THE OFFICIAL NBA FINALS THREAD

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    a true dynasty like the spurs

the Spurs are not a dynasty

• yes!!!!

it's nice to see detroit get their fuckin karma for the indiana game.
    this series proves that they could only beat good teams if they are injured.
    detroit will never be a true dynasty like the spurs, lakers, bulls, rockets. they're straight garbage.
    I bid farewell to the most overrated coach in sports: larry brown. do you blame him for leaving such a gutless no-class organization. they're fans are glutless too.

lame

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yes!!!!

detroit will never be a true dynasty like the spurs, lakers, bulls, rockets. they're straight garbage.
    I bid farewell to the most overrated coach in sports: larry brown. do you blame him for leaving such a gutless no-class organization. they're fans are glutless too.

lame

bitter

• i gave props where SA deserved them and didn't throw out insults at their organization.

lame.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i gave props where SA deserved them and didn't throw out insults at their organization.

lame.

i'm not talkin about you, but those gutless fools who incited a riot.

-NO-CLASS FANS!!!

• no-class fans exist in detroit, this is true.

i am also a fan and most aren't like that.

either way, go celebrate!

peace.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    MANU IS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.[/b]

i have said time and time again. MANU IS THE ONE THAT ENERGIZES THIS CLUB, IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIM, THE SPURS WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN PAST THE 2ND ROUND. the only true warrior on this otherwise bitch-ass Spurs team.

Duncan DID NOT come through during pressure situations in this series. Therefore he DOES NOT DESERVE MVP. Sure he got 25pts, he also took 27shots. Manu had 23 pts, off of 13 shots. you do the math. He is the one that ignited the Spurs run, and opened up the court for Duncan to get good looks.

Games 1 and 2 were won by Manu.

This last game was won by Manu.

That to me equates to the honor of MVP award.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Better the Spurs than the Lakers I say! Unless the lakers pick up Lebron and get rid of Kobe.... I still like the Pistons as a whole team better, if they put that game on the steet Detroit wouild have swept... But to the SA fans good job...

I still like the Pistons as a whole team better

It took me about 5 games into the series to realize that the Spurs were a bunch of pansies besides Manu, who took the initiative.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i have said time and time again. MANU IS THE ONE THAT ENERGIZES THIS CLUB, IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIM, THE SPURS WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN PAST THE 2ND ROUND. the only true warrior on this otherwise bitch-ass Spurs team.

Duncan DID NOT come through during pressure situations in this series. Therefore he DOES NOT DESERVE MVP. Sure he got 25pts, he also took 27shots. Manu had 23 pts, off of 13 shots. you do the math. He is the one that ignited the Spurs run, and opened up the court for Duncan to get good looks.

That's str8t bullshit. What games were you watching. Manu gets his opportunities from the spacing created by double teams on THE MVP TIM DUNCAN!!!!!!
    Just because Manu's style is visually attractive doesn't diminish the play of the other Spurs. Where was Manu in games 5 and 6? Inside out Basketball------Its so simple to comprehend.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yes!!!!

dood.. we took it to game 7. yea we didnt win, but you got atleast admit it was a tough battle. your rhetoric is like it was some sorta upset.

sucks we lost, but im still proud we got it that far ya know. so happy we won game 6. so happy we gave em a run for their money... but so sad that its gonna be SO hard next year to come back unless joey d comes up with some crazy ish.

Enjoy it while it last... cause being on top isnt as fun as it seems ( seriously... lost 3 years off my life span cause of this).

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    btav speaks truth. If anyone out there can't appreciate what the Pistons did this year in the face of all that was abound, then I don't know what else to say to you.

I'm very proud of my team and am looking forward to another great season.

btav speaks truth. If anyone out there can't appreciate what the Pistons did this year in the face of all that was abound, then I don't know what else to say to you.

I'm very proud of my team and am looking forward to another great season.

Its good to hear healthy sportsmanship and not knee-jerkreactionaryknucklehead speak.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I still like the Pistons as a whole team better

It took me about 5 games into the series to realize that the Spurs were a bunch of pansies besides Manu, who took the initiative.

Seems like the Spurs were tough enough to win the rings--and to have to play many different styles of basketball to do it. And I don't see how you can say Bowen wasn't a man and a half. That block on Chauncy's three late in the fourth?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

"yes!!!!
    I bid farewell to the most overrated coach in sports: larry brown. do you blame him for leaving such a gutless no-class organization."[/b]

That's str8t bullshit. What games were you watching. Manu gets his opportunities from the spacing created by double teams on THE MVP TIM DUNCAN!!!!!!
    Just because Manu's style is visually attractive doesn't diminish the play of the other Spurs. Where was Manu in games 5 and 6? Inside out Basketball------Its so simple to comprehend.

i thought i discussed this already. Manu and Duncan are both important, but everyone thinks Duncan is a no-brainer MVP, but HE AIN'T!!!! DUNCAN IS A MOTHERFUCKIN' CHOKER. HOW MANY FREETHROWS DID THAT FUCKER MAKE, WHEN THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE?
    HOW MANY 15FT, BANK SHOTS DID HE MAKE WHEN THE GAME WAS TIGHT?
    THAT TIP-IN THAT COULD'VE WON THE GAME IN GAME 5????
    HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE PASSED THE BALL TO A "WIDE-OPEN" MAN???!
    Manu is the one that creates movement.[/b] Duncan attracted the double team, and he'd dump it out out of desperation...HOW IS THAT HELPING THE TEAM?!

Manu's style is attractive and EFFECTIVE. HE'S THE ONE THAT IGNITED THAT SPURS RUN to win the game. Once the Pistons were worried about the perimeter, then the inside got more open. Then Duncan put up 2fters with McDyess guarding him. He hits a wide-open baseline jumper from Manu's assist. AND HE GETS MVP FOR THAT?!
    you gotta be kidding me. Duncan was far from stellar in this series.

The games that Manu didn't do well in, the Spurs lost. He is the catalyst to this team.[/b] We can argue all day as to whose important. Just give Manu his propers is all i'm saying.

For the record, there was no "space created by Duncan being double-teamed". i honestly saw like two instances of that in the last game.

The inside-out game would have been more effective if Duncan was more effective in the paint. He was not, he was being clobbered by Detroit most of the series.
    and it wasn't doing shit for the team.

i thought i discussed this already. Manu and Duncan are both important, but everyone thinks Duncan is a no-brainer MVP, but HE AIN'T!!!! DUNCAN IS A MOTHERFUCKIN' CHOKER. HOW MANY FREETHROWS DID THAT FUCKER MAKE, WHEN THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE?
    HOW MANY 15FT, BANK SHOTS DID HE MAKE WHEN THE GAME WAS TIGHT?
    THAT TIP-IN THAT COULD'VE WON THE GAME IN GAME 5????
    HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE PASSED THE BALL TO A "WIDE-OPEN" MAN???!
    Manu is the one that creates movement.[/b] Duncan attracted the double team, and he'd dump it out out of desperation...HOW IS THAT HELPING THE TEAM?!

Manu's style is attractive and EFFECTIVE. HE'S THE ONE THAT IGNITED THAT SPURS RUN to win the game. Once the Pistons were worried about the perimeter, then the inside got more open. Then Duncan put up 2fters with McDyess guarding him. He hits a wide-open baseline jumper from Manu's assist. AND HE GETS MVP FOR THAT?!
    you gotta be kidding me. Duncan was far from stellar in this series.

The games that Manu didn't do well in, the Spurs lost. He is the catalyst to this team.[/b] We can argue all day as to whose important. Just give Manu his propers is all i'm saying.

Get off his dick. This Manu dude is overrated. Put any fuckin all-star foward in his place. Put him on any team and he turns into Stojakovic. Put Tim on any other team and ........ you know the rest.

sounds similar to the Shaq story eh?

YOUR ARGUMENT IS WEAK! JUST LIKE DUNCAN IN THE CLUTCH!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

YOUR ARGUMENT IS WEAK! JUST LIKE DUNCAN IN THE CLUTCH!

Somebody is about to get WORKED, SON!

YOU ARGUMENT IS WEAK! JUST LIKE DUNCAN IN THE CLUTCH!

Son, Duncan has the award. He iced the free throws last night when it counted. Your reality is not THE reality. Tim Duncan did his thing last night. What game did you watch? He had crazy touches all game. Check the boxes. Your like one of those people who still vote for Shawn Bradley on the AllStar Ballot.

However, he will NOT be the MVP, nor should he be. As long as Tim is playing, he will be MVP, just like Shaq on the Lakers, Kobe played awesome, but you just can't understate the impact Tim or Shaq have on opponents' defensive game.

YOU ARGUMENT IS WEAK! JUST LIKE DUNCAN IN THE CLUTCH!

Son, Duncan has the award. He iced the free throws last night when it counted. Your reality is not THE reality. Tim Duncan did his thing last night. What game did you watch? He had crazy touches all game. Check the boxes. Your like one of those people who still vote for Shawn Bradley on the AllStar Ballot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. ICED HIS FREE THROWS???! YEA, CUZ THE SPURS WERE UP BY 4!!!!

crazy touches? AYO.

Check the Boxes:

Duncan: 10 for 27 (25pts). 11 boards. 5 turnovers.
    Manu: 8 for 13 (23pts). 4 assists. 3 turnovers.

Shawn Bradley?

" Manu is the one that creates movement."

YOU MUST LEARN!!! Yor said earlier that you havent watched alot of basketball previous to the series. Maybe a with a little more research and you'll be able to see how the Spurs' Franchise has been built around a type of offense that works from the paint to the perimeter.

Ps................I'M TIM DUNCAN BIAAAAAAAATCH.

YOU MUST LEARN!!! Yor said earlier that you havent watched alot of basketball previous to the series. Maybe a with a little more research and you'll be able to see how the Spurs' Franchise has been built around a type of offense that works from the paint to the perimeter.

FUCK YO' COUCH---------FUCK YOUR COUCH!!!!!

you made me wait that long for this?

Go back and read my posts man... WEAK.

How many times in this series did you see him burn his man and the help defender??! He creates movement.

Sure the offensive set is made so that Duncan gets touches in the paint, but seriously he was not too effective in this series.

Manu was a HUGE reason why the Spurs won those 4 games. Duncan was not stellar.

MANY PEOPLE TAKE ESTABLISHED REPS AS TRUTHS, and i think that is truly wack.

p.s. i think Duncan is a humble person and a great competitor. He just choked a lot in this series, and won the honor out of pure reputation.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    However, he will NOT be the MVP, nor should he be. As long as Tim is playing, he will be MVP, just like Shaq on the Lakers, Kobe played awesome, but you just can't understate the impact Tim or Shaq have on opponents' defensive game.

I don't get it, that's my quote up there, are you icegilling me or yuichi? Seems to me that you and I agree, at least I know that I agree with what you are saying. A player's value is not simply the sum of points, and if you ask anyone that actually plays for the Spurs they will tell you who is the leader and spark of the team. I do love Manu though...

you made me wait that long for this?

Go back and read my posts man... WEAK.

How many times in this series did you see him burn his man and the help defender??! He creates movement.

Sure the offensive set is made so that Duncan gets touches in the paint, but seriously he was not too effective in this series.

Manu was a HUGE reason why the Spurs won those 4 games. Duncan was not stellar.

MANY PEOPLE TAKE ESTABLISHED REPS AS TRUTHS, and i think that is truly wack.

p.s. i think Duncan is a humble person and a great competitor. He just choked a lot in this series, and won the honor out of pure reputation.

Even if he doesnt play well he's still the most valuable. Sometimes its the notes that dont get played which are the most important. Reputation can give one the edge. Even if he doesnt play well, do you think the Pistons wont pay attention to him? Whatever son...........Inside - out!!!!!

Oh Yeah....................

............I'M TIM DUNCAN BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!!!

I don't get it, that's my quote up there, are you icegilling me or yuichi? Seems to me that you and I agree, at least I know that I agree with what you are saying. A player's value is not simply the sum of points, and if you ask anyone that actually plays for the Spurs they will tell you who is the leader and spark of the team. I do love Manu though...

IM with you on that one. Im icegrillin him. Emphasizing this statement.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    A player's value is not simply the sum of points, and if you ask anyone that actually plays for the Spurs they will tell you who is the leader and spark of the team. I do love Manu though...

True, true. Look, the Spurs are a true team but Duncan is definitely the leader, and as such, a lot of the credit (and blame) falls to him. I thought Manu was sensational this series (obviously not in those two losses in Detroit...ugh), and if he had ended up winning the MVP award, I certainly wouldn't have complained. When he played well, the Spurs won. But shit, you could also make a not-unreasonable case for Horry for MVP because when he played well, the Spurs won. Duncan's The Man on this team, but he can't do it all himself, nor is the Spurs system set up to require him to do so.

Anyway, the point is this: SPURS RUNNIN' THANGS!