European Records..(common's that are good related)

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I heading over to Germany in 2 weeks. Planning on hitting some record spots when I have a chance. I was wondering any good common records I should be on the lookout for? just wondering....

Comments

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

• In Germany, a basic will be to check for stuffs from the MPS label, some good titles of it are quite common, some others are rarer... this if you are into jazz/jazz-funk/fusion .
    Concerning the danish lp mentioned above called Heavy Jocker, it is very very tough to find...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pekka Pohjola
    Serge Gainsbourg
    Bernard Lavilliers - Le Stephanois

Tons of jazz-funk-fusion, but with a high degree of tepidry

There are some killer European library records, but some are pricey.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    One of my favourite German LPs that's also released in the UK:

Unfortunately it's not that common but still not a big rarity.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    a couple of usual suspects:

mps records, Klaus Doldinger, Michael Naura, Krautrock ($$$)

and watch out for stunning breaks: NIAGARA

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    go for some
    tony shermon
    mouth and mcNeal
    turks fruit s/t
    any rogier van otterloo
    chris hinze
    or anything on blue or pink elephant
    de 5 van de vierdaagse s/t

and never sleep on james last

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I heading over to Germany in 2 weeks. Planning on hitting some record spots when I have a chance. I was wondering any good common records I should be on the lookout for? just wondering....

bring me back some gaerman heat plaese.

• Where are you going? I used to be Grope on Soulstrut.

Feel free to drop me a line. I could show you around. Either in Frankfurt or Stuttgart. Heck, even Hamburg.

I can generally recommend MPS and all the other well known German labels, but the good ones are hard to find... you know the deal. I think it would be best to contact local people, so yeah...

I mean it, contact me anytime. For record store recommendations, contacts and all those other things you need.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    and never sleep on james last

Primecuts, please don't spend your hardearned vacation money on crap like James Last.

I take it you're looking for quality, not eurobin poop. Europe is made up of a lot of different countries/regions each with their own commons and raers. You're going to be in Germany, get on the PMs with GropeyFipple and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction of good records that are not too hard to find/expensive where you're going. I'm pretty sure he will drop the knowledge you need.

• and never sleep on james last

Primecuts, please don't spend your hardearned vacation money on crap like James Last.

I take it you're looking for quality, not eurobin poop. Europe is made up of a lot of different countries/regions each with their own commons and raers. You're going to be in Germany, get on the PMs with GropeyFipple and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction of good records that are not too hard to find/expensive where you're going. I'm pretty sure he will drop the knowledge you need.

SAYIN'!

• Creme Fraiche: s/t

never heard of it, but that name sure does sound ish

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Creme Fraiche: s/t

never heard of it, but that name sure does sound ish

http://upskiboo.blogspot.com/

• this is common?
    i have this and always wondered if it was
    good record nonetheless

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    SAYIN'!

im sure grope euro schlager expert can cosign on this one

dont just pick up any max greger though!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    when in the lowlands.....pick up that Massada "Astaganaga" album. Easily found in any of the dutch thriftbins.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts