NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

1545556575860»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How the hell does Lebron shoot 80% on three pointers while falling backwards/down, and only shoot 70% from the Free Throw line??

• Where will Flip be next year?

• Well, here we go. I can't in my right mind pick the Spurs to lose but I'll be rooting for the Cavs. Like I said prior, I think they can get at least two games.

• O'Neal > Camby

My boy Blocks shots as well and scores in the low post. Camby is a great defensive dude but u cant ask him to be the second option on offense behind K.O.B.E. Jermaine would give L.A. a true Post Threat.

it would be both.

odom + bynum for o'neal and kwame + picks for camby. denver would only trade camby for business reasons as part of a salary dump, so obvioulsy they're not looking to get equal talent back. only future pieces. so you're looking at farmar (or whomever they pick up on the FA market)/kobe/walton/o'neal/camby. pretty solid team.

o'neal isn't even coming close to denver. how did that idea come about? they're trying to cut payroll, not add it. remember, they still have kenyon martin on the books. that's why kiki vandeweghe is in ESPN studios and not running the nuggets.

from LA's perspective it's great. an instant frontcourt. they give up on the idea of bynum becoming a stud in the future but end up getting back two proven guys who are ready to compete now. odom is fine and everything but he's just not the player kobe needs. why indiana would trade for odom when they already have dunleavy on the books for all that money is anybody's guess ....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Lakers are also having talks with Marcus Camby. I would much rather see him in a Laker uniform than O'neal actually.

Please be serious.

Nene is garbage yo.

you're playing yourself.

Haha. No shit. Nene is a solid young player. Injuries are what have held him back. Super strong and explosive. No ayo muhfucks.

Yeah he came back stronger and more impressive than anybody imagined after his microfracture knee surgery. Then he slimmed down, got quicker, stronger, and developed his inside game pretty damn nicely. He's going to be damn near impossible to stop in the paint next year, teams already know and are already scared of him. Heads will learn.

as far as Jermaine in the mix for Denver, that looks mighty nice, but isn't he just as expensive as Camby?

Almost $10M more, actually--no way is that deal happening.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Lakers are also having talks with Marcus Camby. I would much rather see him in a Laker uniform than O'neal actually.

Please be serious.

Actually, in this case I am guilty of "impressions" rather than careful analysis.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I kneel to The King. Congradulations Cavs. Im happy for u. EAST COAST.

Ps. marv albert said it was " the extraordinary play of Lebron James" last night.

After we discuss the Pistons implosion pleez move to the Finals thread.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Go Cavs!

Anyhow, Steve Kerr will be named the Suns GM. It's going to be an interesting year for the Suns no doubt.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I think cats sleep on J O'Neal. Big fan of his game. Wish the Mavs would try to get him. He's gotta be one of the top 10 offensive post players in the L right now.

Jermaine's career fg% is around .460 ....That's terrible for an eastern conference big man.

He was around .430 this year ...That would put him near the bottom among all starting centers

not to mention his questionable passing.

But he's a better fit for the Lakers than Camby.

Camby is the shit ...but Jermaine is a perfect fit for The Lakers.......Fuck Bynum....Kareem has the kid too soft...This dude looks like Oliwakandi to me........another Kareem project.......Tissue.

Congrats to Cleveland......somehow a Rookie shot 15 free throws yesterday.....Varejao is pitiful....Lebron isn't near Kobe or Dwayne....Chauncey smiles too much......Tayshaun and Rip need to start lifting weights....Flip is retarded.

I think cats sleep on J O'Neal. Big fan of his game. Wish the Mavs would try to get him. He's gotta be one of the top 10 offensive post players in the L right now.

Jermaine's career fg% is around .460 ....That's terrible for an eastern conference big man.
    He was around .430 this year ...That would put him near the bottom among all starting centers
    Camby is the shit ...but Jermaine is a perfect fit for The Lakers.......Fuck Bynum....Kareem has the kid too soft...This dude looks like Oliwakandi to me........another Kareem project.......Tissue.

O'Neal is a PF and doesnt like to play Center.

Farmer/Parker - PG
    K.O.B.E. - SG
    Evans/Walton - SF
    O'Neal - PF
    Brown/Cook - C

Does his "questionable passing" amount to a high turnover rate?
    And what is his rank amongst other East Coast PF (turnovers).

O'Neal doesnt like to play Center.

Boo Hoo

Does his "questionable passing" amount to a high turnover rate?

A dumb decision is just as bad as a turnover.....

And what is his rank amongst other East Coast PF (turnovers).

I still don't buy this PF garbage.....The tallest man on the court is the Center dammit !!

I still don't buy this PF garbage.....The tallest man on the court is the Center dammit !!

Tell this to Tim Duncan/K.G./Rasheed.

Congrats to Cleveland......somehow a Rookie shot 15 free throws yesterday.....Varejao is pitiful....Lebron isn't near Kobe or Dwayne....Chauncey smiles too much......Tayshaun and Rip need to start lifting weights....Flip is retarded.

LOL Hilarious.

hey Ed, but weren't you saying Bynum was the future a while back?

All you dudes suddenly on Lebron's dick can ease back for a second. Gibson.....somebody tell me the game summary.........GIBSON.

b/w

That's the "impression" I got of Jermaine O'neal. Those numbers are far from impressive. We don't need "good" players, we need potentially "great".

Ps. marv albert said it was " the extraordinary play of Lebron James" last night.

Again?! Once again, I strongly emphasize that his ass was proclaiming "One of the greatest playoff performances of all time" after the end of regulation in game 5.

His time is up dude.

Nene is garbage yo.

I'd give 10 Kwame's for one Nene.

I'd give 10 Dirks for one Kandi Man.

That's the "impression" I got of Jermaine O'neal. Those numbers are far from impressive. We don't need "good" players, we need potentially "great".

Well, your not gonna cop K.G. or Garnett. O'Neal is better than good but he's not great.
    Dude the Pacers were contenders before the brawl and O'Neal's game hasnt dropped off that much.
    Former All-Star as well. Im a Pacers fan - I know what he beez about.

There arent even 10 "great" big men in the L anyway. Even though LeBron is almost a "bigman".

Well, your not gonna cop K.G. or Garnett. O'Neal is better than good but he's not great.
    Dude the Pacers were contenders before the brawl and O'Neal's game hasnt dropped off that much.

There arent even 10 "great" big men in the L anyway. Even though LeBron is almost a "bigman".

Just saying. They were contenders that were dominated by the Lakers in the Finals.
    Doesn't that say something about the competition in the East at the time.

I agree that there just aren't many "great" players and great teams for that matter in the league anyway. The West is still tough though.

Just saying. They were contenders that were dominated by the Lakers in the Finals.

I agree that there just aren't many "great" players and great teams for that matter in the league anyway. The West is still tough though.

O'Neal wasnt on that 2000 squad that went to the Finals.

The Pacers were clearly the underdogs and after they lost the first two games of the series there were predictions of a sweep. Indiana came back in Game 3 and won Game 5 by a wide margin, but it wasn't enough. Los Angeles wrapped it up in Game 6.

Dude, that is not an indictment of J.O.--he was still on the bench in Portland.

O'Neal wasnt on that 2000 squad that went to the Finals.

The Pacers were clearly the underdogs and after they lost the first two games of the series there were predictions of a sweep. Indiana came back in Game 3 and won Game 5 by a wide margin, but it wasn't enough. Los Angeles wrapped it up in Game 6.

I will keep my mouf shut about J. O'neal. I did have the slight inkling that he wasn't on that squad.

hey Ed, but weren't you saying Bynum was the future a while back?

no

• 20/14/8 while being trapped most of the game. Someone is supposed to go off when they're all focused on James. He did his thing.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

odom + bynum for o'neal and kwame + picks for camby. denver would only trade camby for business reasons as part of a salary dump, so obvioulsy they're not looking to get equal talent back. only future pieces. so you're looking at farmar (or whomever they pick up on the FA market)/kobe/walton/o'neal/camby. pretty solid team.

well, that's not entirely true- they would be looking for equal "talent" but not necessarily in one player. i really don't think they'd get rid of Camby right now though, it just wouldn't make sense the more i think about it. the idea with picking up iverson was that he only has a couple years left to give toward winning a championship so it has to happen soon. camby is in the same situation. if they get rid of him now, they might as well get rid of iverson and rebuild yet again over the course of the next 3-4 years. if they get rid of camby and don't pick up a veteran player who can lead the team defensively, they have even less of a chance of getting a ring next year. Kroenke would be out of his damn mind to try to save money right now. he knew what he was getting into when he got iverson last year and to go running back with his tail between his legs because he doesn't want to pay the luxery tax would certainly ruin it for a lot of fans, and not only that, but Carmelo is at the point where he needs a solid team to work with if he's goign to lead anybody to success, not 4 new players every 8 months.

Kwame Brown would be a step backwards for Denver, he is not going to fill Camby's shoes, so I doubt anybody in Denver will be stupid enough to try to make that move. And as I stated above we either need to make moves to improve NOW or make no moves and take what we have and build a winning team. Trading for picks is out of the question at this point. Unless we strip down to Nene/Melo and rebuild from there, which is a terrible idea. We stick with Nene/Melo/Camby/AI and pick up a shooter and another strong defender off the bench and go at it strong in 07-08. If it doesn't work out, then maybe think about stripping down and rebuilding. Iverson hasn't even had a full season with us yet.

O'neal to denver was just some lazy pipe dream i threw out there for kicks...

O'neal/Kobe/Camby would be fuckin' nuts though. Kobe with the 2 best shot blockers in the league?

But I doubt that will happen.