MMA Heads (Lindland-Fedor SPOILER)...

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Yep, well, that pretty much could not possibly have turned out differently. Unless Fedor had decided to pound him instead of stretch his elbow out.Hope if it was worth it ($$) Lindland.

Comments

• The cut scared me, and in the light of all the recent upsets in MMA, I was thinking that anything could happen.

But really, only one thing could have happened, and it did.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wow, Lindland caught him good with that unorthodox lunging left straight. But this is Fedor you're talking about.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    still waiting for firmerola's reaction and then we can officially dead this thread!

• man, fuck sherdog for posting the result big as could be on the homepage hours before it aired. I didn't order it and now i want to see it and ppv isn't showing it for like two weeks.

remember the free ufc is on a tape delay this weekend.. so stay away from sherdog.

stay away from sherdog.

I try to do this anyway.

• now i want to see it

youtube?

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    Fedor's brother dropped Pele pretty hard. The punch was loud too. Sounded painful.

Video

I miss the OG Pele.

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    OG Pele?

Fedor's brother dropped Pele pretty hard. The punch was loud too. Sounded painful.

Video

What a fast KO punch that was! Alexander is good, but he definitely needs to work more on endurance.

OG Pele?

yes.

PS Pride about to have it's first black champ: discuss.

:5pager:

just kidding re: 5 pages. definitely wonder what the Japanese fans will think of it though.

just kidding re: 5 pages. definitely wonder what the Japanese fans will think of it though.

Sokoujou? Those two wins were impressive, but he still has a lot to prove.

I told you the Japanese fans would hate.

I told you the Japanese fans would hate.

I'm not Japanese. But anyway naw not hating, just being rational. He's got tremendous potential, but after 2 wins over legit opponents, dudes wanna crown him.
    I was saying over at Sherdog, that MMA fans jump from one bandwagon to the next like none other.

I'm not Japanese.

sorry mayne. we've never met; I always sorta assumed from your name...

anyway the way the Japanese market the black guys is pretty shameful. remember Sapp? he was marketed total Mandingo-style. and now they got footage of this guy at the zoo making animal sounds!

I'm not Japanese.

sorry mayne. we've never met; I always sorta assumed from your name...

anyway the way the Japanese market the black guys is pretty shameful. remember Sapp? he was marketed total Mandingo-style. and now they got footage of this guy at the zoo making animal sounds!

It's all good. I might as well be Japanese anyway. I speak it.

Yea, true. Especially the last one "Sokoujou, straight out the jungle! That's where he trains!" sorta thing. I feel you. But then they did the same for Arona, so I felt okay about it. I think the thing is, it's very easy for them to be marketed this way, because they are so strikingly different from typically smaller Japanese fighters.

For instance:

Joachim Hansen "The Executioner from the North". They had him running through the Norweigan forrest or some shit, like a mad man. haha.

or Sakakibara joking about creating a "Monster weight class" in the announcement of the Butterbean/Zulu fight. Where he'll collect all of the monsters from the around the world.

Although not with bad intentions, the Japanese have always been kind of racist, usually through mockery of "outsiders" (gai-jin).

Crocop/Gonzaga on Spike this weekend.

Crocop/Gonzaga on Spike this weekend.

crocop 1st round

I will have my junk food ready.

just re-watching BODOG and have to say this is an alright production...

I mean, UFC is exciting when Chuck Norris or an ex-boxer is in the house. On the other hand Bodog had Putin and Berlusconi! pretty impressive.

next MMA event I wanna sit in the fascist section!

I mean, UFC is exciting when Chuck Norris or an ex-boxer is in the house. On the other hand Bodog had Putin and Berlusconi! pretty impressive.

bodog & others need to stay away from nast bitches w/ fake tits

please tell me you are not hating on van damme's daughter!

please tell me you are not hating on van damme's daughter!

nono the queso covered ring girls

yeah, we can both agree when it comes to ring girls no one is fucking with KOTC.

cant on that one
    oof

dude that ain't fair! they have had some FIIIINE black-haired beauties in teh past...but I guess their game has indeed fallen off. I will admit it has been a minute since I peeped KOTC...I'm more into the little Pride feeder orgs...

to bad xyience is a shitty product, their girls are fine as hell imo, least the 2 iposted are

you right you right. I have long admired the girls in the print and TV adds....and long laughed at the product itself!

definitely is on some gimicky shit. what is this, an EXTREME energy drink for strippers who really "give it their all each time - every time!"? whatever, I am not mad at that.

but I am not about to buy a can of this sugar juice. catch me sipping a V8 with some of those Randy-approved Lightforce greens mixed in!

I believe it was Pride 33, the first US show. Nasty OLD[/b] bitches w/ fake tits, jumping up and down around ring-side.

x10

there's definitely some Pride girls I would give it to...if I thought they could handle it.

there's definitely some Pride girls I would give it to...if I thought they could handle it.

Hell yea. Some of the UFC ring girls are hot as well.

Hell yea. Some of the UFC ring girls are hot as well.

true, i sent dana an email stating to please refrain from silicone...

LOL Did he respond?!

I used to love the cheezy Pride girl montages they would do back in the pre-Mauro Pride days.

word. have you seen the one where he enters a judo tournament at like 14 yrs old? dude doesn't even know judo and proceeds to win the tourney on the strength of his BJJ.