phat kat - carte blanche

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
anyone else feeling this? the dilla beats are like nothing i've ever heard from dude.. plus kat spits hot fire.

Comments

• I fucks with it.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Checking out the tracks on his MS page: http://www.myspace.com/phatkatakaronniecash

Raw hot shit, as expected. Can't wait to hear the whole joint.

Phat Kat - Quiet Bubble Mixtape for download, courtesy of Lookout Records

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    drewn coming thru with the research! i'll try and up a rip later on... it's got drops though.

Here's my favorite track off the new Obie Trice tape:

Loving that beat.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    drewn coming thru with the research! i'll try and up a rip later on... it's got drops though.

please do

these myspace tracks are kilin it

nasty aint it is amazing

shit RIP Dilla...just imagine

That phatkat track on welcome to detroit was always my favorite

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Back in the early ???90s, Phat Kat helped to put the D on the hip-hop map as a member of First Down, pairing with legendary DJ/producer J Dilla (R.I.P.), then known as Jay Dee, years before Dilla???s involvement in Slum Village. After meeting Guru and Premier during a promotional stop through Detroit in 1994, Phat Kat gave them a demo tape ??? the first demo he had ever passed on to industry folks, he says -- and First Down ended up getting signed to Payday records on the strength of one song, the now-classic ???Front Street,??? which appeared on the Representing the Streets compilation. First Down seemed poised to be one of the first Midwestern groups to blow up nationally; unfortunately, their label was folded into a much larger company and they were lost in transition.

any one have more info on this

audio?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I didn't hear any songs from the album besides Cold Steel and Nasty Ain't It, which are both cool IMO.

I've always liked this single...

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    trew thanks for the heads up

• Back in the early ???90s, Phat Kat helped to put the D on the hip-hop map as a member of First Down, pairing with legendary DJ/producer J Dilla (R.I.P.), then known as Jay Dee, years before Dilla???s involvement in Slum Village. After meeting Guru and Premier during a promotional stop through Detroit in 1994, Phat Kat gave them a demo tape ??? the first demo he had ever passed on to industry folks, he says -- and First Down ended up getting signed to Payday records on the strength of one song, the now-classic ???Front Street,??? which appeared on the Representing the Streets compilation. First Down seemed poised to be one of the first Midwestern groups to blow up nationally; unfortunately, their label was folded into a much larger company and they were lost in transition.

any one have more info on this

audio?

Here ya go.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8q828d

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

please do

report to real headz...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks for the fist down stuff

that front street track is real good

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I didn't hear any songs from the album besides Cold Steel and Nasty Ain't It, which are both cool IMO.

Ma-aaan, this is a Detroit classic. It gets no better to me.

"it's about to get live in this bitch!"

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

report to real headz...
    this might be a stupid question, but what does this mean?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

report to real headz...
    this might be a stupid question, but what does this mean?

if you have to ask...

it's a forum for 'strutters who support this site with donations. get to it...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    every track is solid

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Definitely feeling Phat Kat in this corner. Listening to the promo with the drops now, and it sounds good to me so far. shit. I will cop the official release for sure. Being a vegetarian myself, he always cracks me up with his recurring line about "veggie homo thugs" .

Damn, that "Nobody Care About Us" beat is forever killing it. I never get tired of listening to that. R.I.P. Dilla.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    "nasty ain't it" is bangin

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I can't wait for this to drop.