If the only "new" hip-hop i like nowadays is...

2»

Comments

• pharoahe mixtape was pretty good.

that shit was kinda weak. Every dope song got ruined by some terrible-ass JoJO (from K-Ci) singing on it. Really it could of been heat.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    these days i'd rather listen to infamous than half of the artists he listed, but i still like lots of new rap

like who? serioously i'm curious.

Here's some recent rap albums/mixtapes i've been feelin'

Evidence - The Weatherman Man Lp.
    Marco Polo - Port Authority.
    Domingo - The Most Underrated.
    Block McCloud - Spittin Image.
    Pumpkinhead - Orange Moon Over Brooklyn.
    Chino Xl - The Warning(Mixtape Hosted bt King Tech)
    DJ DIGGZ & DJ RATED R - Prodigy The Pre Mac.(Mixtape)

• how bout' that. peace, stein. . .

• i draw blood from you under the bridge like Anthony Kiedis

• Yeah, I know what you're saying, the issue is that there are a lot of great independent artists out there who have solid stuff, but very few (PUTS, Ugly Duckling, Lyrics Born, Crown City, etc.) have been able to put out records that really give the older stuff a run for the money. Or if they do, a lot of them go in different directions and get labeled not hip-hop enough, or too different. There are a lot of reasons/excuses for this, but I'm with Pony, times are changing and 07 looks good.

I don't know ,these are the kind of artist generally dislike. The " I still chop breaks on the SP 1200, So what I'm White and never spent any real time in the hood" crowd bores me. I rather listen to Jada or Sigel spit about gun play. I do like Murs though.

Oh wow, we're white because we still buy records, sample and scratch. And to think we've put up with all this discrimination for nothing! god dammit why didn't someone tell me before! SHIT!

I you miss understood why I was saying I don't like that style of music. Don't like that holier than thou "I sample off of $400 45's, I do it for the culture" I don't use an computer in my setup" attitude than many "Backpack" groups have. To me it's worse than kids with Trition or Fantom X's Making Murder, Death, kill tracks. Plus, much of the work from above artist just sounds white dudes trying to act black or is just too dated to my hears.

mr stress, might i mention that i like limpbizkit too!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah, I know what you're saying, the issue is that there are a lot of great independent artists out there who have solid stuff, but very few (PUTS, Ugly Duckling, Lyrics Born, Crown City, etc.) have been able to put out records that really give the older stuff a run for the money. Or if they do, a lot of them go in different directions and get labeled not hip-hop enough, or too different. There are a lot of reasons/excuses for this, but I'm with Pony, times are changing and 07 looks good.

I don't know ,these are the kind of artist generally dislike. The " I still chop breaks on the SP 1200, So what I'm White and never spent any real time in the hood" crowd bores me. I rather listen to Jada or Sigel spit about gun play. I do like Murs though.

Oh wow, we're white because we still buy records, sample and scratch. And to think we've put up with all this discrimination for nothing! god dammit why didn't someone tell me before! SHIT!

I you miss understood why I was saying I don't like that style of music. Don't like that holier than thou "I sample off of $400 45's, I do it for the culture" I don't use an computer in my setup" attitude than many "Backpack" groups have. To me it's worse than kids with Trition or Fantom X's Making Murder, Death, kill tracks. Plus, much of the work from above artist just sounds white dudes trying to act black or is just too dated to my hears.

Do you even understand who you are being clowned on by?

• That's not me,I'm black as all get out! Seriously, have a myspace page but I never got around to finishing it.

http://www.myspace.com/lowstress

thank god. peace, stein. . .

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    one of the biggest songs this year is a sample:

throw some d's on it.

gtfoohwtbs dudes

and the best song of last year what you know

and the year before that stay fly

and the year...

• one of the biggest songs this year is a sample:

throw some d's on it.

gtfoohwtbs dudes
    -cosign. uhm your avatar is disturbing.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, the issue is that there are a lot of great independent artists out there who have solid stuff, but very few (PUTS, Ugly Duckling, Lyrics Born, Crown City, etc.) have been able to put out records that really give the older stuff a run for the money. Or if they do, a lot of them go in different directions and get labeled not hip-hop enough, or too different. There are a lot of reasons/excuses for this, but I'm with Pony, times are changing and 07 looks good.

Do you even understand who you are being clowned on by?
    -i dont think he does.

generally i find that discussing hip hop and race requires waay more energy than anyone can muster to do properly. and half stepping on discussing the subject usually leaves people ass hurt and upset.

... and i just deleted about a page and a half of half cocked rambling because i re-read that last sentence i wrote.

not to say it shouldnt be discussed, but usually arguments on a message board are very stream-of-thought with not enough preparation...

im going to shut up now.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and the best song of last year what you know

that's an interpolation.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BAN ERRYBODY

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    kids with Trition or Fantom X's Making Murder, Death, kill tracks.

I have not heard of this group. Can you post some music? Sounds promising.

• Ban.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Murder, Death, kill tracks.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    There's too many good rap artists out there just to be limiting yourself to just 10 of them.

I think i'm up to 11. I forgot that i like Dead Prez too.