thes one - lifestyle marketing

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
havent seen any posts on this.i just got this (and i actually paid for it). thes you be comin through with the joints. i havent bought anything new in a hot minute and i needed somethin like this in my life.respect

Comments

• thanks dude, no hype on this but I think cat's will dig it.

Couldn't afford to buy hype so maybe no posts from the sheep should be expected? Can't call it but either way, support a fellow strutter. Double Vinyl gatefold is next level steeze...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Really dope album. Where to cop the 10"?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
     /><br /><br />...and this is coming from a guy that hasn't been liking hip-hop in years. Is there a full length dropping soon?<br /><br />Oh yeah, get it  <a href=http://www.beatstreet.ca/product_info.php?products_id=23085&title=Rain+Belt+Beer+-+Targethere!

• saucesauce 8 Posts
    i heard it, and thought it was real good too. PUTS is keeping fun a factor in their music (if you're reading this Einstein, dont worry UD is too lol). i downloaded it, but i do that to every album as to see if it's worth the money, and this is going to be bought soon when i get a paycheck. keep pumping out the fresh joints

ps: did you ever get a internal card reader in the 3000?

• I couldn't believe it when I saw this had come out.

Last summer, me and my homie were about one or two phone calls away from making this exact same album happen ourselves. We'd been diggin' on Herb Pilhofer's stuff for a minute and thought it would be dope to do a reissue. I put about three of the cuts from Music That Works 1 on my "Heavy Session" mix CD last year, I drive past the former Sound 80 studio almost every week, we had Rhymesayers interested in helping put out a two disc album (one of the original music, one of remixes), and then an engineer friend of ours had Herb on the phone getting him interested in the project when he said that someone had recently licensed his music.

Shit dude. Small world. You beat me to it. Hats off to you Thes.
    Mike

• Yeah, card reader is up an running thank god but I did lose a lot of data while working on Stepfather thanks to the almighty Iomega Zip disk. And BTW, do not support the Midicase.com dude, he is a cock who does not offer any sort of tech support on the products he sells.

Anyways...
    Thanks for the words, I think the best review I read so far was that I had literally "gone crazy" but in a good way. Ok. If that's what I am for having one of the few albums out that's not biting Donuts/Dilla then word. It's funny to see how little coverage we are getting because we couldn't buy into the press. So goes the music industry. Nevertheless, I gladly give the strut $300 dollars out of my own pocket for the banner you (may) see above this thread in the hopes that some of yall dudes may check for it. That's the extent of my hype. :Rantdone:

Do not sleep when the double vinyl drops. The Gatefold glossy is just beautiful courtesy of JoshD.

And, very sincerely, it's good to know that

thanks dudes

• I couldn't believe it when I saw this had come out.

Last summer, me and my homie were about one or two phone calls away from making this exact same album happen ourselves. We'd been diggin' on Herb Pilhofer's stuff for a minute and thought it would be dope to do a reissue. I put about three of the cuts from Music That Works 1 on my "Heavy Session" mix CD last year, I drive past the former Sound 80 studio almost every week, we had Rhymesayers interested in helping put out a two disc album (one of the original music, one of remixes), and then an engineer friend of ours had Herb on the phone getting him interested in the project when he said that someone had recently licensed his music.

Shit dude. Small world. You beat me to it. Hats off to you Thes.
    Mike

It took me forever to get this going to, I licensed that stuff back in '03-'04
    I actually found both of the Pilhofer records back in the mid 90's while visiting my mom's parents who lived in White Bear Lake. The music has always meant alot to me, I hope that this project exposes new people to it.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Best new release I've bought in the past 12 months.

• absoul85absoul85 64 Posts
    hi Thes.

I heard this album a while back (blog - related) and just want to let you know that I love it, and that I, for one, will support when the 2x Vinyl drops

I work in a small vinyl spot in Copenhagen DK and this album would just be right up our clientele's alley. I'll try and get in touch so we can figure out a way to spread the word to the Danes

peace

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Really dope album. Where to cop the 10"?

LP and 10" are available at hhv.de

yeah, I fully agree that it??s a dope album!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    really looking forward to getting this one Thes

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    LM is insanely dope...went WAY over what i'd expected i've ben a PUTS fan since '98 so i'd been looking forward ot LM.

I love the way each track goes into the next one real "concept" like, it's got a quality to it, like what i think real nice chocolate would sound like, I've been whistling Target all day and listened to the album on my day offf yesterday and before i went to sleep last night, thanks thes really don't know what i'd do without you!

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    "target" is the joint!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    after i fix up my finances

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yes, this is very good and everyone should buy it[/b].

• cascas 1,484 Posts

• one more time ...

I'm really looking forward to the top vinyl drop on this as well

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    will the vinyl have the bonus disc of the herb stuff on it or is that a cd exclusive?

• That is CD exclusive..the vinyl has reedited intros where the original sample plays and then goes into the beat, on beat. I was very happy with how it turned out seeing as vinyl is getting tougher and tougher to make these days.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Know what I miss? The PUTS/Tres ebay store! I used to order from that & Thes was always kind enough to hook up some nice promo ish. Imma pick this up on wax as soon as I see it.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That is CD exclusive..the vinyl has reedited intros where the original sample plays and then goes into the beat, on beat. I was very happy with how it turned out seeing as vinyl is getting tougher and tougher to make these days.

Speaking of pressing vinyl, the jumbo label on the Tuxedo Rap 12-inch was a nice touch. Where are you pressing your records that lets you do creative stuff like that?

To echo the comments of others, do not sleep on this record. It is hot, and I haven't heard anything like it before (A homebuilt crossfader-filter device? I need to see this in action.) Congrats on another great release Thes.

• Anyone in Japan handling the Vinyl distribution? Will DMR have it? I'll be keeping my eyes peeled in Tokyo.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im glad some people started responding to this. it would be a shame if this instro album got overlooked. ill be playin a cut off of it tonight at this party i am playin at, but i havent really picked which one yet.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    To echo the comments of others, do not sleep on this record. It is hot. Congrats on another great release Thes.

Thes, check yo pm's!

• I heard "Target" via a friend AND I LOVE THE CHOPPING! I'm waiting to cop the full-length.

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    oh snap, didn;t know there was vinyl out for this!
    where for US orders? holla!
    JBLOW

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    J-Blow, since you're in SD you can cop the 10" @ M-Theory. We don't have the full length yet, but we should when it drops.

Holler!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I need a "my record store sells the particular release you are discussing" graemlin.