Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

2»

Comments

• I've been digesting that 10/29/07 Highline Ballroom show in NYC.

you were there? that was the show I opened for them. not the indie rock band, but before that.

• Anybody got the hookup for those CD-Rs, or know a good way to have them mailed to europe? I can't mess w/ Amazon/iTunes Mp3 downloads

• the japanese brass in africa 45 is sold out in most places, but there should still be some copies out there. Released last week and even better imho is this:

Hypnotic's rework of a Tony Allen tracks on the Honest Jons label. listen.

More: a track from their latest cdr and their classic first 10" ( side a / side b)

Enjoy batches!

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    the japanese brass in africa 45 is sold out in most places, but there should still be some copies out there. Released last week and even better imho is this:

Hypnotic's rework of a Tony Allen tracks on the Honest Jons label. listen.

More: a track from their latest cdr and their classic first 10" ( side a / side b)

Enjoy batches!

They have the tony allen on dustygroove

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    loosely related but the Carl Craig rmx of Tony Allen's Kilode is SLAYING DACNEFLOORS right abooot now!

• i love these dudes. a couple times i walked downtown and ran into them killing it on a random corner.
    i would just kick it for a while
    RAW

• I got the empeethreees of their first CD-R Album which I think is the green one featuring the baliky bone track and also of the NY Live gig CD-R.

I heart this music so much that I would prefer to donate cash or something instead of just uploading the mp3s to some webspace and have everyone and their moms download this great music without support this artists. Suggestions?

Btw if you're in NY and see these guys now and then or perhaps even know somebody whos linked with them, please buy me the real CD-Rs and ill pay for em, the shipping and some extra for your time, since I really feel this band needs more support.

if you cant resist and will die unless you have these mp3s I guess a PM would do the job

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    really feeling them at the moment. they`ve signed to tru thoughts, no?

• they`ve signed to tru thoughts, no?

No. that would be the Hot 8 brass band

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    best show i saw this summer

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

holy shit.

Saw them do shaft in africa as the last song of their set @ Harbourfront Centre in toronto this summer... ahhhhh so so dope!

Briefly spoke with them after the show and they are all mad cool dudes...they told me I could probably get their 10" in London .. that shit is so so out of print and unattainable it isn't even funny.

I need to buy that 7" now! also the Tony allen cover is dopeness

• That 7' is DOPE.

I can only find it in Japan and I'm not really down to drop $20 on a 45 right before Christmas.

Secret Santa, where you at?

• i need a late pass on these cats. HOT!