And the hardest mofo on the planet right now is...

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Grown up boyscout BEAR GRYLLS! Note to self: before jumping headfirst into Pacific ocean from home made kontiki raft, check for 16ft Tiger sharks looking for a bite to eat. I never run out of different ways to say "he's crazy" while watching this show.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    these two clips are

sorry, no embedded link on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKpnkX99z0&mode=related&search=

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have to vote for the dude that just finished SWIMMING THE AMAZON...over 3,500 miles, and he swam at NIGHT also...NIGHT SWIMMING THE AMAZON...

Martin Strel

http://www.amazonswim.com/main.php

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'll take the Amazon over this! Apparently Piranhas aren't even that aggressive

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I love this show.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• jgissjgiss 42 Posts

While I agree that Bear Grylls is hard-as-nails. Who else pisses on their shirt to keep themselves cool, or squeezes elephant dung to drink the liquid?!? However, I'm a little dubious of the show considering he has a camera man and sound guy along with him (arguably making them tougher for having to lug equipment around).
    For the real survivor ish, Les Stroud (aka Survivorman) is the real deal:

All by himself (meaning he does all of the camera and sound work alone) for up to seven days in the most remote locations...definetly

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

While I agree that Bear Grylls is hard-as-nails. Who else pisses on their shirt to keep themselves cool, or squeezes elephant dung to drink the liquid?!? However, I'm a little dubious of the show considering he has a camera man and sound guy along with him (arguably making them tougher for having to lug equipment around).

All by himself (meaning he does all of the camera and sound work alone) for up to seven days in the most remote locations...definetly

I dunno, looked like he was alone on that raft clip.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DAA-MNNNNN, I just saw a clip at the discovery channel website, where he pisses on his head dress, to keep cool in the desert.

Biting out of a fresh Zebra. Never seen that one before!

as fuck.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I thought Funk Flex said Uncle Murda is the hardest guy out right now?!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

No, he is by himself - the text under the pic was referring to Stroud. There was an episode where they did a behind-the-scenes making-of deal, and it was eye-opening. Those shots where you see him walking off into the distance? Then he has to turn around, walk back, and pick up all that gear. Then he continues walking through the desert after four days without food.

Hard ass. Love that shit.

Oh, and they revealed in the making-of episode that he spends a week with local survivalists/desert/bush/etc/dwellers before the shooting, so it's not like he's dropped cold into a random survival situation. But whatever. Knowledge or not, dude goes without food, water and shelter far too often and faces some things I never want to.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    amazing!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

The Bear guy has a cameraman. And putting aside all real/fake assumptions, I just finished watching the Moab Desert episode. Pretty awesome. That part where he intentionally puts himself in quicksand, and gets out, is , so is the part where he climbs out of that canyon water.

I like this show, thanks for posting about it!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    definitely Akon

• While I agree that Bear Grylls is hard-as-nails. Who else pisses on their shirt to keep themselves cool, or squeezes elephant dung to drink the liquid?!? However, I'm a little dubious of the show considering he has a camera man and sound guy along with him (arguably making them tougher for having to lug equipment around).

No, he is by himself - the text under the pic was referring to Stroud. There was an episode where they did a behind-the-scenes making-of deal, and it was eye-opening. Those shots where you see him walking off into the distance? Then he has to turn around, walk back, and pick up all that gear. Then he continues walking through the desert after four days without food.

Hard ass. Love that shit.

Oh, and they revealed in the making-of episode that he spends a week with local survivalists/desert/bush/etc/dwellers before the shooting, so it's not like he's dropped cold into a random survival situation. But whatever. Knowledge or not, dude goes without food, water and shelter far too often and faces some things I never want to.
    Plus he looks like DJ Muggs

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    crazy stuff forsure.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Thanks for puttin me up on this show. This drops some serious knowledge, makes us urban types feel very very little.

Love when shows how to escape quick sand. BALLS.