RED GONE WILD!!!

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."[/b]

wtf

Yes that post was a weird combination of demeaning paternalism as applied to the Northern rapper that Chad approves of, and cryptoracist slurs directed at the Southern rapper whom he doesn't find acceptable.

In other words, signature SoulStrut.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SIGNATURE SOULSTRUT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I be's the block.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Redman is clever. I mean I really think dude is smart. Not just "well-spoken." If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."

I think Ludacris is one one the better mcs in the last 10 years.

I agree.

I do, too. He's one of the few MCs I actually think is (wait for it....) dope.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Redman is clever. I mean I really think dude is smart. Not just "well-spoken." If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."

I think Ludacris is one one the better mcs in the last 10 years.

I agree.

I do, too. He's one of the few MCs I actually think is (wait for it....) dope.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of hip hop would agree.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

lol.

bottom line is: anyone who agrees would agree. it's a matter of opinion.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

lol.

bottom line is: anyone who agrees would agree. it's a matter of opinion.

Haha, that wasn't directed at you. I'm just saying he's a good mc.

fair enough. I just don't see the Luda-Redman comparison as relevant/helpful.

And that is the goal of all of our rap-related discussions on here: to be helpful.

And that is the goal of all of our rap-related discussions on here: to be helpful.

incidentally, you may want to ask yourself, faux, what is your goal in posting in rap-related discussions? and once you've determined what that is, ask yourself: "Am I achieving said goal? And if not, why not? And what can I do to improve?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The new album is incredible.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    What did you think of the single?

What did you think of the single?

I like the song, but not as a lead off single. Nothin on the rest of the album resembles Timbos track.
    Bad choice from that team.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i will check this out

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I agree. I was a little shocked when I listened to it, expecting to want to skip through some tracks, but it was solid, Redman is putting it down. I like his Gilla House homies as well, this is a good album. I like the fact that Redman has always been Redman. He hasn't had to change it up too much or anything, he has a strong core audience and his style is unique but still conventional. He's an easy rapper to like in my opinion, Malpractice just threw some people off for a minute...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    RED GONE WILD IS FIRE........BRICK CITY NIGGASSSSS....... http://www.geocities.com/dsmcrew/

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Dude, redman is better than luda. Luda has yet to drop a classic album. No matter how much you like dude, you cannot deny this. Just as you cant deny that redman has multiple classic albums. And he can still rip it.

I gotta go get this shit. im hoping its as good as yall say it is because im not even downloading first. Just gonna walk in the store and cop it like i used to do when a new redman album came out.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i never said luda was like, objectively better, just that he had replaced him. Luda's career started taking off when Redman's was beginning to slow.

please explain how english and math tests are culturally biased.

I failed your class 'cause I ain't with your reasoning
    You're tryin' make me you by seasoning
    Up my mind with see Jane run, see John walk in a hardcore New York
    It doesn't exist no way, no how
    It seems to me that in a school that's ebony
    African history should be pumped up steadily, but it's not
    and this has got to stop, See Spot run, run get Spot
    Insulting to a Black mentality, a Black way of life
    Or a jet Black [/b]

If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!

and dont come at me with statistics that say latinos score lower than whites. please explain how english and math tests are culturally biased. thank you.

Do you not have access to Google?

This idea didn't exactly originate with chad.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!

and dont come at me with statistics that say latinos score lower than whites. please explain how english and math tests are culturally biased. thank you.

Do you not have access to Google?

This idea didn't exactly originate with chad.

I was hoping this reply would be: "you sound low-scoring."

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Martin,

It's not so much that the tests are culturally-biased. Instead, scores on general mental ability-related tests (i.e., g-loaded tests) such as the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, etc. all are correlated positively with socioeconomic status (SES). SES, in turn, is related strongly with race-ethnicity, with minorities (particularly Blacks and Hispanic) concentrated more heavily in the lower economic strata than Whites. Furthermore, there are also within-race differences in scores on g-loaded tests, such that lower SES members of a racial-ethnic group earn lower scores than their higher SES counterparts. Also, the full scoring range is observed within each racial-ethnic group, although there are average score differences, explained largely by racial differences in SES. Ultimately, SES and related background variables (i.e., rearing environment, school quality, per pupil expenditures, etc.) figure prominently in the probability of doing well on standardized, g-loaded tests. This topic formed the basis of my doctoral dissertation, and was the topic of my earliest research work. I tell my students there is no surprise that I became a professor, given that I had a enriched, middle-class environment as a child, and all its advantages. Unfortunately, most folks like me (Blacks) lack access to such resources (check the Census data, in particular the American Community Survey of 2005 results). I have it bookmarked if you wish to view it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    so what you said is just basic common sense. people with fucked up families do worse in school, people who are broke and have to work after school instead of study do worse in school, people whos parents are 12 years older than them and dont know a damn thing about raising kids do worse in school. all of this is elementary. so that makes the test biased? buuuuuuullshit.

Well, I have decades of research data and literature on my side. What supports your point of view? Your opinion? You sound like an armchair speculator. If it's such "common sense," then why did you raise the issue in the first place? The point is that not everyone receives equal access to the information tested, largely due to the interaction between race and socioeconomic status (which is related to a variety of other factors). Group disparities in average test scores would erode if there was greater equality of schooling across racial and class lines (which will NEVER happen).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Just gonna walk in the store and cop it like i used to do when a new redman/any artist i was a fan of album came out.

i miss those days