THE OFFICIAL NBA FINALS THREAD

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    PREDICTIONS[/b] ...
    Phil Jackson will be announced as the Laker head coach today[/b]

HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Yo ed you made some good points about what the Pistons need to do to win. As sad as it may be, I'm starting to believe you when you said the Spurs would take it all. Pistons just seem like they have no intensity what so ever. We'll see what happens tonight...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    PREDICTIONS[/b] ...
    Phil Jackson will be announced as the Laker head coach today[/b]

HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

for better or worse, only time will tell.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Fucking good ass game right now!

Anyone not tuned in needs to be.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

CHAUNCEY!!!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

oops wrong thread... sayin though...

i missed it. someone give me a game summary. what did Detroit capitalize on? what was different in this game? plaese to explain.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think it may just be that Larry Brown actually did read Ed Powers advice in this thread, cause he seemed to follow his instructions...

How to defeat the San Antonio Spurs[/b]

1)Post their point guards(Parker & Udrich)....this is the most obvious advantage Detroit has.....Leave Rip,Prince on the weak side and have Rasheed make the entry pass. This will force Duncan to double team leaving Wallace open for the 3 point shot.....or swing it around to exploit the mismatch created by a big man on Rip or Prince after the double team switch...

DONE...not enough though[/b]

2)Force Ginobili to his right...dude has no handles ..force him to his weaker hand

STILL NOT DONE[/b]

3)Sag off Parker on defense..force his jumper (it's very inconsistent) and the FIRST time he gets in the lane BEN WALLACE NEEDS TO BLAST HIS ASS....forget about the flagrant foul...HE'S FRENCH ..THEREFORE HE IS SOFT.

DONE...elbow to the head..NICE[/b]

4)DO NOT LEAVE BRUCE BOWEN....force him to dribble...he is awful off the dribble...FORCE HIM TO DRIBBLE THE BASKETBALL

DONE[/b]

5)if you must run pick & roll ...run it off Ginobili and Parker

NOT DONE ENOUGH BUT WORKED WHEN DONE...plaese to see Billups' wide open 3 ptr[/b]

6)double team Duncan off of your guards not your big men....Duncan turns low when he makes his post move (ALWAYS)....he always brings the ball low..when he does have your guards there

DONE...but not aggresive enough[/b]

7)when they run pick & roll with Duncan...his man should jump the pick early forcing the pass to Duncan...which will force him to put the ball on the floor...which he is no good at or he'll take that nasty jump shot

DONE TO PERFECTION[/b]

8)Ben needs to sag off Nazr and play for long rebounds & help defend Ginobili's penetration...he's too close to the basket....the reason he's not rebounding is not effort ...he's just not in the right position to grab the long rebounds off the 3 pt shots...

DONE TO PERFECTION[/b]

2)Force Ginobili to his right...dude has no handles ..force him to his weaker hand
    STILL NOT DONE[/b]

hard to do though eh? especially when he's driving to the left like his life depended on it.

3)Sag off Parker on defense..force his jumper (it's very inconsistent) and the FIRST time he gets in the lane BEN WALLACE NEEDS TO BLAST HIS ASS....forget about the flagrant foul...HE'S FRENCH ..THEREFORE HE IS SOFT.
    DONE... elbow to the head[/b] ..NICE

ouch.

STILL NOT DONE[/b]

hard to do though eh? especially when he's driving to the left like his life depended on it.

yeah..you're right...dude is determined to drive left...and when he did penetrate to his right he eventually crossed back left and did a left handed reverse...

STILL NOT DONE[/b]

yeah..you're right...dude is determined to drive left...and when he did penetrate to his right he eventually crossed back left and did a left handed reverse...

exactly. i was just thinking that, based on the previous two games.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Pistons Batches!

Next season I will have to say... Jackson in LA right, so Larry Brown to Clevland, so that means Kobe will be traded for Lebron James... Aren't Kobe and L. Brown boys.... Watch! But for now Pistons in 7!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    ben wallace came out swinging, and did not let up. SO HUGE! 4 blocks in the first quarter... my man is unbelievable. according to an abc announcer, ben's wife sat him down and told him play-for-play where he was off in the past two games.

new assistant coach.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what about that stevie wonder harmonica & string quartet!?!

Hell yeah and I actually believe it was

5 blocks in the first 10 minutes..!

what about that stevie wonder harmonica & string quartet!?!

His performance was unexpected and very special. Fock a Kelly Clarkson!

The real kick for me though was Stevie going NUTS waving his hands in the air, singing and clapping mid-way through the 3rd in his seat. It was almost like he could actually SEE the game!

Hmmmmmmmmm...

>

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yup your right... 5 blocks, 7 points, and 4 rebounds...IN THE FIRST QUARTER![/b]

and of course the basic finals entertainment at the palace blew san antonio's weakness out the water... was it just me or did the spurs announcer sound like he was about to die from exhaustion.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Ben talking about his wife's advice before game 3:

"She said let your hair down and go out there and play some basketball," he said. "Or you can't eat."

"She said let your hair down and go out there and play some basketball," he said. "Or you can't tap[/b]."

"Eat" was the media friendly response.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    wow... that mental image is a little scary

"She said let your hair down and go out there and play some basketball," he said. "Or you can't tap[/b]."

"Eat" was the media friendly response.

lol whipped #2? behind Sactown's own:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Keep it in the East coast. GO DETROIT!!!!!!!!

• you need to introduce leagues with relegations etc. into your sports, it'd make it more interesting

I mean they should have several "tiers" if you like. In the NBA every team is effectively in the same league or tier albeit divided into geographical divisions. They need to get shot of that, everyone plays everyone home and away and the most points wins the league. Typically the bottom few teams are sent down (relegated into the next league down cos they're shit). But for this to work you need more teams really. I'm basing this on footy leagues over here.

Premiership (the best league) 20 teams
    top 4 qualify for champions league (best in europe)
    Next 2 down qulify for UEFA cup (tea cup that no-one gives a fuck about)
    Bottom 3 are sent down to Divison 1

Divison 1 can't remember how many teams but more than 20
    Top 2 teams go into top league (premiership) automatically
    Next 4 teams play off for the last place to get promotion to prem

Div 2 similar set up

Div 3 Ditto

Conference Ditto

I explained it crap, but I know I'm right. But you need alot more than 30 teams for it to work

If golden state warriors always come last but effectively stay in the top flight, that ain't right THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED!!!

bollox

you need to introduce leagues with relegations etc. into your sports, it'd make it more interesting

I mean they should have several "tiers" if you like. In the NBA every team is effectively in the same league or tier albeit divided into geographical divisions. They need to get shot of that, everyone plays everyone home and away and the most points wins the league. Typically the bottom few teams are sent down (relegated into the next league down cos they're shit). But for this to work you need more teams really. I'm basing this on footy leagues over here.

Premiership (the best league) 20 teams
    top 4 qualify for champions league (best in europe)
    Next 2 down qulify for UEFA cup (tea cup that no-one gives a fuck about)
    Bottom 3 are sent down to Divison 1

Divison 1 can't remember how many teams but more than 20
    Top 2 teams go into top league (premiership) automatically
    Next 4 teams play off for the last place to get promotion to prem

Div 2 similar set up

Div 3 Ditto

Conference Ditto

I explained it crap, but I know I'm right. But you need alot more than 30 teams for it to work

If golden state warriors always come last but effectively stay in the top flight, that ain't right THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED!!!

bollox

So then your point is moot. The Nba will never have 50 teams.

IF Manu doesnt respond tonight, will the hype slow down. Kinda like these dudes.......................

Keith Van Horn
    Jason Williams
    Tom Gugliotta
    the big doofy dude who played for the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver.
    Shawn Bradley

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

...wild wild west sucked though.

Funny...The Lakers were down 0-2 last year to San Antonio and came back to win the next four games....Does lightning strike twice?....this series is crazy

8min. left in the fourth, but this game is over. i am 99% sure Detroit will not blow this lead. if they do, that'd be funny though.

the Spurs look SOFT out there without a healthy Manu.

a healthy Manu.

He's fine....his cheeks just got a little tight after he became "The Man".....and it didn't help when he got knocked on his ass a few times last game....the well known knock on foreign players is they are s-o-f-t. So say goodbye to him and Parker...Lucky for The Spurs the refs will not allow the next game to be as physical as these last two....

OH SHIT!!! IS THAT DARKO PLAYING???