Book about Dr Dre's life in the Studio.

mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Might be interesting.Book about Dr Dre's life in the studio from allhiphop.com Author Jake Brown Chronicles Dr. Dre???s Life In The StudioBy Danielle HarlingDate: 3/7/2007 10:20 amWith a considerable number of books on the market illustrating the biography of famed producer Dr. Dre, a new book sets out to focus on Dr. Dre???s life and times in the studio.Dr. Dre: In The Studio by author Jake Brown will focus on Dr. Dre???s various undertakings in the studio and the writing and production techniques used to create such classic albums as Straight Outta Compton and The Chronic.Already the author of several Hip-Hop biography???s, Brown, will have his latest work Dr. Dre: In The Studio published later this month by Colossus Books, a subsidiary of Amber Communications Group, Inc.Dr. Dre: In The Studio will chronicle the life of Dr. Dre and will include everything from his first experiences with music as a curious three year-old to his humble beginnings as a young deejay to his life as one Hip-Hop???s top producers.Readers will also get an in-depth look at Dr. Dre???s relationships with The World Class Wrecking Crew, N.W.A., Suge Knight, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and others.Brown's previous books include 50 Cent: No Holds Barred, Suge Knight - The Rise, Fall and Rise of Death Row Records, and Ready to Die: The Story of Biggie Smalls - Notorious BIG.Dr. Dre: In The Studio will makes its world-wide debut at BookExpo America, the largest annual book trade fair in the country which will take place in New York at the Jacob Javits Convention Center from May 31 to June 3.In related news, Dr. Dre recently revealed details on highly anticipated album Detox on Los Angeles radio station Power 106."I'm trying to get everybody that I've ever worked with over the years to appear on the record," Dre said. "Trust me, this will be worth the wait--I'm trying to make this the one they remember me for."Detox will feature guest appearances by established artists like Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, as well new artists Bishop Lamont and Slim the Mobster.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Detox will feature guest appearances Busta Rhymes.

reading this sentence it just struck me: an artist that I liked and respected for years now evokes nothing but a physically negative reaction in me. I wish Busta would retire. I never want to see or hear his Busta ass ever again.

yes mad doggie.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

from 94-99 i would anticipate busta's guest verses and singles, now the mere mention of him guesting on a song is realy quite un-appealing.

peace,xavier

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    evokes nothing but a physically negative reaction in me

Co-fuckin-sign!

Disappear already.

• what about busta on that "promise" remix, he didn't bring it like R Kelly but he had some good lines in there.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    huh, I find Busta still quite capable of coming with hot verses. I mean, he's never had entirely great albums, be serious. He's a hot verse kinda guy, a hot song kinda guy. He still got 'em.

In related news, I downlaoded some kind of Detox single a few days back, it has 3 tracks supposedly from Detox: Next Episode 2006 (feat. Snoop), After U Die (feat. Rakim), and Smokin' Weed 4 Hours. I'm listening right now for the first time. Has anybody else heard these? Next Episode 2006 isn't moving me thus far, but I will reserve judgment for when I can properly bang it out the speakers.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i know the rakim song is from his shelved aftermath album. did anybody else read that discography that scratch had of all the detox beats/verses that ended up on other songs?

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    huh, I find Busta still quite capable of coming with hot verses. I mean, he's never had entirely great albums, be serious. He's a hot verse kinda guy, a hot song kinda guy. He still got 'em.

In related news, I downlaoded some kind of Detox single a few days back, it has 3 tracks supposedly from Detox: Next Episode 2006 (feat. Snoop), After U Die (feat. Rakim), and Smokin' Weed 4 Hours. I'm listening right now for the first time. Has anybody else heard these? Next Episode 2006 isn't moving me thus far, but I will reserve judgment for when I can properly bang it out the speakers.

Yeah I've had these for over a year now. After You Die is from the Rakim project that was shelved. Smokin Weed for Hours is cool.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i know the rakim song is from his shelved aftermath album. did anybody else read that discography that scratch had of all the detox beats/verses that ended up on other songs?

I haven't been following the trails of Detox (I'll believe it when I see it), but I've had this Snoop weed metaphor track called "Sunshine" or something like that for years now. Nice, mellow beat. Did that ever end up getting used for anything? I liked that one.

• I haven't been following the trails of Detox (I'll believe it when I see it), but I've had this Snoop weed metaphor track called "Sunshine" or something like that for years now. Nice, mellow beat. Did that ever end up getting used for anything? I liked that one.

Care to zshare.com that?

• choleracholera 101 Posts

I haven't been following the trails of Detox (I'll believe it when I see it), but I've had this Snoop weed metaphor track called "Sunshine" or something like that for years now. Nice, mellow beat. Did that ever end up getting used for anything? I liked that one.

Care to zshare.com that?

Actually, I wouldn't hearing them too. For some reason or another, I've never been able to hear these tracks.

Care to zshare.com that?

yezzir.

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Thanks man! I can't download these right now, but I will for sure when I get home.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Care to zshare.com that?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10-dr-dre-its-you-i-adore-sunshine-mp3.html

And I would definitely be interested in checking that Dre book if it's not too cheezoid.

Care to zshare.com that?

huh, i'm retarded, i thought you were asking me to upload the supposed detox single. ah well, i'll learn to read one day.