NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The NBA fools you into thinking that the duded are great when all the not as well rounded as they should be.

also, I'd like to add that I don't see deron williams or chris paul as being superstars at all. I'm not fooled by their game at all, I like them for what they are. Neither of them are going to take a team to the finals single handedly, ever.

What player CAN take a team to the finals single handedly???

AI in 2001

Good call.....he did have Dikembe, but yeah, he carried that shit by his lonesome.

Of course, that was probably the year the East was at their weakest and the Bucks team they beat in the East Finals started Glenn Robinson, Scott Williams and Ervin "Not So Magic" Johnson.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You can argue that Fish is slept on and that CP is over-rated and I'll listen, but no way can you credibly argue that CP is so over-rated and Fish so under-rated that Fish--with his whopping lifetime averages of 8.7 points and 3.3 assists--is actually the better player.

Fisher is a good PG in a system where the SG handles the ball alot ala BJ Armstrong.
    He was crucial to those LA championship teams.

But I guarantee you no one's tweaking their Defense to dtop Fisher whereas dudes watch a whole lot of tape to study Chris Paul for thier late night defensive assignment homework.

In the triangle you don't need a true PG. In Utah, Williams is handling the rock a lot, and Booz is in the middle. Fisher can shoot under pressure.........his shots are a work of art.

Call me crazy but I will take an all-purpose grind-it-out hustler over a star with athletic ability any day. Hard to comprehend if you've never really played competitively.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ed,

Chris Paul is probably the correct answer of who would you take at the Point for the next 10 years, if not Williams...

But to say Deron isn't in his class is crazy ass talk.

Williams went for 34 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds yesterday with ONE turnover.

And he's in his second year.

Dude has ice water in his veins and backs down from no one.

You saw what he did to Baron Davis

For the style I like to see a team play I'll take Williams, Don Nelson on the other hand would probably take Paul.

Rock, that last line. That's it.

I'm pretty sure I've made myself clear that I'm beyond that ESPN highlights shit man.
    Livingston got mad potential, I can tell how players move on the court. Faux, if you noticed the subtleties in my descriptions, you would have noticed I never said Paul is a slouch. I said he got game, but he is not an all-purpose player willing to do anything for the team. At least that's the impression I get. It means playing tough D, chasing loose balls, movement without the ball. "Basketball science". It's common sense basketball.

I would take Fisher over Paul in a heart beat.

Yuichi, subtle is exactly what's lacking in some of these proclamations of yours.

And LOL @ "Fisher over Paul in a heartbeat". You can argue that Fish is slept on and that CP is over-rated and I'll listen, but no way can you credibly argue that CP is so over-rated and Fish so under-rated that Fish--with his whopping lifetime averages of 8.7 points and 3.3 assists--is actually the better player. And wasn't this discussion about who you'd take to build your franchise around for the next ten years? Fish won't even be in the League in five years.

Fisher is slept on?? LOLozers. Where were you these past 7 years?! You talking about how many points and assists? That's some fantasy basketball shit man. If numbers don't lie, you might as well pick up Ricky Davis throw him on the Warriors and have some fun.

Fisher is the man. No discussions. End of story.

I know it's nearly impossible, but

I don't think he's slept on at all--that appears to be your argument.

Your perception of him as a top PG--better even than CP--is vastly out of step with that of the general basketball-viewing public. You must therefore think that he's under-rated.

I think what I'm getting from Yuichi is that D Fish is one of those rare Yuichi faves who embodies the soul of the game.

And when's the last time you dropped anything of significance?

You can argue that Fish is slept on and that CP is over-rated and I'll listen, but no way can you credibly argue that CP is so over-rated and Fish so under-rated that Fish--with his whopping lifetime averages of 8.7 points and 3.3 assists--is actually the better player.

Fisher is a good PG in a system where the SG handles the ball alot ala BJ Armstrong.

But I guarantee you no one's tweaking their Defense to dtop Fisher whereas dudes watch a whole lot of tape to study Chris Paul for thier late night defensive assignment homework.

In the triangle you don't need a true PG.

Yuichi, that's what he just said.

Are we to believe then that the Triangle has cost Fish his just due? Has masked his genius from the public? Has buried his light beneath a bushel as it were?

Ah, if only he had had the opportunity to star as a true PG during those lost years in LA...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think what I'm getting from Yuichi is that D Fish is one of those rare Yuichi faves who embodies the soul of the game.

Ya heard? Drop some gemms on us or step off!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

In the triangle you don't need a true PG. In Utah, Williams is handling the rock a lot, and Booz is in the middle. Fisher can shoot under pressure.........his shots are a work of art.

Call me crazy but I will take an all-purpose grind-it-out hustler over a star with athletic ability any day. Hard to comprehend if you've never really played competitively.

No doubt.....

But I'd prefer both....traits, which is hard to come by.

Ed,

Chris Paul is probably the correct answer of who would you take at the Point for the next 10 years, if not Williams...

Williams went for 34 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds yesterday with ONE turnover.

For the style I like to see a team play I'll take Williams, Don Nelson on the other hand would probably take Paul.

I'm pretty sure I've made myself clear that I'm beyond that ESPN highlights shit man.
    Livingston got mad potential, I can tell how players move on the court. Faux, if you noticed the subtleties in my descriptions, you would have noticed I never said Paul is a slouch. I said he got game, but he is not an all-purpose player willing to do anything for the team. At least that's the impression I get. It means playing tough D, chasing loose balls, movement without the ball. "Basketball science". It's common sense basketball.

Yuichi, subtle is exactly what's lacking in some of these proclamations of yours.

And LOL @ "Fisher over Paul in a heartbeat". You can argue that Fish is slept on and that CP is over-rated and I'll listen, but no way can you credibly argue that CP is so over-rated and Fish so under-rated that Fish--with his whopping lifetime averages of 8.7 points and 3.3 assists--is actually the better player. And wasn't this discussion about who you'd take to build your franchise around for the next ten years? Fish won't even be in the League in five years.

Fisher is slept on?? LOLozers. Where were you these past 7 years?! You talking about how many points and assists? That's some fantasy basketball shit man. If numbers don't lie, you might as well pick up Ricky Davis throw him on the Warriors and have some fun.

Your perception of him as a top PG--better even than CP--is vastly out of step with that of the general basketball-viewing public. You must therefore think that he's under-rated.

Don't put words in my mouth. Thank you.

"Vastly out of step with the general basketball-viewing public". hahahaha. I'm fine with that. You can take a poll, I bet they were cheering for the Dubs, Suns, or Nuggets this post-season.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

I can't be blamed for your lack of reading comprehension.

b/w

Take a joke.

b/w

Are wild claims that no one agrees w/ now taken as "things of significance"?

Ed,

"Vastly out of step with the general basketball-viewing public". hahahaha. I'm fine with that. You can take a poll, I bet they were cheering for the Dubs, Suns, or Nuggets this post-season.

Okay, Yuichi, what part of what I typed are you not processing? You're mad that I "put words in your mouth" by suggesting that you view him as under-rated and in the same poast you're expressing contempt for the general basketball-viewing public for apparently not giving guys like Fish their just due and being distracted by flash. Which is it?

Ed,

Okay, Yuichi, what part of what I typed are you not processing? You're mad that I "put words in your mouth" by suggesting that you view him as under-rated and in the same poast you're expressing contempt for the general basketball-viewing public for apparently not giving guys like Fish their just due and being distracted by flash. Which is it?

With due respect, I think this is the rare instance where your lawyer instincts are not paying dividends. I still like you though. I feel like my vocabulary has expanded on the Strut. For real.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The NBA fools you into thinking that the duded are great when all the not as well rounded as they should be.

also, I'd like to add that I don't see deron williams or chris paul as being superstars at all. I'm not fooled by their game at all, I like them for what they are. Neither of them are going to take a team to the finals single handedly, ever.

What player CAN take a team to the finals single handedly???

i didn't mean that quite so literally, because obviously, no one player in todays game can. i'm just saying i don't think the NBA has fooled me into believing how good or bad either player is. they're both good point guards who still have everything to prove. deron is certainly more in the position to do so right now than chris paul.

yeah i didn't see you saying shit about the jazz or the spurs until they both advanced to the conference finals...

i love the idea that being a real fan involves playing competitively, routing for the teams most likely to win, and ignoring statistics. you take all the fun out of enjoying the game. must be a tough life for a baller such as yourself!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yeah i didn't see you saying shit about the jazz or the spurs until they both advanced to the conference finals...

i love the idea that being a real fan involves playing competitively, routing for the teams most likely to win, and ignoring statistics. you take all the fun out of enjoying the game. must be a tough life for a baller such as yourself!

He did mention Deron during the Regular Season.

ok, still doesn't negate my argument. i talked about deron williams too, he's a good young player. yuichi wasn't talkin' about the jazz are gonna win it all, the suns can't beat the spurs, the nuggets won't make it, etc. (even I said the nuggets won't make it). If he was, I apologize, I must have missed it. As far as I know, that stuff only came out when it was obviously happening. i'm just sayin', dude's science skills are falling off. you gotta make these bold predictions and claims ahead of time. not during the 4th quarter of the close out game of the series.

ok, still doesn't negate my argument. i talked about deron williams too, he's a good young player. yuichi wasn't talkin' about the jazz are gonna win it all, the suns can't beat the spurs, the nuggets won't make it, etc. (even I said the nuggets won't make it). If he was, I apologize, I must have missed it. As far as I know, that stuff only came out when it was obviously happening. i'm just sayin', dude's science skills are falling off. you gotta make these bold predictions and claims ahead of time. not during the 4th quarter of the close out game of the series.

If you got caught up in my wrath, MA BAD. You can blame Ed and Faux.

This year was actually one of the first times I made predictions. Suns over Spurs in six was the most notable misstep. It's basketball, anything can happen. Even experts have difficulty making an accurate prediction.

Not many are built for it.

He did mention Deron during the Regular Season.

I probably mentioned him too often....mainly because he's a local guy and because when he was in High School he was thought to be the second best guard on his team!!

His High School backcourt mate, Bracey Wright, went to Indiana and is now at the end of some NBA bench(if he's even still in the league).

That's probably why I like Deron's game so much, I think he's still improving while a lot of guys hit their peak before they hit the NBA(see Kendrick Perkins)

you take all the fun out of enjoying the game. must be a tough life for a baller such as yourself!

It's hard sometimes keeping dudes in check. hehe. But at the same time, after a while you can differentiate a spectacular play from a smart play.

If you got caught up in my wrath, MA BAD. You can blame Ed and Faux.

haha, yeah, I got caught up in the rapture. i ain't mad or nothin', I'm just trying to help you become a stronger scientist of the basketball.

Anyways, SMALL TALK ASIDE,

Detroit/Cavs tonight. Is it really a no-brainer as most expect it to be. (including myself)?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    mylatency- here is your new avatar...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Ditto.

Fisher cannot run a team. He can't run, is only good at making the simple entry pass, and he'll miss just as likely make a lay-up. He played a year at Golden State where B. Davis missed lots of time and Fisher was given the starting job. It was not a pretty sight.

What Fish is good at is catching and shooting 3-pointers, and playing some D.

Ditto.

Fisher cannot run a team. He can't run, is only good at making the simple entry pass, and he'll miss just as likely make a lay-up. He played a year at Golden State where B. Davis missed lots of time and Fisher was given the starting job. It was not a pretty sight.

Uh-oh

Prepare to have a large amount of Basketball Science unloaded at your head.

Ditto.

You LOOOOVE to stir shit up with me don't cha? "Cuz we can get it on and poppin" (the_mack).

I don't trust opinions from dudes that use "ditto".

• faded_gloryfaded_glory 421 Posts

His High School backcourt mate, Bracey Wright, went to Indiana and is now at the end of some NBA bench(if he's even still in the league).

minnesota

You LOOOOVE to stir shit up with me don't cha? "Cuz we can get it on and poppin" (the_mack).

What would Raj charge me to make FR's title "Soulstrut Yenta"???

What would Raj charge me to make FR's title "Soulstrut Yenta"???

You should have Reynaldo finance you.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Ditto.

No that's all in your head.

If you have a system that doesn't require a PG than Fisher is your PG!

Ditto.

No that's all in your head.

If you have a system that doesn't require a PG than Fisher is your PG!