Favorite Bully record...

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Just picked up the Maker "elephant strut" joint...loving it, other favs include Scott Matelic "ringfinger" & Controller 7 "egg"

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• top 5:
    1.controller 7-double egg ep
    2.controller 7-expansions ep
    3.meatyogre-carne asada
    4.maker-elephant strut/ romance
    5.dj moves-a sad state of affairs

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Moodswing9-Isle of Toys

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Sixtoo - webeganhearingthings 7"

• scott matelic"ring finger"
    electro 4 "keystroke one misprint"
    c7 "The Egg"=classic!!!
    moodswing9"in the pines"
    if they get jel on bully it's over!!

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

5.dj moves-a sad state of affairs

B-FUCKING MOVIES!!!
    and anything sixtoo!!!

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    for me, it's
    1. Six Vicious - Krunk's Not Dead (gorgeous and cinematic, not to mention beautiful drums)
    2. Mat Young - Indicia (song it just ridiculous)
    3. Sixtoo - Next Soundtrack (again with the gorgeous drums)
    4. Maker - Elephant Strut (hard as hell!)

anyone got any rips of these releases

because i know alot of ther 7 inches are out of print

any help would be appreciated!!!

• This was on Mush, but I LOVE this Sixtoo/Stigg Of The Dump album:

Villain Accelerate "Maid of Gold"

• Very surprised to see a post about Bully on here.. but greatful some folks are into the stuff. Since people mentioned it, I guess it would be only right to give a small update. The new D-styles and Joe Beats 7's should be out this week. A new Joe Beats full length is coming very soon on both LP and CD. DJ Signify next full legth will be on Bully for fall release. Some other goody 7's in-between (we are still hounding Jef/Jel to do one! hopefully that will happen soon!). I just mastered a new Matth 7" as well. It will be after the others. On a Sixtoo related sidenote, I just finished a new LP for NInja, and am wrapping up art this week. It is an edit record, made from snippets of live sets recorded last year, before my laptop and mpc4k got smashed / lost respectively. I like it. Its a bit harder/faster/more evil than any other shit that I have made... but with the same kind of processing as the "mindfuck" mixtape I did a little while ago. I am going to go upload it to the "mixes" thread.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    DJ Signify next full legth will be on Bully for fall release.

Nice one. Been wondering about him ever since that Lex album he dropped awhile back. I'm looking forward to this, and yes I actually do hope he puts Buck 65 on a few trckas again

(ducks from the barage of hate)

Nice one. Been wondering about him ever since that Lex album he dropped awhile back. I'm looking forward to this, and yes I actually do hope he puts Buck 65 on a few trckas again

Buck 65 is good

Sage Francis on the other hand eh.......

what about an Odd Nosdam 7"?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Very surprised to see a post about Bully on here.. but greatful some folks are into the stuff.

Yeah, I was surprised to see this topic too. Thanks to the people who listed my eps as some of their favorites. That's always nice to hear.

• Cosign on Controller-7's ep's~~~ those are really really nice. Don't know a lot of the other releases, but I have the Maker lp on another label which is pretty sick.

Anything new on the horizon, T?

Yeah. I'm always working on something. My problem is that I tend to not want to finish anything and instead just work on about 5 projects all at once, never really getting anything done. I've got a few things almost finished though. I'll be doing another Bully EP at some point and then we'll release a cd of all of the eps.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

Yeah. I'm always working on something. My problem is that I tend to not want to finish anything and instead just work on about 5 projects all at once, never really getting anything done. I've got a few things almost finished though. I'll be doing another Bully EP at some point and then we'll release a cd of all of the eps.

sick nuts!

• Shake it Records (out of Cincy) has released 3- 7"s by Maker with Joey Beats, DJ RPM, & Scott Matelic on the B-Sides...Haven't heard them yet but you can get them at www.shakeitrecords.com...

• Controller 7, aren't you playing in Chicago with Scottie some time soon? When? Where?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Marco is that dude. Imma pick "Son Of Sakuraba" by Similahk.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Shake it Records (out of Cincy) has released 3- 7"s by Maker with Joey Beats, DJ RPM, & Scott Matelic on the B-Sides...Haven't heard them yet but you can get them at www.shakeitrecords.com...

Just ordered the set, thanks. I really dug the Ugly & Proud series they put out, as well.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    And my favorite releases so far have been the Controller 7 and Matt Kelly/P-Love/Colmar Crew EPs, definitely.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Buck 65 is good

i heard Buck 65 is scoring the new Doug Pray movie.

Controller 7, aren't you playing in Chicago with Scottie some time soon? When? Where?

yes. I'm still waiting on the details and a confirmation, but it looks like I'll be out there on April 13th. I'm not sure of the venue yet. Scott will be there djing.

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    On a Sixtoo related sidenote, I just finished a new LP for NInja, and am wrapping up art this week. It is an edit record, made from snippets of live sets recorded last year, before my laptop and mpc4k got smashed / lost respectively. I like it. Its a bit harder/faster/more evil than any other shit that I have made... but with the same kind of processing as the "mindfuck" mixtape I did a little while ago.

That sounds dope. I was wondering what the direction of the new one was gonna be. Love the Mindfuck mix.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Speaking of which - anyone know where I can get a hold of one these?

Meaty?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I dont have any spares to give... maybe Sixtoo has some? You can peep the track "Waiting for Itzuri" on my myspace... www.myspace.com/meatyogre

• Im pretty sure that one is sold out.
    I got one, but you can't have it.
    Marco Bully = bullyrecords.com

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    big up ... i just saw this post.
    Here's my cut on the Shake It records triple vinyl.

11ft.mp3

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Speaking of which - anyone know where I can get a hold of one these?

here !

• i think labcabin just re-upped the meaty one earlier this week.

i like the meaty, maker, scotty, controller 7, and sixtoo math ones. i guess those are the only ones i have, but they're all pretty fresh.