Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm not gonna count out the Lebrons just yet though

please be serious.

please be serious.

• I'm not gonna count out the Lebrons just yet though

please be serious.

please be serious.

You still got Webber takin down the hardware?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm not gonna count out the Lebrons just yet though

please be serious.

please be serious.

You still got Webber takin down the hardware?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If you take Kobe off the Lakers and Lebron off the Cavs, who has the better squad???

The Lakers - When Odom is on, he valuable. The Lakers bench > Cavs bench.

There is no reliable 2nd scorer on the Cavs. They need Lebron to play out of his head for them to win.

Larry Hughes = Smush Parker at this point.

But this doesnt really determine Kobe vs Lebron, IMO.

Jackson > Brown in the coaching dept.

The East has been going thru some power shifts recently and the Cavs have capitalized.
    The West has gotten tighter and the Lakers werent able to keep up w/ the joneses.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Seriously--what happened to dude?

Injuries & shattered confidence after his brother passed. Dude was good in Washington.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Injuries & shattered confidence after his brother passed. Dude was good in Washington.

Yeah, I remember Washington--I'd forgotten about the injuries.

• Larry Hughes = Smush Parker at this point.

well looking at it objectively the story of his career has been injuries and playing well short of his potential. he put together one outstanding season in washington which earned him a contract but the way he's playing now is the rule, not the exception (this isnt 20/20 hindsight, either - i knew right away that his contract was a huge mistake). danny ferry's first offseason as a GM was a disaster. not saying i could do all that much better but the guy blew his wad in a shitty free agent class - they had no chance at getting either ray allen or michael redd, balked on eddy curry (which might have been their best bet .. lebron with a player who commands double teams in the post would be ridiculous), panicked and threw $100M at zydrunas and larry hughes. about the best he did was not bidding for bobby simmons.

Compare Kobe and Bron's stat lines in the post-Shaq era. Who's won more? Lebron's scoring average is right there w/ Bryant and his complete line is probably, well, more complete.

[yuichi]Actually, Kobe has averaged 4 or more ppg than Lebron over the past two seasons[/yuichi]

That's not "right there"? What something like 30 vs. 26?

No, it's definitely not--not when you're talking about every night.

I view it differently. 25-30 range and you're beasting regardless. 30+ is the next stratum. Throw in Bron's boards and dimes and then what?

Then u add the ALL Defensive team selections to the mix.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you take Kobe off the Lakers and Lebron off the Cavs, who has the better squad???

The Lakers - When Odom is on, he valuable. The Lakers bench > Cavs bench.

There is no reliable 2nd scorer on the Cavs. They need Lebron to play out of his head for them to win.

But this doesnt really determine Kobe vs Lebron, IMO.

Jackson > Brown in the coaching dept.

The East has been going thru some power shifts recently and the Cavs have capitalized.
    The West has gotten tighter and the Lakers werent able to keep up w/ the joneses.

The Lakers at the beginning of last season and end of the season are two different teams. So yea, you can't make that Kobe/Lebron comparison.

Aside from Detroit and Cleveland, there was no one even close in the East. I mean for Lebron, his team virtually had a first round bye. And then in the second round, they faced the daunting New Jersey Nets.

While the Lakers faced Phoenix and most likely San Antonio in the second round. Not an easy task by any means.

Are u ready to give up Bynum/Odom for O'Neal?

Place a #7 there instead.

• The point of some of my prior posts is not to bash Kobe, but to counter some of the "Lebron ain't done much" talk. He's been puttin it down since day one, end of story. Shit's just gonna get better. That's why Thursday night was so exciting...to see a player you KNOW is going to be great make a first step to greatness. I'm sure Yuichi could list several similar moments in Kobe's career.

Anyway, pretty excited for tonight's game. Who y'all got? I'm w/ the Chuckster: Detroit is toast.

Enjoy!

The point of some of my prior posts is not to bash Kobe, but to counter some of the "Lebron ain't done much" talk.

Who said this?

One of the knocks was he was defering to his wack teammates too much and he lacked the killer instinct.
    He broke that mold w/ that performance. U cant say he plays like that all the time and doesnt want to be a st8 ball hog all the time. He learned to do it when its needed.

Anyway, pretty excited for tonight's game. Who y'all got? I'm w/ the Chuckster: Detroit is toast.

U think Lebron is gonna do the same thing?

• Anyway, pretty excited for tonight's game. Who y'all got? I'm w/ the Chuckster: Detroit is toast.

U think Lebron is gonna do the same thing?

Not at all. But they won't win unless he does something "Lebron" so he should be alright.

I'm sure the other Lebrons will play much better at home in Cleveland.

Place a #7 there instead.

Bynum = "gonna be GREAT" in like what 5 years? maybe?

Odom = good but unorthodox. He's more inclined to the perimeter than getting low post position.

O'neal = haven't seen enough of him, but questionable.

Lakers are also having talks with Marcus Camby. I would much rather see him in a Laker uniform than O'neal actually.

Odom = good but unorthodox. He's more inclined to the perimeter than getting low post position.

Lakers are also having talks with Marcus Camby. I would much rather see him in a Laker uniform than O'neal actually.

O'Neal > Camby

My boy Blocks shots as well and scores in the low post. Camby is a great defensive dude but u cant ask him to be the second option on offense behind K.O.B.E. Jermaine would give L.A. a true Post Threat.

• I think cats sleep on J O'Neal. Big fan of his game. Wish the Mavs would try to get him. He's gotta be one of the top 10 offensive post players in the L right now.

O'Neal > Camby

My boy Blocks shots as well and scores in the low post. Camby is a great defensive dude but u cant ask him to be the second option on offense behind K.O.B.E. Jermaine would give L.A. a true Post Threat.

Alright if you say so, I'll take your word. Change is good though. I'm tired of seeing the Lakers these past few years with moments of brilliance. 22 and 23 year olds ain't gonna cut it. Unless you're LBJ ofcourse.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah the Camby talk is the biggest thing around here these days. So many reasons to keep him, so many reasons to trade him. All I know is that if they get rid of him for a shooter and some draft picks, we're fucked. We have to pick up a defender - preferably a veteran one - if we lose him. The only guy on our team close to his size is Nene who doesn't really defend for shit. Other than that we got perimeter defense but nothing inside, which is scary. Especially if they want to win something. "Defense wins championships" this is true. I imagine they will put some tricky deal together if they do get rid of Marcus, but I don't think anybody has really figured anything out yet. We'll most likely wait to see what kind of options become available. Other players on the block could be JR Smith, Najera, Kleiza, Martin (but nobody will want him due to his contract), and probably Blake. They could potentially rebuild the entire team this summer leaving Melo, AI, and Nene as the foundation. Being in the West, they better recognize the need for some defense. That's all i know.

Yeah the Camby talk is the biggest thing around here these days. So many reasons to keep him, so many reasons to trade him. All I know is that if they get rid of him for a shooter and some draft picks, we're fucked. We have to pick up a defender - preferably a veteran one - if we lose him. The only guy on our team close to his size is Nene who doesn't really defend for shit. Other than that we got perimeter defense but nothing inside, which is scary. Especially if they want to win something. "Defense wins championships" this is true. I imagine they will put some tricky deal together if they do get rid of Marcus, but I don't think anybody has really figured anything out yet. We'll most likely wait to see what kind of options become available. Other players on the block could be JR Smith, Najera, Kleiza, Martin (but nobody will want him due to his contract), and probably Blake. They could potentially rebuild the entire team this summer leaving Melo, AI, and Nene as the foundation. Being in the West, they better recognize the need for some defense. That's all i know.

Nene is garbage yo.

Nene is garbage yo.

O'Neal > Camby

How about O'neal to the Nuggets? Can you break down the good/bad of that?

Nene is garbage yo.

you're playing yourself.

• Nene is garbage yo.

you're playing yourself.

Haha. No shit. Nene is a solid young player. Injuries are what have held him back. Super strong and explosive. No ayo muhfucks.

O'Neal > Camby

How about O'neal to the Nuggets? Can you break down the good/bad of that?

That actually smells better than the Lakers.

The Answer/Blake - PG
    JR Smith - SG
    Melo - SF
    O'Neal - PF
    Nene - Center
    the haff court team

or

The Answer - PG
    JR - SG
    Melo - SF
    Martin - PF
    O'Neal - Center
    the running team

Nene is garbage yo.

you're playing yourself.

Haha. No shit. Nene is a solid young player. Injuries are what have held him back. Super strong and explosive. No ayo muhfucks.

Yeah he came back stronger and more impressive than anybody imagined after his microfracture knee surgery. Then he slimmed down, got quicker, stronger, and developed his inside game pretty damn nicely. He's going to be damn near impossible to stop in the paint next year, teams already know and are already scared of him. Heads will learn.

as far as Jermaine in the mix for Denver, that looks mighty nice, but isn't he just as expensive as Camby? I know part of the reason for thinking about trading him is because we are facing the lux tax and we can probably get more for Camby now than we ever will in the future. I believe this past season was probably the peak of his career. I would love to see Oneal on the Nuggets though, he's one of those players I've always loved to watch but I never get to catch many of his games cuz I live in the West... If they could make it work, I'd take it no question.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nene is garbage yo.

I'd give 10 Kwame's for one Nene.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Houston, Texas stand up!!

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Sheed........

See ya later Joker!

It's just about a wrap.

Daniel Gibson. WTF? Dude was a sophomore last year.