version ?: Cameo - Rigor Mortis

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
allrighty, I've had a version of this on MP3 for a little bit, and I recently copped the 12" of this on chocolate city (single sided w/ "Find My Way"). I was recording my 12" so I can have a MP3 at a higher bitrate for playing out, but noticed that the intro is different. On my digital version, there is a vocal right after the drums ("I don't see why you won't groove...") and before the "yeow!" that leads into the grooveon my 12" it goes straight into the "yeow!"/groove after the drum intro with no vox. The thing that perplexed me is that both versions are the same length (6:14), so I assumed that the vinyl was the same version as my digital. Not a big deal in the scheme of things but curious if anyone can shed a little light on these different versions. Thanks!

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Sorry I can't help you with this mystery, but I just feel the need to add that that single sided 12" version of 'rigor mortis' is a dancefloor slayer of the highest order.

• Sorry I can't help you with this mystery, but I just feel the need to add that that single sided 12" version of 'rigor mortis' is a dancefloor slayer of the highest order.

that's why I needed it in my life. and after recording it, the 12" version is a another victim of time mislabeling. It's actually shorter, about the same length as the extra vocals in my digital version. So it sounds like they edited it out for that one.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't know why they would do two separate one-sided 12s, but I feel almost certain mine has two versions of Rigor Mortis, short and long - but the short one was way short - like a 45 mix or summin

• I don't know why they would do two separate one-sided 12s, but I feel almost certain mine has two versions of Rigor Mortis, short and long - but the short one was way short - like a 45 mix or summin

hmmm, I know there is a 45 with a mono mix and a stereo mix which is also not common

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah... so in theory there's up to 4 mixes. the mono and stero 45 mixes, the album mix and the promo 12" mix. There was also an edit that came out recently on one of those ocotpus breaks 12's. I bought it thinking it would be killer, but to be honest, I'm gonna stick with the promo 12" mix for gigs. I think it's much better.

• anyone feelin like uppin this ?

• anyone feelin like uppin this ?

rigor mortis.mp3 - 8.59MB