somebody is going to be pissed

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
What is the deal with this guy's prices? First a $1000 sealed "what's going on," a $700 sealed meters (erroneously claiming things like "josie label reissues do not exist") and now this? Somebody is going to be pissed once they realize it's a repress. Actually I think the bidder is a soulstrutter, but I can't remember who at the mo. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140088182381

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    When was the Invaders LP first repressed--like mid-90's?

• As far as I know the first reissue was the swedish one, from '97 I think. After that there have been at least 3 different pressings, this one being the most recent.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I love the question marks in the description good way to feign ignorance.

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts

Somebody is going to be pissed once they realize it's a repress. Actually I think the bidder is a soulstrutter, but I can't remember who at the mo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140088182381

alright its me. you see, I was tryng to step my game up and thought I could shine as hard as (mi tocayo) Reynaldo if I dropped seven bills on a record like that one.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I love the question marks in the description good way to feign ignorance.

Hey - he is obviously a generous guy!

I sent the seller a nice email letting him know it's a repress, and got into this weird email exchange. He was absolutely reluctant to admit it was a repress, even though he had never seen a copy before in his life. Try to do someone a favor... eesh.

Here is a snip of one of the emails:

I am inclined to believe you [that is is a repress].... Just to be on the safe side, I left some room for error, cautioning bidders that they may or may not receive the original pressing.

I have compared my copy with the one that sold for almost $600.00 and I can tell you that they are completely identical -- except that the seller of that other item provided blurry and hazy images[/b], leaving a lot to imagination.

He also apparently insists on claiming things like JOSIE REISSUES DO NOT EXIST (of the meters), which is simply false.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    POSSIBLY THE ORIGINAL BAHAMAS PRESSING (?). SORRY, WE DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT IT IS.

I wouldn't be paying that much loot for a record that came with a discription like this.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    POSSIBLY AN ORIGINAL PRESSING BUT WE WILL 100% TAKE YOUR MONEY.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HIGH BIDS.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This seller has been co-signed as being a legit guy. His auctions seem a kinda $$$, but maybe he's getting the same customers as AP? That description on the Invaders is not so hot.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This seller has been co-signed as being a legit guy.

Well, in my book, the co-signers are as dirty as this guy. YOU KNOW A CRIME IS BEING COMMITED AND YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT IT = YOU ARE DIRTY.

DIRTY RECORD MAFIOSOS

• $500 LYN COLLINS RECORD!!!!

"BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL PURPLE, WHITE AND BLACK ???PEOPLE??? LABEL WITH THE STYLIZED FACES OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN PEOPLE ON IT."

SONIC

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I hate these types of sellers. Better yet, there was even one seller that didn't even answer my simple question of "is this an original pressing?". And they put shit like "rare" in their description. A repress ain't rare bitch!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dusty Groove description jacking!! Nice one!!!

(I remember that one cuz it always pissed me off, they're not convinced its 'authentic')

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

$500 LYN COLLINS RECORD!!!!

"BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL PURPLE, WHITE AND BLACK ???PEOPLE??? LABEL WITH THE STYLIZED FACES OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN PEOPLE ON IT."

SONIC

That one is an OG, but damn!! Def a case of bonkers sealed guys there......

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I got to get back to the record store...

and get some more of these.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    When folks buy a sealed record for $$$, they're either going to 1) Keep it sealed, instantly baubleizing it, or they're going to 2) Open it For The First Time Ever In The History Of The World and risk finding a warped record. Either way, it's a ridiculous fetish. The term "virgin vinyl" freaks me out.

This auction list was fucking insane. Bob must have made close to six figures. Carol King's Tapestry for $100, counting shipping. Layla for more than $800. Waiting For The Sun for more than 920. Alice Cooper for 130 without the penis-thumb. I mean, just LOOK at this shit.

Lord, what fools these mortals be
    b/w
    I'm glad (so glad) I don't collect White music