Week Day Finds

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Was a bit busy this last weekend, but finally got around to taking some pics & typing stuff up. 45s Got 13 eighties 45s from my girlfriend for free, thehighlights:Throwing Muses ??? Not Too SoonThe Specials ??? A Message To You RudyThe Jam ??? Funeral PyreThe Jam ??? The Bitterest PillThe Jam ??? ???A??? Bomb In Wardour St.Some of the cheap interweb digsOutspoken ??? The Current (New Age)Killing Time ??? Unavoidable (Blackout)Collision ??? s/t (Ambassador)Swingin??? Utters/UK Subs ??? Split (NRA)Ten Yard Fight/Fastbreak ??? Split (Contention)The main haulAC/DC ??? Back In Black (Atlantic)Brian Auger & The Trinity ??? Red Beans & Rice (Atco)Blue Cheer ??? Summertime Blues (Philips)Clarence Carter ??? She Ain???t Gonna Do Right (Fame)Sam Cooke ??? For Sentimental Reasons (Keen)Don Covay ??? Rumble In The Jungle (Mercury)Spencer Davis Group ??? Somebody Help Me (UA)Tyrone Davis ??? Can I Change My Mind (Dakar)The Dells ??? Show Me (Cadet)Four Tops ??? Your Love Is Wonderful (Motown)Four Tops ??? Don???t Bring Back Memories (Motown)Marvin Gaye ??? The End Of Our Road (Tamla)Marvin Gaye ??? Gonna Keep On Tryin??? Till I Win Your Love (Tamla)Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells ??? What???s The Matter With You Baby (Motown)Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell ??? Ain???t Nothing Like The Real Thing (Tamla)Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell ??? If I Could Build My Whole World Around You (Tamla)Bobby Hebb ??? Sunny (Philips)The Impressions ??? It???s All Right (ABC-Paramount)Jefferson Airplane ??? Somebody To Love (RCA Victor)Joe Jeffrey Group ??? My Pledge Of Love (Wand)Paul (Guitar Red) Johnson ??? Pretty Eyed Baby (Checker)King Curtis ??? I Was Made To Love Her (Atco)King Curtis ??? Soul Twist (Enjoy)The Kingsmen ??? Jolly Green Giant (Wand)The McCoys ??? Fever (Bang)Jimmy McCracklin ??? The Walk (Checker)Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes ??? The Love I Lost (Phil Int)Maxine Nightingale ??? Right Back Where We Started From (UA)Cliff Nobles ??? Love Is All Right (Phil-LA of Soul)The Olympics ??? Western Movies (Demon)Percy Sledge ??? When A Man Loves A Woman (Atlantic)Staple Singers ??? If You???re Ready (Stax)Stanley Turrentine ??? There???s Always Something There To Remind Me (Blue Note)Stanley Turrentine ??? The Look Of Love (Blue Note)Stanley Turrentine ??? And Satisfy (Blue Note)Stray Cats ??? Stray Cat Strut (EMI)LPsGood to upgrade DKs & DOA And finally, a long time want/white whale crossed off for cheap, soooooo nice. Also have a bunch of 45s coming from Christchurch later tonight & a record fair this saturday, fun times.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    holmes dog, you trying to get every 45 ever made or sumthing?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

youre just jealous cause he has a sick soul 45 collection of commons.

i for one would love to see dudes whole collection. catalog runs like WHAT!

keep it up killer!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    ha - holmes keeps all his records in his bedroom, I've seen them, its like those 'sanctuary' scenes in Indiana Jones, how he gets time to listen to them I don't know

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    met the blue monk in carytown for thai & digging
    not so secret spot yielded :

200 primo 70's & 80's reggae 12"

including

both the rare joe gibbs version of eek a mouse "wa do dem" & the junjo version

many dupes

private press gospel

best thing yet, secret revealing poems & messages written by past owners on the sleeves

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

what label is this???

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    private press gospel

what label is this???

royal palm - bulitnuts new yorkshire dole mix
    robin jones - royal mozambique
    kudos records

??

insane drumming
    looked cool
    i was only leaving the soca & reggae terds behind

what is this record ??

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    you and your boy were getting like the tenth round leftovers off that UTON haul. shoulda called me.

you and your boy were getting like the tenth round leftovers off that UTON haul. shoulda called me.

my "boy" don't buy no reggae, fool

i've been buying "uton's" shit for over a year now
    john wood
    ike
    plan 9
    thrifts
    & i've only bought about 10% of what i've seen
    so
    who has been dining off of whom ??!??

ps - the best stuff was from a chi town store that dumped it all on #9
    (hint, that stuff doesn't have "uton" written on it)

i get the backroom stuff cause i'm special
    b/w
    #9 doods are jealous of fatback's jazz scorez

sorry i didn't get to see ya yesterday
    next time

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

my "boy" don't buy no reggae, fool

i've been buying "uton's" shit for over a year now
    john wood
    ike
    plan 9
    thrifts
    & i've only bought about 10% of what i've seen
    so
    who has been dining off of whom ??!??

ps - the best stuff was from a chi town store that dumped it all on #9
    (hint, that stuff doesn't have "uton" written on it)

i get the backroom stuff cause i'm special
    b/w
    #9 doods are jealous of fatback's jazz scorez

sorry i didn't get to see ya yesterday
    next time

you can't shit the shitter.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    unplayed

real hc

this has a cover of PARANOID on it

this has a break on sing a simple song and is totally nambla creepy

and you never know what ya gonna find when ya get up early

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Focus!!!!!!!!!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I met a local dealer/collectro yesterday, whos a big dylan/beetles fan he dropped some jewels on me too

i asked him if he had any 45s he said he didnt collect them, then just gave me a box of em. stuff all across the boards.

there was Pucho and the group - lets get it on

is this the same as pucho and his latin soul brother?

i wish i had a camera.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    unplayed

Why do I still not have a copy of this? I never see one in person and it goes for stupid money on eBay.

Symin - are you back in NM? Good to see you get over on some stuff there.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Oh shit! Now way you just flossed Rosenshontz in finds post. I got my copy of this autographed when I went to see them when I was like 4 or 5 years old.

"Life is over and under and up and down..."

And before anyone tries to get smart, no they didn't tickle me.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yeah, isn't everyone??

youre just jealous cause he has a sick soul 45 collection of commons.

i for one would love to see dudes whole collection. catalog runs like WHAT!

keep it up killer!
    I just love 45s & no one else seems to really care about them down here so it's all good when the local spots get good runs of stock, like they are at the moment.

ha - holmes keeps all his records in his bedroom, I've seen them, its like those 'sanctuary' scenes in Indiana Jones, how he gets time to listen to them I don't know
    It's easy bro, I never listen to 'em, I just can't stop buying & I sleep better at night amongst toppling stacks of 45s knowing I have 29 Supremes 45s Seriously though, my girlfriend just pulled another local press James Brown 45, I'd never seen this one & it's pressed by Peak instead of Festival & is on dark blue with silver writing instead of white with red writing like the others, so that brings the total to 4, wonder if there's any more to find??

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    another dose of the random:

^^^purdie drums on that soul finders, i had no idea. toussaint produced that Isis,
    which i didnt know existed. the strata east only has one of the 2 LPs unfortunately.

^^^the pink floyd is an OG uk Harvest. nina is live in '85 but still nice like all her stuff.

2 square deals from jonny paycheck, and a minty Touch with an extra poster!

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts
    a record fair this saturday, fun times ...

Hey Kris ... Is that another one of those morningside fairs?? Haven't seen any posters for this one ...

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

Is that a copy of Gerardo Manuel y el Humo?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Got today:

several Poly Rythmo 45s, got luckiest with "it's a vanity", been after that one for a while.
    Fela's Zombie and Everything Scatter Nig. OG
    Two mint copies of this amazing Black Santiagos LP

and an also mint copy of the next release on Satel, also by Black Santiagos with one monster afrobeat track.
    (proper pics later)
    Nigerian issue of the Funkees "point of no return"

A whole bunch of other stuff...

Met the bass player of Poly Rythmo and the son of Gnonnas Pedro.
    Scored three copies of Gnonnas' "sweet combine" LP with "how much does love naturaly coast [sic]"

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    you sellin' those doubles???

i'm finally starting to step up my French game (thanks novasol for the Serge & Jane)...

and got some nice 45s:

a record fair this saturday, fun times ...

Hey Kris ... Is that another one of those morningside fairs?? Haven't seen any posters for this one ...
    Yeah man, that's the one, same place as last, $2 entry, 10am start I believe. Thanks for those LPs the other week too, had to park the car so didn't get to catch up. One day.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

at first i didnt know what you were talking about till i found this picture:

thats a freak out. i can only assume Gerardo borrowed the Touch poster's photo to make the graphics for its cover. Or maybe they sourced the same original?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    A few things from the last week or so...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Yeah, some might end up at Good Records NY sometime early in June...

Also got that El Rego yesterday, nice!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

at first i didnt know what you were talking about till i found this picture:

thats a freak out. i can only assume Gerardo borrowed the Touch poster's photo to make the graphics for its cover. Or maybe they sourced the same original?

Weird! When did Touch come out? Apocallypsis is his first album with El Humo, released in 1970. Their second is this one:

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Yeah, some might end up at Good Records NY sometime early in June...

Looking forward to it Frank! btw, glad to hear everything's back to semi-normal for you guys. Be well!