epmd vs gangstarr

2»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    But wtf is it CLASSIC HIP-HOP day on the strut? How long before we have a TROY thread

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    But wtf is it CLASSIC HIP-HOP day on the strut? How long before we have a TROY thread

Enki must be loving it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Is this worth revisiting? I think I have the CD at home. I remember liking it when I got it. How has it aged?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    EPMD.

• EPMD just weren't that good

Wow. If you don't like "crack rap" OR Erick and Parrish Makin' Dollars, then (wait for it) you don't like rap. At all.

It took me years to get past Guru's voice, but once I did, I enjoyed plenty of Gangstarr. Not on the level that I've always enjoyed EPMD, though. And while I don't care if I never hear "Dwyck" again, I may never tire of "You Gots To Chill."

And if we extend this battle to solo records, Erick Sermon kills every Jazzamatazz anything.

(No comment on PMD's solo joint.)

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

And if we extend this battle to solo records, Erick Sermon kills every Jazzamatazz anything.

except for those dope jazzmatazz promo tshirts. wish i still had mine.

Is this worth revisiting? I think I have the CD at home. I remember liking it when I got it. How has it aged?

Yes, it is worth revisiting. Overlooked IMO.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Certainly are tons of great Gang Starr tunes...

but nothing is fucking with EPMD.

• Is this worth revisiting? I think I have the CD at home. I remember liking it when I got it. How has it aged?

i don't know if it aged all that well to be honest, checkin me out still sounds fresh,i find the rest of it a bit these days.

gangstarr by the way.

i don't know if it aged all that well to be honest, checkin me out still sounds fresh,i find the rest of it a bit these days.

gangstarr by the way.

How old are you?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Doesn't Premier get to play?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

the advance is better imo. sounds more raw and some of the tracks have different production. it might be on CD but i think i only had it on tape.

it was THE sdtk at the time for me and my boy jason. we used to rock this on the way to deco on tuesdays for the beat lounge while drinking 40s of old E and eating chili fritos (thats chili dumped on top of fritos in the bag and not the flavoring). maybe this should of gone into the worst farts thread...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

(No comment on PMD's solo joint.)

"You're gellin me more than niggaz at PMD shows be yellin for E."

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Cool I will check it out. I remember buying most of CDs in that Def Jam 2000 series. I remember listening El Nino more than the others though.