Cell phone plans: more free shit

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I think I read here a few weeks ago that phone companies are making deals to keep people. I am nearing the end of my contract and I am looking to upgrade my plan. Currently, I am getting 2000 anytime minutes for about $100/mo. What kind of deals for internet, big minutes, email and the like are people getting? I am about to call customer retention services so I need some leverage on these fuckers.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I am getting 2000 anytime minutes for about $100/mo.

Whoa, dude, thats alot of bones on airtime. I'm a 500min/40$ type of guy for sprint.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What provider? It's really going to depend on the provider and how long you've been with them. I think I've heard Verizon doesn't give a shit when you pull the "fuck this im out" shit with them.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm with Sprint.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i got a Verizon plan..its 1350 minutes and unlimited text for $89 a month.

im about to drop to the 1000 minute plan for $69 and end up paying $79 because i know so many people with Verizon (they got free Verizon to Verizon calling) that i never use up all my minutes.

and someone i know dropped their phone out of an airplane and it didnt break. but thats on some freak shit!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    My friend scored some huge discounts my saying he just switched jobs and was offered a business plan account with another provider. They gave him all his texts, voicemail, and other features for free... and threw in some long distance minutes. I think he may have scored a new phone at a heavy discount as well.

This was with Bell in Toronto. But the leverage of another corporate account plan from your company's provider can be a great bargaining tool.