NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Updated: May 15, 2007, 7:02 PM ET

NBA suspends Stoudemire, Diaw for leaving bench[/b]

Associated Press

PHOENIX -- Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio, a person with knowledge of the penalty said Tuesday.

Horry was suspended for two games after knocking Nash into the scorer's table with 18 seconds remaining in the Suns' 104-98 victory in San Antonio Monday night that evened the best-of-seven series 2-2, said the person, who sought anonymity because the official announcement had not yet been made.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    fuck

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    18 seconds and the bench guy draws the ire of the starters on the bench? FUCK SAN ANTONIO. Goon ball in effect

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought amare was in the midst of checking in?!
    what is this bullshit?!

the suns without amare have been hurting... mainly because he's the guy nash likes to dish to most. its just not the same click with kurt thomas

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    More drama, stakes are higher than ever, let's go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Honestly, I thought both teams took plenty of cheap shots during the game. Raja Bell is as "crafty"(dirty) as they come, and that move that Nash made in the last 2 minutes where he passes and runs into the defender of the guy he passed to should be called a foul every time.....but.......That Horry shit was straight bullshit and he should have been booted for the duration of the playoffs.

Amare having to sit a game has just about sealed the deal.

We may see Utah in the finals....who would have imagined that!!!

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    The NBA is showin it's ass right now. Bucher was right for once, they're all about being "correct" not fair. I hate both these teams but I'm hot about this. Duncan and this dude Jones walked out to the 3 pt line from the bench in the second (check the video on TNT tonight), and no repercussions for those guys. How does Baron Davis not get suspended? How does Bowen not get suspended? How does what either of those guys did differ from what Stack did to Shaq in Game 4 of the Finals last year? You look at the Davis situation and you wonder if they don't want to cripple the Dubs and have a series done in 5? They'd have pretty much no chance w/out their leader. Bowen? That shit is mystifying to me.

Tough to win game five w/out Amare (plan A) and Diaw (plan B). Fuck though I could see Stat comin out BEASTIN in game 6. Send it back to Phoenix for 7 and anything could happen. Fuck it, I'm far enough removed from my pain, I'm actually rooting for the Suns in this series at this point. I can even enjoy the amazing play of Nash for once. It was eerie on the game last night right when it looked like a wrap Kerr talked about the small window Phoenix had for their season at that point and how they needed a watershed moment. Well hot damn if Nash and that dude #1 didn't deliver. Pretty cool. Great series. A worthy follow-up to last year's Mavs/Spurs joint, with all the drama at this point.

Bob will have way more time to kick it with the shorties after the next couple games.

Amare too

WHATEVER

I know,I Know ...."He left the bench to check in the game"

1 game

Man I just thought for sure the fact that the dudes attempted to correct their error and just the way all that shit played out AND the whole Duncan/other dude second quarter "bench leaving" they'd do the right thing. But this was not a short answer or essay affair. It was multiple choice and the Suns were the wrong answer.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I love how everyone is looking past Golden State at this point.

IT'S A WRAP SON!

Magic Carpet Ride tix expire in about 3.5 hours.

Yes I am bitter and I am hating.

IT'S A WRAP SON!

I know; I know. I don't have high hopes either, but then I remember four short days ago when they dominated Utah...fuck it I just hope it's a good game. I put some moeny down on the W's just on the strength, but like I say I don't have high hopes. Yes sad doggie.

IT'S A WRAP SON!

I know; I know. I don't have high hopes either, but then I remember four short days ago when they dominated Utah...fuck it I just hope it's a good game. I put some moeny down on the W's just on the strength, but like I say I don't have high hopes. Yes sad doggie.

Hey man right on. Puttin money on yr team in an elimination game on the road? That's a fan.

Let's set the odds on whether or not a Golden State Warrior will incur a suspension tonight that will have him miss some opening games next year. I say 9/5.

Golden State's been exposed and the clock is about to hit midnight.

IT'S A WRAP SON!

Hey man right on. Puttin money on yr team in an elimination game on the road? That's a fan.

Let's set the odds on whether or not a Golden State Warrior will incur a suspension tonight that will have him miss some opening games next year. I say 9/5.

if they lose we can always chalk it up to jackson not being able to get his pre-game drank on on account of Mormon blue laws.

Honestly, I thought both teams took plenty of cheap shots during the game. Raja Bell is as "crafty"(dirty) as they come, and that move that Nash made in the last 2 minutes where he passes and runs into the defender of the guy he passed to should be called a foul every time.....but.......That Horry shit was straight bullshit and he should have been booted for the duration of the playoffs.

I agree.

I like that kid Luol Deng. He's a smart player. Chicago got some nice pieces. They can take the East in the next couple years if they stick with the same core players.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

I agree.

I still don't think Horry's foul was that egregious, but suspending Stoudemire and Diaw is bullshit. Just sit Horry out for a game and call it a day, whatever.

But Rock- why do you think Utah is gonna get past the Suns or Spurs, did I miss something?

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts

LETS GO WARRIORS!!!

But Rock- why do you think Utah is gonna get past the Suns or Spurs, did I miss something?

I think they have a shot.

They are the team that seems to be peaking at the right time.

I'm a big Deron Williams fan

Kirilenko is playing like the All-Star he's been.

Boozer is proving to be a beast.

And as soon as they beat GS I get to change this ridiculous Avatar.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I still don't think Horry's foul was that egregious, but suspending Stoudemire and Diaw is bullshit. Just sit Horry out for a game and call it a day, whatever.

^^^ been feeling that way all day. I cry.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THE NBA HATES ITS FANS. THE SUSPENSIONS ON DIAW AND AMARE ARE THE DUMBEST THING SINCE THE COMPOSITE BALL.

STERN, YOU A FOOL.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thoroughly frustrated by the loss in Detroit tonight. The Bulls came out firing and we sat on our heels, waiting for a break that never came.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

IT'S A WRAP SON!

it aint over yet!!! lets go warriors! make your free throws. drive & kick. focus!!!

we bringing it back to oakland!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    P.J. Brown ascertaining himself all over this sheeeit.

WOW.

Way to rep your city and your fans G State. Stephen Jackson, what a lovely individual. NBA Action, it's FANtastic!

I can't wait to see what 4Q has in store.....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    HI MOM!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK GOLDEN STATE

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    THE NBA HATES ITS FANS. THE SUSPENSIONS ON DIAW AND AMARE ARE THE DUMBEST THING SINCE THE COMPOSITE BALL.

Rough, rough, rugged
    Tough like a nugget
    Listen to the abstract poetic, don???t snub it
    The midnight marauder is the hype beat arranger
    Don???t front on the lyrics or the two cuz it???s danger
    Hook you like a junkie, you???ll flip like a monkey
    To the openness of the rhythm, so proceed because I???m funky
    I get down, down like a fly hooker???s panties
    Make you catch a spirit and motivate a fanny
    I be the fly poet, rappers, they get jelly
    Upset when I rock, cuz yo, they beats is smelly
    See, I got it goin on like a forbes tax return
    Listenin to these lyrics when it???s hot will make it burn
    Baby burn, baby burn, up into the heavens
    The skies up above, the one you think of
    Is the highly regarded, hell of the people
    Your mic and my mic? come on, yo, no equal
    So if ya wanna do it to yourself
    That is to mess around with the jazz, then just blame yourself
    Cuz you made your bed, so now you lay in it
    That???s your (shit) on the floor, then go and play in it
    I refuse to catch a ???l??? in a battle
    Cuz yo, I got the jazz and I???ll whup a rapper???s (ass)
    Into little next to nuthin
    Test me if I???m frontin
    I???m passin flyin colors cuz yo...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    All I gotta say is fuck the goddamn Jazz. I have hated that team since Stockton-Malone.

They beat the shit out of the Warriors with the pushing and shoving, the holding on screens, etc. just like every Jerry Sloan team has played like.

That being said, the Warriors could not handle the physical play and became unglued in the 3rd quarter. I thought they were going to blow up and get half the team tossed.

The Warriors still had a great, GREAT run so I'm not mad, well yes I am still, but after 13 years that was freakin amazing. Given Nelson's history, the team probably won't stand pat and will try to make some trades to improve.

The thought of a Jazz-Spurs Western Conference Finals makes we want to not watch TV though.