The "Family Guy" Appreciation Thread

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I think we are on season 4 in the UK and this show is as funny as f*ck. Anyone else got lovv for Pea Tear Griffin and the gang?

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    sure thing. we have it in germany as well now, but the sync sucks big time. u have to watch it in original language, otherwise its really bullshit.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I think we are on season 4 in the UK and this show is as funny as f*ck. Anyone else got lovv for Pea Tear Griffin and the gang?

I've only picked up on this recently via BBC 3 and have to say it's
    On a related note anyone catch the new series of "Peep Show" on C4 on Friday night ?
    It had me in stitches, one of the only things on TV to make me laugh out loud...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    www.tv-links.co.uk

U can watch some of the newer seasons of family guy on that site there but youll need a decent internet connection.

Caught the new peep show last friday aswell, the best line for me was 'i truly am a mother fucker'. Classic material ha ha.

• Blow_FlyBlow_Fly 41 Posts
    On a related note anyone catch the new series of "Peep Show" on C4 on Friday night ?
    It had me in stitches, one of the only things on TV to make me laugh out loud...

Best show on tv and best british comedy by far.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Hell yeah, truly one of the funniest comedies in many years, still going strong as well.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    occasionally the show is very funny but "none of their humor is plot-based!!!"

i still haven't seen that south park but just from hearing about the manatee dart-throwing based humor, it has honestly affected my opinion of FG. its sort of like when someone you know gets brutally clowned and you can never look at him the same way again

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i saw the south park spoof and i liket it..they have some good points..but as they say family guy is just joke after joke and iiiiii like it

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This is just like the time the prophet Muhammed came to the door and gave me a salmon helmet..

that south park...has honestly affected my opinion of FG. its sort of like when someone you know gets brutally clowned and you can never look at him the same way again

Still funny show, but quality's not on the level of Simpsons or South Park...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

So many funnier shows out there right now. Really bored of those Peter Griffin "remember the time I..." jokes, glad South Park put the FG writers on blast for that. I'll admit I liked this show when it first came out though.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

So many funnier shows out there right now. Really bored of those Peter Griffin "remember the time I..." jokes, glad South Park put the FG writers on blast for that. I'll admit I liked this show when it first came out though.

What episode is this?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

What episode is this?

I think it was called "Cartoon Wars"?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this show blows now

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    don't forget american dad.

anyone involved with that show instantly lost my respect, just by association.

but ya, i can't watch the same family guys episodes over and over again like i can with the simpsons.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this show is candy corn.

aquateen's way funnier.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    aquateen's way funnier.
    Any body else peep the movie? The intro was fuggin hilarious and the rest of the movie was pretty good if you like the series, MC Pee Pants rockin the tables down in hell was sweet...
    Zeb

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

What episode is this?

I think it was called "Cartoon Wars"?

i was looking for it on youtube this morning cuz i had never seen it, just heard about it. no luck though
    you know a diss is on point if you hear it second hand and its still effective

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Did Family guy ever have a comeback?

• this show is candy corn.

aquateen's way funnier.

Do you hate on everything son?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    this show is candy corn.

aquateen's way funnier.

Doesn't look like he hates on Aquateen.

aquateen's way funnier.

Aquateen is some pretentious El-P/Anticon humour type shyt. Fam Guy is like Nas and Simpsons is like Hova, they both dope and had some beef in the past, but now you gotta "Represent", and start "Feelin It".

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    WOW.

this show is candy corn.

aquateen's way funnier.

Aquateen is some pretentious El-P/Anticon humour type shyt. Fam Guy is like Nas and Simpsons is like Hova, they both dope and had some beef in the past, but now you gotta "Represent", and start "Feelin It".

ummmm I think the Soulstrut quota for little toys saying dumb provocative shit just to make a name for themselves is more than filled.

thanks for stopping by though.

aquateen's way funnier.

ummmm I think the Soulstrut quota for little toys saying dumb provocative shit just to make a name for themselves is more than filled.

thanks for stopping by though.

Yo son, you repeating yo'self, you need to step your game up. Shit mayne, i'm only like 12 posts deep and i'm already making moves on datazz. You just repeating yo'self. See? Like dat.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    WTF is going on here today?

It wouldn't suprise me a bit if we witnessed the return of Superpoaster today.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    never really liked it. seemed to be real corny and shit just seemed to be "lol i'll tell a joke and then tell it over and over and it will be even funnier each time."

• never really liked it. seemed to be real corny and shit just seemed to be "lol i'll tell a joke and then tell it over and over and it will be even funnier each time."

Yo I can feel you, sometimes its some in that joint but most of the time shit be puffin. That notorious (like BIG) scene where Peter breaks his knee and just sits there screaming fo like 5 minutes or sumthin is just not funny and is a pretty cheap shot at humour. The real OG's of this shyt is dem Monthy Pythons.

WTF is going on here today?

man I think we have.

and his name is Guru_Gorakhnath_Mohgul_Jehangir_Bappa_Rawal_CantStandTheHeat.

• WTF is going on here today?

man I think we have.

and his name is Guru_Gorakhnath_Mohgul_Jehangir_Bappa_Rawal_CantStandTheHeat.

Son, i dont even know what youre talking about but youre a superposer all up in this bitch.