NCAA brackets on yahoo (2007 edition)

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Either you guys are broke or you have no confidence in your brackets...
    Ya'll are on some new age, we don't keep score, it's just for fun style.
    Put your monies up softies!
    Then I'll stop "crying"!
    I'm calling you out!

Please stop. Your rambling and "call-outs" are completely annoying. You started a bracket thread after this one was set up, yet you act like you were the first to the party, aside from the fact that you're asking people to put $ on it when most of us just want to do this for fun.

Seriously, blow up your own thread with the sad-faced whining, not one that is about to be on and popping.

Thanks.

Jeez I guess I struck a chord with Drewn. It's all in good fun...
    Shit talking is a Soul Strut pass time, that just gets ramped up
    when it comes to sports.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    I'm not mad at anyone, I did a bracket for this pool and
    hope to do well.
    I just like putting some money on it, but if others don't, more power to them.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    last time i won an ncaa bracket was in 1995. i had ucla going all the way. thank you tyus edney! george zidek where ya at!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    today (wed) is pretty much the last day to complete your brackets. don't forget!

• the champ is back, fools. i'll send a record to the winner...must mean i'll be keeping one for myself...jyeah!

(for the record, this is the second time in my life i've defended a tourney pool title; last time, i brought up the rear. ay.yo.)

• Damn. Couldn't get in this morning cos of stinkin' WebSense.

I got: Florida, Kansas, Aggies, Hoyas

Florida over Aggies

Some upsets: Creighton over Memphis in Rd. 2. Holy Cross. Illinois. Old Dominion. Irish over Ducks.

Love the tourney!!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    And it begins... bye bye productivity

(for the record, this is the second time in my life i've defended a tourney pool title; last time, i brought up the rear. ay.yo.)

That was me last year... had 2 years ago pretty much pegged, notsomuch last year!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Some upsets: Creighton over Memphis in Rd. 2. Holy Cross. Illinois. Old Dominion. Irish over Ducks.

What about today's upsets? I did two brackets, and picked Davidson over Maryland in one, Stanford over Louisville in the other. I think ODU is a given.

• Some upsets: Creighton over Memphis in Rd. 2. Holy Cross. Illinois. Old Dominion. Irish over Ducks.

What about today's upsets? I did two brackets, and picked Davidson over Maryland in one, Stanford over Louisville in the other. I think ODU is a given.

Davidson pick is looking good early.

In the games right now, for my bracket at work: Maryland, BC and Louisville.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• Word. I took the "floor-slappers" in that one. Sorry.

Man I hope so... I hate Duke oh so much!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I think I picked duke, but I will be cheering for VCU tonight.

HATERS!

I think ODU is a given.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who made this mistake!

I think ODU is a given.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who made this mistake!

Raises hand... I almost changed it because it seemed too obvious an upset to be an upset, but noooo.

Also looks like GW is shaping up to be a severe disappointment... down 25 at the half.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    looks like this year is blow out city.

no higher seeds have won (except maybe mich st but they are a 9 seed), and only one game closer than 10 points.

weak!

wasn't there supposed to be a lot of parity in college basketball !?

oh yeah i think mich state is going to beat unc in the second round. couldn't officially go with that pick but i can feel it (that is if they beat marquette).

dave

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Goodbye Duke!

Yes, there is a god!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• i don't mind seeing duke go down, but i've never gotten the haet on them. 15 or so years ago, they were the team that couldn't win the big one; now, "ugggh...i'm so sick of them". i mean, sure, their white like me and all, but they weren't always this hatable juggernaut. for a long time, they were the always a bridesmaid bunch.

hell of a win for VCU. credit where due (i had them losing in round 2 to WSU; i was rooting for the MACattack.)

• oops...i think wsu is now in the horizon league...godamn reallignment.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Goodbye Duke!

Yes, there is a god!

Amen. To quote Coach K, "They kicked our butts." I wouldn't call a two-point loss a butt kicking, but it's still glorious.

Tomorrow...GO DUCKS GO! FIGHT DUCKS FIGHT! GO! FIGHT! WIN DUCKS WIN!

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    i don't mind seeing duke go down, but i've never gotten the haet on them. i mean, sure, their white like me and all, but they weren't always this hatable juggernaut. for a long time, they were the always a bridesmaid bunch.

haha funny comment.

Whatcha think about Xavier vs. OSU next round?

• i only watched a little today, and half the time the tv was on i was doing something else. but there didn't seem to be that many exciting games today. a few were close for a while, and i think two came down to the final seconds, but overall not nearly as exciting as last year was for me.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Tomorrow...GO DUCKS GO! FIGHT DUCKS FIGHT! GO! FIGHT! WIN DUCKS WIN!

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

• i don't mind seeing duke go down, but i've never gotten the haet on them. i mean, sure, their white like me and all, but they weren't always this hatable juggernaut. for a long time, they were the always a bridesmaid bunch.

haha funny comment.

Whatcha think about Xavier vs. OSU next round?

Imma bleed muskie blue on this one. I love the midwest midmajors; my dad taught at Miami (oh) and my mom taught at Butler growing up. I always root XU for regional loyalty, from back in the days when Tyronne Hill and Derek Strong led them past Georgetown and their twintowers of Mourning and Mutumbo. So, i'm pulling for X. i stayed up late to watch them lose to tom penders and texas as a youth....man, that was the year that made me fall in love with the tournament.

Don't think they're gonna win though, as my bracket entry reflects.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Don't think they're gonna win though, as my bracket entry reflects.

I find you lack of faith disturbing.

People with Ohio St. in their final four must be pretty nervous right now.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

LEWIS FOR 3!!! PEOPLE...HOLD ON.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

dont count them out just yet! a three to tie?!!! are you freaking kidding me. gotta love march madness!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

dont count them out just yet! a three to tie?!!! are you freaking kidding me. gotta love march madness!

Word, Buckeyes are just rollin over dudes now.