Happy Birthday, DJ Neta!

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
She's currently blazing through a 300-book reading list for her qualifying oral exams/PhD program, so she can't join us very often and partake in the-breaks bashing or discussions of the 0th dimension, but she's here in spirit.A few pics...Being a superstar:Teaching the next generation how to phrase their hi-hats:Reacting to my "funny Soulstrut stories":Bom aniversario!

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    happy bron day Neta. get your learn on and make us proud.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Happy B-Day to one of the smoothest DJs around...seriously.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Feliz cumpleanos!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Happy birthday!

• Happy Birthday F*****a!

Way to keep the kids' hi-hats in line and choruses in-tune!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Happy birthday, hoLmesette!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Reacting to my "funny Soulstrut stories":

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I haven't laughed that hard in a minute. Marriedheadzknowthedeal

Happy Birthday Netta, hopefully you and Mr. Hogg can find a way to make it down this summer. We'll take Young Moist to Thai Smile and watch him weep while he eats.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Happy B-day Neta...

How's the grad school grind going?

• Happy BDay Neta!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Happy Birthday!

• oh hell yeah. happy birthday. I would say it portugese but I don't think you can type in a head cold.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Happy Birthday and good luck on the Ph.D. stuff.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    happy birthday, superduper tuffgirl.

have ross make you dinner and gather some mead.

• Happy Birthday Queen of the Clean Transitions.

J

• have ross make you dinner

Uh..dude NOT COOL. Ross should really do something different. I mean it is the gals birthday.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    my bad. i was always under the impression that ross could cook. pause.
    birthday grillcheeseses then! do it up!!

• my bad. i was always under the impression that ross could cook. pause.
    birthday grillcheeseses then! do it up!!

my attempt to impugne ross' role in his sacred covenant has gone over your head. You've been downgraded to cleaning latrenes (sp)

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Happy B-Day to one of the smoothest DJs around...seriously.

hahahahhaaha awesome

Happy Birthday F*****A!

hope your day has been great

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Neta,

Happy Birthday. I wish you well on your special day. I'll be rooting for you on your preliminary exams. Best of luck!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Reacting to my "funny Soulstrut stories":

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I haven't laughed that hard in a minute. Marriedheadzknowthedeal

I second this amen.

And I add a hearty happy birthday to any woman who can stand a man who writes on soulstrut, even the good ones like HoggintheFogg.

Best,
    JRoot

PS Good luck on your comprehensive exams. Then it's just the small matter of the dissertation!

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    Thanks so much, everyone!

Yeah, it's been a low key birthday. Spoke at a conference Sunday and spent yesterday and today studying and prepping for a lesson tomorrow, so 29 sort of just happened. That's ok with me.

Oh, Ross gave me this because he's a good husband who loves his wife very much:

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Happy B-Day GURL!

Good luck on those exams- tell us about them when you're done.

Have a restful bday and enjoy the end of your twenties, young pup.

• dizamn. i didnt even know you were on here neta. happy bersday. from brigidope and the bside crew.

....oh and you murdered it dead at The Blast.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Neta,

If you need any study tips for the prelims (i.e., organization and memory tips), just hit me on the PMs. As a gauge of my success on the comprehensive exam, the spoken portion of my exam lasted only 5 minutes, most of which the faculty did the talking. On the news front, my colleagues and I just won the best conference paper award for the Academy of Management's Gender and Diversity in Organizations division. If we could just convince the editors and reviewers at the Academy of Management Journal of the paper's worth.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak