The Single Dad Dilemma

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
You're at a restaurant, when your three-year-old daughter needs to go the bathroom.Do you take her in the men's room and risk having your daughter plop down in a puddle of some sloppy dude's piss (or worse)?Or swallow your pride and duck in the women's restroom?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You're at a restaurant, when your three-year-old daughter needs to go the bathroom.

Do you take her in the men's room and risk having your daughter plop down in a puddle of some sloppy dude's piss (or worse)?

Or swallow your pride and duck in the women's restroom?

You could try wiping the toilet seat clean. That always helps.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    roberts rules of order require she duke it in the chambre des hombres

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I been DONE trying to tell you guys...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    You're at a restaurant, when your three-year-old daughter needs to go the bathroom.

Do you take her in the men's room and risk having your daughter plop down in a puddle of some sloppy dude's piss (or worse)?

Personally I won't sit on a public toilet regardless. It's gotta be different for women though since they don't exactly have to aim.

Point being: I don't think my daughter should have to be subjected to the dirty ass toilets us men leave behind.

• get one of these

Personally I won't sit on a public toilet regardless.

Ever? Not even for #2? That's some squatting skills!

get one of these

portable raer.

peep the magazine compartment on the sides!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Plus she's three, so she still has to hold herself up by gripping the toilet seat. Who wants to touch that shit? No amount of wet wipes are going to make that sanitary.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Personally I won't sit on a public toilet regardless. It's gotta be different for women though since they don't exactly have to aim.

Point being: I don't think my daughter should have to be subjected to the dirty ass toilets us men leave behind.

Womens restrooms tend to be just as messy as mens. Just bring some wipes with you wherever you go. It's more appropriate for a young daughter to be in a mens room than it is for a grown man to be in a womens restroom.

No amount of wet wipes are going to make that sanitary.

disagree. I'd say a good wipe-down with an ANTIBACTERIAL wet wipe is at least gonna bring it down to the level of a doorknob/lots of other things she no doubt touches all day long.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

NEVER.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Plus she's three, so she still has to hold herself up by gripping the toilet seat. Who wants to touch that shit? No amount of wet wipes are going to make that sanitary.

Just a question...what kind of restaurants are you taking her to that has these nasty bathrooms?

I would just take her in the guys (my dad did that) and make sure she washes her hands or you have hand sanitizer with you.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus I could see if you had her in the womens bathroom, you will hear a lot of "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww......." or "AAHHHHHHHHHH!"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

NEVER.

This is perhaps the most unfortunate use of this graemlin ever. You are clearly suffering from a Seinfeldian level of bathroom neurosis.

This is perhaps the most unfortunate use of this graemlin ever. You are clearly suffering from a Seinfeldian level of bathroom neurosis.

Seriously. God forbid he ever travel overseas!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I stand by my choice of graemlin.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Just a question...what kind of restaurants are you taking her to that has these nasty bathrooms?

I would just take her in the guys (my dad did that) and make sure she washes her hands or you have hand sanitizer with you.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus I could see if you had her in the womens bathroom, you will hear a lot of "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww......." or "AAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Ok, so what if its a one-toilet bathroom? Does that change things?

• This is perhaps the most unfortunate use of this graemlin ever. You are clearly suffering from a Seinfeldian level of bathroom neurosis.

Seriously. God forbid he ever travel overseas!

The dreaded Asian Squat Toilet.

As an Aussie friend of mine once said, though: "Oy reckon eet's good--geeves you a clean brike!"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Meaning, that you go in the stall with her? I think that is absolutely fine. I think it's sweet that you are so worried about her sanitary-being. 3 years olds are full of germs! There is no stopping them!

Basically I think you are fine with whatever you do, and I can see how it could be really uncomfortable for you. But you have to get past that. You're a daddy and she gots to go.

Just always, always remind her to wash them hands. And to reference DjArcadian's statement about female bathrooms, he's right! Some girls are so nasty, I can't believe that they even get laid! I catch a lot of females walking out with out washing they haaaaaands. ick.

Some girls are so nasty, I can't believe that they even get laid!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Cover her eyes and walk her in slowly.......Make loud conversation with her so the people in there know she's walking in and they need to get a little closer to the urinals .......and so everyone knows this is your daughter and your not some perv being sneaky.

If the toilet is very clean.. flush..stack 10 of those ring sheets on there and tell her to hurry up.

If the toilet is even a little dirty ...flush..stack 4 of those ring sheets on the toilet and help her balance over the toilet..

flush with your foot

do not wash hands (unless she took a shit)....leave the same way you came in

Never take your daughter in the women's restroom.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Meaning, that you go in the stall with her? I think that is absolutely fine. I think it's sweet that you are so worried about her sanitary-being. 3 years olds are full of germs! There is no stopping them!

Basically I think you are fine with whatever you do, and I can see how it could be really uncomfortable for you. But you have to get past that. You're a daddy and she gots to go.

Just always, always remind her to wash them hands. And to reference DjArcadian's statement about female bathrooms, he's right! Some girls are so nasty, I can't believe that they even get laid! I catch a lot of females walking out with out washing they haaaaaands. ick.

I takes my hand washing serious. I've always got a mini-bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket that immediately goes on her hands after daycare, but I think I should definitely consider the wipes.

[rant]I'm obviously a bit OCD when it comes to germs, but I still don't think its fair to little girls to have to use dirty ass male toilets just because their respective mothers happen to be hoes that don't take care of them.[/rant]

Any other single dads holding it down out there? My three year old is actually my youngest. I also have a 7 year old. She's old enough that I don't have to go in with her so it's not an issue.

• You're at a restaurant, when your three-year-old daughter needs to go the bathroom.

Womens restrooms tend to be just as messy as mens. Just bring some wipes with you wherever you go. It's more appropriate for a young daughter to be in a mens room than it is for a grown man to be in a womens restroom.

I don't know, I would guess that the only place women are disrobed in a women's bathroom is in the stalls. In men's bathrooms, guys are pretty much walking around with their shlongs hanging out becuase of the urinal factor. I wouldn't want my daughter exposed to that.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I still don't think its fair to little girls to have to use dirty ass male toilets just because their respective mothers happen to be hoes that don't take care of them.

wow.
    ever had your daughter for the day cause your wife was at work?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

I don't know, I would guess that the only place women are disrobed in a women's bathroom is in the stalls. In men's bathrooms, guys are pretty much walking around with their shlongs hanging out becuase of the urinal factor. I wouldn't want my daughter exposed to that.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I still don't think its fair to little girls to have to use dirty ass male toilets just because their respective mothers happen to be hoes that don't take care of them.

wow.

My ex-wife is a piece of shit that won't take care of her kids. She's more typical of a deadbeat dad in this case.

What was your point?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

wow.

My ex-wife is a piece of shit that won't take care of her kids. She's more typical of a deadbeat dad in this case.

What was your point?

Any chance that she's nappy headed?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

wow.

What was your point?

OH. i didnt realize it was a personal rant.
    good luck with that.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

No, just a hoe.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

No, just a hoe becky[/b].

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    at least gonna bring it down to the level of a doorknob/lots of other things she no doubt touches all day long.

Doorknobs have way more bacteria on them than toilet seats.

Our mouths have more bacteria than our, respective, asses.

Overuse/overexposure to solvents, soaps, antibacterial substances, etc... is arguably detrimental to people's health, especially for a child as young as 3. Although by all means wipe the seat thouroughly, the advice is of a more general variety.