How often do you hear gunshots?

13»

Comments

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    fireworks

i used to live right by the CNE grounds - which are basically Toronto's city fairgrounds and there were/are fireworks competitions regularly for about a month in the summer and all the usual suspect holidays...the sound was horrible, like non-stop bombing.

i haven't heard gunshots since i was a kid...from what i remember, gunclap is a very accurate word.

I live just east of Bloor and Lansdowne. It's more of a stabby hood than gunclapping. But every couple months, something goes down. Two people were murdered (one in the middle of the afternoon) down the street from my place, right on Bloor, which is pretty fucked (right down the street from an elementary school), last summer. My girlfriend swears she hear gun shots more often, but I don't really notice. Just lots of crackies screaming about bullshit in the alley behind our house.

It's crazy that once you get off actual Bloor St, the side streets of real nice, green parks and hard working blue collar families... that sort of thing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Just lots of crackies screaming about bullshit in the alley behind our house.

yeah this is more along the lines of my local neighborhood experience. caught a crack whore giving some preppy looking striped shirt white guy head against my car out back once. I broke that up with a quickness. dude was shook and took off running. chick was pissed she didn't get paid.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    10/12 times in all my life, here, in the North suburb of Paris.

which suburb? i lived briefly in St-Ouen...

La Courneuve/Aubervilliers, just between Pantin, Saint Denis, St Ouen, La Villette (Paris).
    I don't know, maybe you'll remember some of those names.
    Where are you now?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    10/12 times in all my life, here, in the North suburb of Paris.

which suburb? i lived briefly in St-Ouen...

La Courneuve/Aubervilliers, just between Pantin, Saint Denis, St Ouen, La Villette (Paris).
    I don't know, maybe you'll remember some of those names.
    Where are you now?

je connais bien ce coin-l??; c'est chaud de temps en temps mais en mon avis c'est pas si chaud qu'on dit. actuellement je suis rentr?? chez moi: san francisco.

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Just lots of crackies screaming about bullshit in the alley behind our house.

yeah this is more along the lines of my local neighborhood experience. caught a crack whore giving some preppy looking striped shirt white guy head against my car out back once. I broke that up with a quickness. dude was shook and took off running. chick was pissed she didn't get paid.

Yeah, see, that's too close to home. Mad hookers in my neighbourhood. There's one with a crazy, just a week old, ten stich gash on her head. WTF?!?! And this other one who's easily 6 feet tall, and she's built like a linebacker. For the most part, crackies keep to themselves and leave the neighbourhood people alone. It's like there's some sort of unspoken truce.

Oh, and we also have two mad suspect strip joints in my neighbourhood. One of them actually shares the same building with a church...

As you can imagine, the clientel are top notch citizens.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    fireworks

i used to live right by the CNE grounds - which are basically Toronto's city fairgrounds and there were/are fireworks competitions regularly for about a month in the summer and all the usual suspect holidays...the sound was horrible, like non-stop bombing.

i haven't heard gunshots since i was a kid...from what i remember, gunclap is a very accurate word.

I live just east of Bloor and Lansdowne. It's more of a stabby hood than gunclapping. But every couple months, something goes down. Two people were murdered (one in the middle of the afternoon) down the street from my place, right on Bloor, which is pretty fucked (right down the street from an elementary school), last summer. My girlfriend swears she hear gun shots more often, but I don't really notice. Just lots of crackies screaming about bullshit in the alley behind our house.

It's crazy that once you get off actual Bloor St, the side streets of real nice, green parks and hard working blue collar families... that sort of thing.

Parkdale's like that too. These residential sidestreets are like sound vacuums - there was a shooting up the street from us at Queen and Cowan two weeks ago and we didn't hear a thing. I also don't hear the neighbourhood dudes' car blaring G-Unit at 15 off a superdeluxe car stereo when I turn on my street and away from the community centre that they park at.

Bloor and Landsdowne is nuts - House of Lancaster alone boosts the sketch factor.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    How often do you hear gunshots?
    Every time I think of my father.
    sorry 'bout that. I hear you--I think.