Rep those grail you have in shitty condition

2»

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

I love the mold on this. It makes this already impossibly raw recording even rawer. I would never want a cleaner copy of this.

Disc is practically mint tho.

(hi everyone.)

I seriously wouldn't let that near my collection because it looks like the mold would just eat through it! Is the red part of the mold too?

Freejazz-hungry mold demon.

Yeah its all mold. I love that this record is literally alive.

(Acutally its all dried and I keep it in a seperate LP case to avoid the above.)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have an O.V. Wright "Nucleus of Soul" 1st press on Backbeat
    that is roached, guy gave it to me for a buck "for the cover"
    but you know I played that shit when I got home - played ok,
    crazy noise but no skips.

Also have a Jamaican OG Jackie Mittoo "Now" on Studio One,
    not scratched but so fully worn that the hiss outplays the
    music ... still, it looks nice in my collection.

Some others ... um, a warped Donald Austin "Crazy Legs" LP
    on Eastbound, etc, etc

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I love the mold on this. It makes this already impossibly raw recording even rawer. I would never want a cleaner copy of this.

(hi everyone.)

^^^^^ASSHURT EXCUSES

I love when you little dudes are all like "I don't even want a clean copy"

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

(hi everyone.)

^^^^^ASSHURT EXCUSES

I love when you little dudes are all like "I don't even want a clean copy"

everyone who buys records and likes to collect them wants to upgrade...

im still surprised theres no "little dude alert" graemlin. i guess it would hurt the feelings of most of the board members.

im still surprised theres no "little dude alert" graemlin.

• This is G, but a sentimental fave.

listen you you clowns, i've been tracking down shit with my own two feet and hands for ten years. I dont sit behind a computer and snipe for NM or better. If you think I couldnt get a better copy of anything I own n the real world or virtual. I happen to take pride in imperfection, and appreciatte the moments where real life intervenes and is not sealed in cellophane.

i've been tracking shit with my own two feet

Dude, that's what a "welcome mat" is for.

Better yet, just take your shoes off when you get home.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    listen you you clowns, i've been tracking down shit with my own two feet and hands for ten years. I dont sit behind a computer and snipe for NM or better. If you think I couldnt get a better copy of anything I own n the real world or virtual. I happen to take pride in imperfection, and appreciatte the moments where real life intervenes and is not sealed in cellophane.

YOU SOUND BROKE

come on fellas, you can do better

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Heat-warp that makes the first 5 grooves completely unplayable. Rest is okay, though...and best believe I will play this bad boy out. Would certainly like a nicer copy, but I'm not trying to shell out that type of cash.

I have a copy of Deep Heat on CuWu that's pretty fuggin busted. Recently got a real clean one though so it's all smiles.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

found this on the wall at Atomic for less than $80. It plays perfect except for a deeeeeep gouge in "feed me good" that clicks for 2/4 of the song. It doesn't bother me as much any more considering how much I like the rest of the album too.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

F/G for the first :35. VG+ after that.

Scratch doctors wanted needed.

im still surprised theres no "little dude alert" graemlin.

if its not on the list then i dont know about it.

i dont save graemlins.

i leave that to yall who know how to use computers... cause i dont.

I happen to take pride in imperfection, and appreciatte the moments where real life intervenes and is not sealed in cellophane.

hahah... alright, go on with yer pride parade

i leave that to yall who know how to use computers... cause i dont.

Yeah, I guess it's unfair to call someone disconnected for
    not having archives ... I actually don't have them saved, I
    just have this one link bookmarked, and it comes in handy:

with props to bapt

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Good god, man, kill that thing--it's an affront to all decent record collectors.

kill that thing

It's slowly killing itself.

FINISH IT OFF!

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    as i've mentioned, i've got the og deep groove new jazz eric dolphy at the 5 spot vol. 1 but it sounds like bacon.

i also have a totally fucked og of miles davis "walkin", but luckily, I have a later pressing that plays fine.

i actually have a good amount of these in bad condition, are they actually worth anything, i always save all my blue note originals even if they are in bad condition...like say if a friend finds the record but no cover then i can give it to them. i sold some of these on ebay and clearly mentioned that they were not collectors copies and in bad condition and listed them for .99cents.

and of course i got someone in tokyo that wanted groud shipping on all of them...