I Fired Up the Sampler Last Night: Five New Joints

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Hey Soulstrut Massive,

I got off my lazy ass, fired up the sampler, and made 5 new beats last night (with a little help from some 'gnac). Damn, I'm trying to act like the young me, when I used to make a whole 90 minute tape of beats in a night. Anyway, the new songs are the first 4 songs on my soundclick site: Big Stacks's Soundclick website Enjoy (I hope)!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    BRINGIN THE FLAVOR AS USUAL!

those joints are absolute fire, Stacks!!! "No Apologies" is pure

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Vinyls and Congac is dope!

Here are a couple that have been sitting in my sampler for a few days.

Bay influenced shit.

Kinda sounds like Jay Dee.

I just started trying to make beats with a keyboard, but it's tough because I don't have any keyboard/piano training. I don't know if I should build on these or just scrap 'em and start something new.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Two-Ply,

I can feel where you're going with both of those. I feel the first one a little more, but they both will be fire!!! Probably a function of my personal preference, but the 2nd might sound cool at a faster pace. Just a thought, though.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Martin,

That track wasn't really MY steeze (preference-wise), but I know that those crunkers out there are gonna flip!!! Nice arrangement, indeed. You have mad talent, cat!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    feelin Heavy Hitter.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Hey Soulstrut Massive,

I got off my lazy ass, fired up the sampler, and made 5 new beats last night (with a little help from some 'gnac). Damn, I'm trying to act like the young me, when I used to make a whole 90 minute tape of beats in a night. Anyway, the new songs are the first 4 songs on my soundclick site: Big Stacks's Soundclick website Enjoy (I hope)!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

pleasant trueschool shizznit! i'd like more breaky drums tho, but i guess thats just MY preference!

heres some fairly new shit i've done:

check da flava (mcdoom'd)

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Damn, you were inspired, huh? Nice work. I'm diggin' "Simple & Plain" and "Vinyls & Cognac" a lot.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Damn, you were inspired, huh? Nice work. I'm diggin' "Simple & Plain" and "Vinyls & Cognac" a lot.

Does anyone else want to see/hear a "Stacks of Soul" collabo??

Does anyone else want to see/hear a "Stacks of Soul" collabo??

Hey Sun,

I definitely down for it!!!! It's all up to the Soooooooooul Maaaaan, oh laaaaawd, Sooooooooooooul Man!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Soulstrut Massive,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

pleasant trueschool shizznit! i'd like more breaky drums tho, but i guess thats just MY preference!

heres some fairly new shit i've done:

check da flava (mcdoom'd)

Hey McDee,

That track was bangin', son!!!! I really love how you EQ your drums, heavy and hard-hittin'. Given all the stuff I heard from you, I definitely your steelo on the beats!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hey Sun,

I definitely down for it!!!! It's all up to the Soooooooooul Maaaaan, oh laaaaawd, Sooooooooooooul Man!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Let's go, big hommie! You know I'm down like a bubble Bear (gots to get real nineties on 'em! ).

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Hey Sun,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Let's go, big hommie! You know I'm down like a bubble Bear (gots to get real nineties on 'em! ).

I want a manager's credit. (is this the wink?)

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Damn, that shits fiyah. I'm almost too embarrassed to put a link to my s hit up.

That's almost

http://www.soundclick.com/bigfamily

Hey OldNewSoul,

I listened to the tracks and really dug 'em. I especially liked "Every Effort", "We Bloom", and "10 CC Joint".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Hey OldNewSoul,

I listened to the tracks and really dug 'em. I especially liked "Every Effort", "We Bloom", and "10 CC Joint".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks. I'm trying to focus more using Reason, but everybody feels those ASR joints.