THE OFFICIAL NBA FINALS THREAD

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i was watching the game by myself thinking, "okay, this shit would be too good if he made it............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!". unfuckinbelievable.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    He also left Horry open towards the end of the 4th on a crucial possesion because he was too busy crying about a non call....and dont forget about that timeout he tried to call at the end of regulation when they had none left..lucky for him time ran out....Rasheed was on one tonight

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i was watching the game by myself thinking, "okay, this shit would be too awful[/b] if he made it............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!". unfuckinbelievable.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    He also left Horry open towards the end of the 4th on a crucial possesion because he was too busy crying about a non call....and dont forget about that timeout he tried to call at the end of regulation when they had none left..lucky for him time ran out....Rasheed was on one tonight

each game i find myself saying- plaese to keep rasheed from the refs.

I think it all balanced out in the end. Sheed was hitting a grip of fade-away falling to the floor 10fters. Horry was a non-factor til the fourth, and i was actually upset at him for trying to take charges instead of trying to block Billups who came into the lane. Duncan was choking at the line and he coulda finished the game with the tip-in.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This is turning into a classic series. Sweet tension.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    rasheed seriously blew it

im nervous, but let me just say this, we have been in this situation too many times... maybe not with this much intensity and pressure, but man... the pistons just have to show up. we effed up to many times (double dribs, travels, dumb shot selection and passes to no one...) tay was not on untill late in the game, rip shouldve went for the clean last shot instead of going for the contact, sheed.. well what can i say, he dun effed up (almost threw us in a game winning technical situation!?!?!?!)...

if we continue to suck it up as we did in game 5, then the pistons are toast.

but we've been here before...

we are still the champs and if our backs arent against the wall now, i dont know what the f*ck the term is supposta mean.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I ain't a fanatic about either team but damn good game last night! Rasheed was blowin it..

Record hatin bitches

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I feel the total OPPOSITE. Besides last night's game, which was actually entertaining and the outcome was unknowable until the final minutes of overtime, the other games have been very lopsided and uninteresting. Who wants to see a game where one team blows the other out by 15-30 points? How is that a classic?

I feel the total OPPOSITE. Besides last night's game, which was actually entertaining and the outcome was unknowable until the final minutes of overtime, the other games have been very lopsided and uninteresting. Who wants to see a game where one team blows the other out by 15-30 points? How is that a classic?

but i feel the unpredictability in the series is exciting.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

but i feel the unpredictability in the series is exciting.

But until last night's game there was NO unpredictability. It was rather VERY predictable, whoever played at home was going to blow the other team out. Game 4 was over by the 1st half for instance.

Game 1 84 Spurs - 69 Pistons - 15 point win

Game 2 97 Spurs - 76 Pistons - 21 point win

Game 3 96 Pistons - 79 Spurs - 17 point win

Game 4 102 Pistons - 71 Spurs - 31 point win (by halftime the Pistons were up by 15 points)

Game 5 96 Spurs - 95 Pistons OT - 1 point win

i mean it turned out that way; but i'm not too surprised that a heavyweight matchup ended in a knockout, and not a decision.

The final scores say "blowout" but all of 'em were hard-earned victories for each team. Any of the 10 players on the court can make a contribution at any time, and momentum can shift easily in games like these, and that's what i meant by unpredictability. a 10 point lead means nothing. Batmon phrased it nicely by saying "tension". That's what basically summarizes the experience watching these two teams play. No easy buckets but both teams have a lot of options on offense.

Whatever, i'm enjoying these games.

LOOK EVERYBODY DAN CRAWFORD IS BACK!!!......not a good look for Detroit

• YEAHHHHHHHH!

Detroit played a solid game.

IT'S ON THURSDAY!

but was it just me or did Chauncey Billups look like the best player in the game in the first half?! i'd say he's underappreciated by your avg. basketball fan.

Chauncey, underappreciated. nuff said.

Spurs looking TIMID again in the second half.

Pistons clearly the aggressors in the second half.

• Chauncey, underappreciated. nuff said.
    back to back finals mvp?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn, the spurs made some real questionable decisions down the line...

also, is it just me or is the commercial with Ginobili and Parker megagay???

"Manu?"
    "Tony??"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Great game - I know there's been a lot of talk about the earlier blowouts in this series keeping it from being a classic, but as a "neutral" fan (although I like Detroit, wanted them to win last year and want them to pull it out thursday) I have been riveted for most of these games, and the last 2 have been fantastic. Seeing Manu get blocked and shut down in the last minutes was awesome, only because that dude had been a killer, and they have really worked at keeping him contained.

Game 7 should be bananas.

• Game 7 should be bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    im nervous as eff.. definitly lost a few years of my life watching the playoffs this year... but as chauncy said last night walking off the court "If it aint rough, it aint right"

GO DP!!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Pistons in 7 87-84....

Oh wait until they play at home, homes!

Like I said after game #2.... Push Up's Cleans the soul!

Detroit appears to have the momentum. They've been the clear aggressor in games 5 & 6.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119555926drewn">

Who will win the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP tonight?[/b]
    San Antonio Spurs

Detroit Pistons
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Detroit's takin it...

San Antonio's shook.

Detroit's takin it...

San Antonio's shook.

I want Detroit but I wouldnt be surprised if the Spurs win.

You know what? games 1 and 2 were flukes. San Antonio is playing like a bunch of lil b****s. I still like Manu.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This game is GREAT!!! If the Pistons keep up the defensive pressure and none of the key figures get in foul trouble, they're gonna win this thing. Tim Duncan DOES NOT WANT IT.

Larry Brown is stubborn....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yes!!!!

it's nice to see detroit get their fuckin karma for the indiana game.

this series proves that they could only beat good teams if they are injured.

detroit will never be a true dynasty like the spurs, lakers, bulls, rockets. they're straight garbage.

I bid farewell to the most overrated coach in sports: larry brown. do you blame him for leaving such a gutless no-class organization.

• faaack!

props to san antionio's clutch defense (and bruce bowen).

boo to detroit's turnovers and guards not stepping up.

rasheed had a clean block on duncan at 68-72 and it was called a foul with no mention of a debatable call by the announcers.

regardless, san antonio deserves that shit.

personally, i feel the nba brains would have liked to see SA v. Miami in a final for it's potential marketing value. I know SA has the international markets on lock (Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Nesterovic...) and Miami has the biggest player (Shaq) and the most promising young (and photogenic) player (Wade).

anyway, detroit deserves mad respect. home court advantage pulled through for SA.