MPC2000 for ASR-10

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited April 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Hey, Im looking to trade a MPC2000 for an ASR-10. The MPC is in very good shape -- it has its memory expanded, is in almost perfect comsmetic condition. HOWEVER, its SCSI fuse needs to be replaced, which I will do if I can work out a trade with someone. It also does not have the 8 outs or the efx card. I am looking for the ASR keboard, not the rack mount. It should be in good working condition. Im not sure if this is an even trade, given that the MPC is not totally tricked out like it should be. This is an extra MPC that I have that a friend of mine found in the closet of the NYPD Blue set. However, I am easy to work with and will work the details in an amicable way. ANY NEW YORKERS WANNA DO THIS???Hit me up, Im easy to work with.WILL PROVIDE PICTURES IF THERE IS INTEREST.Thanks, and lets do this.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This is an extra MPC that I have that a friend of mine found in the closet of the NYPD Blue set.

It's weird that you posted this. I'm trying to get rid of my ASR-10.

An ad on craigslist shall be posted by the end of the day.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    DUDE, You want an MPC for it? Waddya selling it for?

DUDE, You want an MPC for it? Waddya selling it for?
    Actually, I'm looking for software. Sorry.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn Mike I have wanted the ASR keyboard back in my life... I have the rackmount, and it's just not the same.

Yeah I have a soft spot in my heart for the ASR-10. I'm just tired of looking for a SCSI interface and an output expander.

Loading up 5 floppies for 1 beat is a pain in the ass!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    indeed. That's why I got the rack, scsi/8 outs come standard. But I miss having it all in one box. Great machine though, still my main workstation.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Great machine though, still my main workstation.

Indeed.

And the built in effects processor was top rate. Where else are you gonna get 60 second multi-tap delays and such powerful oscillators.

There was an outboard effects unit that they made from the same board. We had it at the studio for a while. Good stuff.

I sold my ASR-X in 1995. Whoops.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    So, like, does anyone have one these to trade?

Im going crazy over here.