acute sinus infectionstrut!

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
What it do? Shit is mad painful.Does anyone else get depressed watching daytime TV commercials? I'm about to start a medical or dental assistant program and try and get my life together. then I'll watch some Anthony Bourdain on DVR. Love this dude. Last week I took a group of kiddos to Barnes and Noble to spend a $4000 grant on new books- it was so much fun. Except they kept trying to buy copies of "Thugalicious- an urban erotic novel" nagl for 14 year-olds.I just made a delicious veggie burger with fresh avocado and tomato. Oh shit Tyra Banks is talking to transgender teens- gotta go.JOIN IN THE STAY AT HOME PARTY!

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude sinusitus is like my home away from home.

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    ugh.. i'm just gettin over that shit - i feel your pain. sinusitus coupled with a nice ear infection.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    boil some water. let it sit, so it's not super hot hot. put some salt in it.
    grab a straw, thumb on top and dip it in so that it "grabs" the water. lean head back. pour hot salty water in nostril and swish around yr head. when you're done, lots of ish might come out the nostril.

sounds , but it works to lessen the pressure.

actually, just google it for proper instructions and levels.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    You can also grab a neti pot (http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm) to do the salted water cleansing. There are also other yoga cleansing methods for the nose / sinuses.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    You can also grab a neti pot

They actually sell these babies at the Food Co-op near me. Looks like fun.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    back in '99 I had a bad sinus infection where just moving my head two inches caused excruciating pain. I was prescribed one of those over-the-counter decongestants that you spray up your nose. It worked like a charm.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    perfect for when rosh hashanah rolls around