pussycat dolls VS. spice girls

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
okay. at this point i'm just clownin' trying to reach my 2000 post mark. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    class over trash, pussycat dolls

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

pussycat dolls = class.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Can't know the Spice.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

pussycat dolls = class.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Pussycat Dolls.

But only because they're auditioning 20 year old girls live on a reality tv show. It's like a T&A sample platter in television format!!

(I'm only weighing in on this because I was just watching the show with my girl. We enjoy a good laugh.)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Pussycat Dolls.

^^^Their current roster is smokin, especially in the NBA ABC interstitials on Sundays, wearing jerseys lol

Not so keen on the gals auditioning for the position though.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Nicole Scherzinger over BOTH groups. Well, except for the redhead in the Pussycat Dolls who can make obtuse angles with her legs, I'm alright with that.

Nicole Scherzinger over BOTH groups. Well, except for the redhead in the Pussycat Dolls who can make obtuse angles with her legs, I'm alright with that.

amen

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    you mean the trannie?

seriuosly though, the Pussycat Doll show is HI-larious.

you mean the trannie?

She does look kind of mahu-ish in that one. Eh, nevermind then. I'm still for obtuse angles. Where's Miss Scherzinger at, I still got a track for her. Jake One, hook me up.

• trannie slippin'???

peace, stein. . .

lol
    you guys are mean

she has had some work done I guess

sigh

• Can't know the Spice.

wow Posh Spice was actually beautiful once...

Spice Girls, more down to earth than the plastic, record company produced Pussycat Dolls

• okay. at this point i'm just clownin' trying to reach my 2000 post mark. peace, stein. . .

hurry up with the new Ugly Duckling album already instead of worrying about post counts...

just jokes Stein, congrats on the Fat Beats hook up

peace

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Pussycat dolls for sure. first of all buttons is a hot track, secondly theres like 9 of them!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Spice Girls, that 'two become one' song was dope.

• scurlscurl 75 Posts

Homegirl rockin' this Wonderful look gives her team the nod for me.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    can someone explain why theay are billed as a band 'the pussycat dollS' when its really only the one chick doing all the singing and the rest are just backup dancers...

am i getting old?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Spice gurls before they blew up outside of the UK was alright IMO.

can someone explain why theay are billed as a band 'the pussycat dollS' when its really only the one chick doing all the singing and the rest are just backup dancers...

am i getting old?

They were nothing more than a bunch of burlesque wanna-be's, and had been known as a group that at one point featured Carmen Electra. There was some VH-1 Divas show, and the show featured the Pussycat Dolls, this time featuring Nicole Scherzinger on vocals. Before that, anyone who cared knew that she was from Eden's Crush, which was put together as part of the reality show "Pop Stars". The Eden's Crush project failed, even though there was one very good singer with the group. Scherzinger had recorded and toured with Days Of The New (check the credits for the second album), and had done some work elsewhere. When Eden's Crush fell (only because the power of O-Town was overwhelming to the fabric of America), she stayed low key, and in fact recorded a few songs as "Nicole Kea" (see soundtrack to 50 First Dates[/b] for references). The hookup with the guy from 311 also helped put her name out in the spotlight before Pussycat Dolls blew up. Of course, if you watch the video for PSD's "Buttons", Scherzinger looks amazingly high, and you can't help but go nuts over a Hawaiian woman with glazed eyes and that snarl.

The Pussycat Dolls were never meant to be a permanent group, but Scherzinger did utilize the attention, as it lead to a deal with A&M. The album itself, as someone said, is Scherzinger handling about 98 percent of the lead AND background vocals, so it's really a Scherzinger solo album with dancers. With the exception of the hits, most of the album seemed to be quickly produced just to get product out, because some of those songs are crap.

Anyway, using PCD was done specifically to finally get her name out there, and it worked. What will be a challenge is associating the name "Nicole Scherzinger" with that face, otherwise she will just be "the Pussycat Dolls singer". It seems the industry is going for exotic-looking singers, or I should say exotic-looking talent, because Amerie is attractive, but half the time can't sing for shit. Let's face it, it's about Rich Harrison's beats. Well, and her legs. Scherzinger is not about being "all bobo out" either.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

am i getting old?

Of course, if you watch the video for PSD's "Buttons", Scherzinger looks amazingly high, and you can't help but go nuts over a Hawaiian woman with glazed eyes and that snarl.

So she's Hawaiian, I always wondered about that.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    johmbolaya,

I now know more about the PCD than i ever hoped to...

Damn you go ALL OUT with your explanations...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    all saints had some of the best voices out of those girl groups

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    en vogue

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    en vogue

compared to the shit at hand.

Ali vs. that dude who just got knocked into a coma.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    just curious: what were some no-talent-just-pretty-faces girl groups from back in the day? nowadays there is a definite proliferation. but what about the Supremes era? seems like there was less of this bullshit back in the 60's and 70's...but there must have been some of those groups getting by on the strength of T & A....obviously MTV plays a big role here; nowadays the image is paramount it seems.

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    just curious: what were some no-talent-just-pretty-faces girl groups from back in the day? nowadays there is a definite proliferation. but what about the Supremes era? seems like there was less of this bullshit back in the 60's and 70's...but there must have been some of those groups getting by on the strength of T & A....obviously MTV plays a big role here; nowadays the image is paramount it seems.

While, most small label shit from the 60's has some sour notes on it, I tend to think that was from a lack of studio time or that the girls weren't able to hear themselves properly.

Also shit just wasn't churned out left and right. More care was put into it because it was so much more serious to record some shit back in the day.

There were probably a whole slew of opening acts out there on the road that were some hot ass ladies who weren't exactly the best at singing, but I doubt many labels would throw cash at a studio on a record they were sure would bomb cuz the girls couldn't sing and pitch correction didn't exist.