TEXASTRUT POSEUR RADIO

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited March 2005 in Strut Central
Driving home tonight I heard the following on the local BLAZING HIPHOP AND R'N'B station, K97.5:

1. "Still Tippin"
2. Promos for a big contest to win THE B.COMING, centered around a radio show that will be playing most of the album cuts.
3. A "Battle of the Beats" contest that pit Slim Thugg's "Feel Beautiful"(?) against Paul Wall's "Sitting Sideways." I got home before the listeners called in with their pick between Jazze Pha's slick Curtis Mayfield impression or Still Tippin pt. 2, but it might be tough.

All I needed was for mylatency to tell me I rocked, J*nny to tell him how lame it was that he was into TX rap, and Archaic to say that Austin middle school students invented the number 97.5 and I would have felt right at home.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    3. A "Battle of the Beats" contest that pit Slim Thugg's "Feel Beautiful"(?) against Paul Wall's "Sitting Sideways."

Paul Wall's "Sitting Sideways."

Plaese to call in my vote.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you rock

no, no further texas rap discussion, plaese

someone's going to get angry

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    real headz know the deal...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Driving home tonight I heard the following on the local BLAZING HIPHOP AND R'N'B station, K97.5:

1. "Still Tippin"
    2. Promos for a big contest to win THE B.COMING, centered around a radio show that will be playing most of the album cuts.
    3. A "Battle of the Beats" contest that pit Slim Thugg's "Feel Beautiful"(?) against Paul Wall's "Sitting Sideways." I got home before the listeners called in with their pick between Jazze Pha's slick Curtis Mayfield impression or Still Tippin pt. 2, but it might be tough.

All I needed was for mylatency to tell me I rocked, J*nny to tell him how lame it was that he was into TX rap, and Archaic to say that Austin middle school students invented the number 97.5 and I would have felt right at home.

Funny cuz for the first time in ages I grew tired of CDs and happened to catch this very same sequence of events

The beat on the PW song was bananacakes but the rhymes were rather pedestrian... it was so weird hearing that cuz I really don't know if the 13 year olds who place all the votes would care for either song

If I had know the prize for listening to the top 8 at 8 was a hunnert bucks and a B Coming CD I might've tried for it myself though... nearly every song was great anyway

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

1. "Still Tippin"

sittin sideways is dope.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I was watching the Still Tippin video with my east coast homie and dude was like, "how can yall like these dudes? THEY CAN'T RAP!" hahahaha

I'm bout to flood the whole city with dimes

This link does not work my friend

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Yall know I LOVE this shit but this right here:
    The beat on the PW song was bananacakes but the rhymes were rather pedestrian...
    is pretty much southern rap in a nutshell

Yall know I LOVE this shit but this right here:
    The beat on the PW song was bananacakes but the rhymes were rather pedestrian...
    is pretty much southern rap in a nutshell

C'mon man give em a lil more credit than that...

Usually there's at least a few zingers that keep all the candy paint/wood grain/purple stuff interesting, at least with this dude...

C'mon man give em a lil more credit than that...

Usually there's at least a few zingers that keep all the candy paint/wood grain/purple stuff interesting, at least with this dude...
    Well, like I said I love it to death but the rappers are usually pretty straight forward, not a whole lot of metaphore or subtlety which is fine. I'm not saying it's bad to have pedestrian rhymes. Pretty much to the contrary I think they complement the music perfectly and it's so much about how you say it verses what you say. Don't take this as me dissing TX or southern rap b/c that couldn't be farther from the truth.

• not a whole lot of metaphore

dog, i think you are missing something. a lot of these dudes do nothing but make up metaphors.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I'm with you. Texas RADIO sucks. I almost never listen to the radio anymore. The only good rap you'll ever hear on the radio is on the college stations sometimes.

dog, i think you are missing something. a lot of these dudes do nothing but make up metaphors.
    Give me some examples. Are you talking about slang or words w/ double meanings or are you talking about serious metaphores. MAybe I don't know what a metaphore is are there any in these songs for example: "Still Tippin'" "no Problems" What you Gon Do" "Real Big" "24's" "3 Kings"? I guess what I'm asking is when does a metaphore stop being one and just become slang or a double meaning? Or is that all a metaphore is? Anyway I'm not trying to hate on southern rap.