tons of cameos in that one. LONS pull up smoking blunts in the GEO tracker, that shit is hilarious. Remember how popular Geo Trackers were? And the Suzuki Samurai? OOF.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ice T - Colors

and

• Del in Who's the Man. (hilarious 10 second cameo during lame chase scene)

There were tons of cameos in that one. LONS pull up smoking blunts in the GEO tracker, that shit is hilarious. Remember how popular Geo Trackers were? And the Suzuki Samurai? OOF.

Hey, that was an interesting trend....what about MPV's? Now that was THE trend...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Ice T - Colors

Ice T was in Colors?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Ice T - Colors

Ice T was in Colors?

you mean Ice T in Breakin perhaps? or new jack city? or whatever the hell else he's been in?

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts

Ice T - Colors

and

Mos was good in that HBO film. Something the Lord Made or something.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Melle Mel rhyming over the "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More" beat in the sixth (?) Police Academy movie. And who could forget...

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Melle Mel rhyming over the "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More" beat in the sixth (?) Police Academy movie. And who could forget...

I was just looking for my copy of Cool as Ice this morning (for some weird god-damned morning related reason) ... and NOT finding it. And that's my second copy, mind you. I know that the first one was stolen. This one? Well, lets just say I will never trust any of my friends again. EVER!

I mean ... it's that good.

The huge salt and pepper shakers? "When you gonna drop the zero and get with the hero?" A jacket that says Yep Yep ... twice!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    cam in paid in full is probably one of my favorites along with pac in juice and cube in boys in the hood. how did cam's acting fall off so hard with killa season? im suprised more people than me have seen survival of the illest

• autezautez 404 Posts
    ice cube in friday

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Oh man, do I love this movie. True comedy classic for real.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I was just looking for my copy of Cool as Ice this morning (for some weird god-damned morning related reason) ... and NOT finding it. And that's my second copy, mind you. I know that the first one was stolen. This one? Well, lets just say I will never trust any of my friends again. EVER!

The huge salt and pepper shakers? "When you gonna drop the zero and get with the hero?" A jacket that says Yep Yep ... twice!!!!

My mom bought me the Cool As Ice soundtrack on cassette back in the day. I don't think I ever listened to it. Never saw the movie but tried to add it to my Netflix queue only to find it's never been released on DVD.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

My mom bought me the Cool As Ice soundtrack on cassette back in the day. I don't think I ever listened to it. Never saw the movie but tried to add it to my Netflix queue only to find it's never been released on DVD.

Yeah I don't know about that soundtrack ... "uhhh .. thanks Mom", but the movie is incredibly funny ... and it's more than just a "ha ha there's Vanilla Ice in a movie" kind of funny. Well, not that much "more" but, nevertheless it's well worth a viewing.

And, no, this thing never did quite make it to DVD. In fact, I don't think it was ever distributed for retail sale in any format (VHS for rental only). No ... Hollywood didn't exactly get behind this one.

By the way, I found my copy. I can go back to trusting my friends now.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

For serious. RZA is hilarious. He should star in the new Wes Anderson movie.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

this was not entertaining, good, or funny. it seemed much more like a gimmik than anything else.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ice T - Colors

Ice T was in Colors?

no it was a bad joke.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

this was not entertaining, good, or funny. it seemed much more like a gimmik than anything else.

this is true

also pac in juice or gridlock'd. ice-t has best rapper-turned-actor on lock though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Well he had better be good in that shit, in order to make up for that shit he did in "16 Block."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i cant stand mos def (rapping or acting)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    16 blocks =

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Snoop in Training Day

wasn't that dr. dre?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    RAMELZEE IN STRANGER THAN PARIDISE

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Snoop in Training Day

wasn't that dr. dre?

Snoop basically played himself in a wheelchair. Remember the scene where they chase the dealer into the Korean shop. Denzel puts a pen down Snoops throat to make him cough up the crack.
    Dre played himself as one of Denzel's dirty cop boys.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Dre couldn't stop moving his hands as he delivered his lines as if he was on a video shoot.

I would like to see more actors try this for comedic effect.

• busta was nice in NARC...

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    CUBE In "Are we there yet."

I mean look...That dude can act...Remember the Jerri Curled Dough boy? He totally flipped the scripped when he played the role of wanna be step dad in the feel good family friendly flick...Now I know it wasn't a great movie however Cube pulled the charcter off well...