Mingering Mike Book

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
some idiot and Powell's in Portland must of hid the 2 copies they had in stock. even with massive amounts of help, we couldnt find them. any list of physical locations or a name of a distributor that can fill that order?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I may have just bought the last copy at Powell's today. When were you there?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i did the non-physical Amazon.com thing, and it came fast. Amazing book!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I may have just bought the last copy at Powell's today. When were you there?

too late obviously haha

oh well

im on my way back to NY now so i will just grab it when i get there

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Me too. Finally used up that Gift Cert from Xmas.
    This book is done right all the way around.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Ditto.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i ordered 2 last week and they are expected to arrive on friday. im stoked!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I am going to order from Amazon this week, can't wait.

• Got mine today from a real live independent book store - they had six copies prominently displayed. Book Beat's got 'em for the Detroiters. Great book.

Wierd reading the intro and seeing "soul strut" and a description of what goes on here in print.

SONIC

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Got mine today

Excellent work all around. So happy to finally get this.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i ordered 2 last week and they are expected to arrive on friday. im stoked!

ups hooked me up and delivered 2 days early!!! woot woot! shit looks awesome, my second copy is going to a friend as a gift.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    It's on its way. Can't wait.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've read mine cover to cover. Dori does a great job with the words. You really get a feel for who MM was/is, very intimate.

You all need to get over to the gospel thread and listen to the Harrell Singers.

• I've read mine cover to cover. Dori does a great job with the words. You really get a feel for who MM was/is, very intimate.

Thanks Dan!

Today was the first day that I walked into a bookstore (Barnes & Nobles) and saw the book on the shelf.. Kind of like an out of body experience! Woah!

You guys just wait until the 45 is pressed!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    just ordered a copy...looking forward to reading it.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    Any MM autographed books going up on the site?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Got mine today from a real live independent book store - they had six copies prominently displayed.

same here, i was kinda surprised, really...but then again the local shop does get in a lot of things i dont really expect them to

Any MM autographed books going up on the site?

Welcome.

You gonna make it down for Night Owl Record Show?

• Man, I wish I could..

Man, I wish I could..

Dori, think about the fall show, second week in October. Get your publisher to fly you out and put you up.

Actuallly I was asking Shureshot, who I assumed was Topstitch up in Seattle, if he was coming down.

• Man, I wish I could..

Dori, think about the fall show, second week in October. Get your publisher to fly you out and put you up.

Actuallly I was asking Shureshot, who I assumed was Topstitch up in Seattle, if he was coming down.

Different Sureshot! Sh*ne's in SF now.

• Any MM autographed books going up on the site?

Eventually, but probably not for a couple weeks at least. We have to iron out a few details before that and some other cool merchandise is all ready to go.

(cool new website coming real soon, by the way)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hi Dori... My PO Box needs this book!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Got mine in the mail today. Looks amazing! Can't wait to read it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Came back from a weekend away to find my copy sitting in my letterbox. Started reading it on the train this morning and enjoying it immensely. Massive props once again for the work put into this.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Just got it in the mail this morning.
    Looks very well done. Kudos.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    My copy finally arrived. I just wanted to add a "this thing is brilliant" to the pile here.

It is clear that the collection fell into the right hands. What were the chances that someone with the resources and motivation to actually seek out Mike and publish this book (as well as continue to preserve and show the collection) would actually be the person to dig these things out of a flea market?

Magnificent work, Dori.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    TUESDAY FINDS:

Can't wait to read it.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Mine came in the mail today. An awesome book indeed!

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Boing Boing did a bit on this yesterday complete with a link to the NPR piece and a fucked up Soulstrut link.

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/09/the_mystery_of_minge.html

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    just ordered me a copy. uk booksellers should be proud for stocking so many of em.