cut or uncut ??? (dick related)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i got 1 month to decide whether or not to have my son circumcised. my basic rule is that medical interventions should be about preventing or stopping a health issue. this does not apply here. it seems unnecessary and basically like plastic surgery. i am not considering it for religious reasons. i still can't decide.i've only had my own dick to worry about for 35 years. i'd also like to find out what the ladies or gay men think about cut vs uncut dicks, but this probably the wrong place? Or is it?

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

i've only had my own dick to worry about for 35 years.

seriously, this needs to be a soulstrut quotable. totally made me spit coffee on my pb&j sandwich.

i was always under the assumption that leaving the foreskin on can cause irritation and possible infection if youre not clean enough. though i dont have kids, never been around children, and had my penis flap removed when i was a baby... so really, i dont know anything.

good luck with your foreskin issue...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

seriously, this needs to be a soulstrut quotable. totally made me spit coffee on my pb&j sandwich.

i was always under the assumption that leaving the foreskin on can cause irritation and possible infection if youre not clean enough. though i dont have kids, never been around children, and had my penis flap removed when i was a baby... so really, i dont know anything.

good luck with your foreskin issue...

i'm cut. that whole shit about uncut cock being more prone to infection seems to be based on some 18th century standards of personal hygiene. as far as irritation, it seems like uncut has more protection.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

i'm cut. that whole shit about uncut cock being more prone to infection seems to be based on some 18th century standards of personal hygiene. as far as irritation, it seems like uncut has more protection.

we had to make that same decision when my little guy was born, we decided not to as there is no MEDICAL reason to get it done.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    but is there a reason to keep it on? guess i might as well ask since ive been floating my little fellas into the wife lately.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    there was a thread by (probably) ironfeet a while a ago "are you circumcised?"

somebody was talking about how being uncut lets you jack off lotion free.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    girls like's it cut most of the time(here are the 3 most common reasons)
    1- esthetic(a couple said "hate dick's that looks like a sharpei")
    2- sexual(girls sensation related)
    3- hygiene

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    there was a thread by (probably) ironfeet a while a ago "are you circumcised?"

somebody was talking about how being uncut lets you jack off lotion free.

this is true. I wouldn't put my kid through it i don't think. He probably wont remember it, but it seems kind of cruel. As for the infection thing, not a problem, unless you never wash it or something. Back in the day when people didnt shower it might have been a problem, but today i just cant see that being a concern.

unless its a religious thing, id say avoid.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I had my foreskin cut last year and sent it along in a record trade. Beat that.

• Blow_FlyBlow_Fly 41 Posts
    Leave things as The Good Lord intended them to be. When its cut the knob loses sensation. Its exposed to the elements and gets all hard and leathery without the protection of its hoodie.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

It's evolution, baby. If we didn't need it, we wouldn't have it.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

It's evolution, baby. If we didn't need it, we wouldn't have it.

Tell that to my (now removed) appendix.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    When its cut the knob loses sensation.

This is the key

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I'm circumcised and happy that I am, but I left my little man's joint alone. It just seemed like a completely unnecessary thing to put an infant through. I'm sure he's going to be just fine with the cap on.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Leave things as The Good Lord intended them to be. When its cut the knob loses sensation. Its exposed to the elements and gets all hard and leathery without the protection of its hoodie.

Hard & Leathery? Unless you wear sandpaper drawers this smacks of anti-circumcisionist propaganda. Free the snipped dongs!

And lack of sensation doesn't seem to be a problem for too many men AFAIK.

• If you are circumsized you are less likely to contract HIV/AIDS then someone who isn't.

Fact.

• my son is now two years old. we left him with all his parts. leaving his foreskin has caused absolutely no concern. nothing special needs to happen in maintaining his hygiene. plus, just because we have earlobes, would you cut yours off? not to mention, most populations in the world will leave foreskin alone.
    unless your religious needs call for circumcision, i say leave it alone

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    If you are circumsized you are less likely to contract HIV/AIDS then someone who isn't.

Fact.

The recent study that found this acknowledges that there is a fairly neglible difference, but it is still noteworthy in places like Africa where HIV is rampant and condom use is low. A condom is way more effective.

• If you are circumsized you are less likely to contract HIV/AIDS then someone who isn't.

Fact.

if you wear a condom, you are even less likely to get any sexually transmitted disease, cut or uncut

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I had my foreskin cut last year and sent it along in a record trade. Beat that.

I said I'd send the Michael Henderson for nothing. The foreskin was an nice gesture but you needn't have. Really.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If tradition didn't compel me to have any hypothetical son circumcised, I wouldn't do it. Perhaps this is because I've witnessed too many brises. However steeped in tradition they may be, part of me always finds the ceremony atavistic.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i got 1 month to decide whether or not to have my son circumcised. my basic rule is that medical interventions should be about preventing or stopping a health issue. this does not apply here. it seems unnecessary and basically like plastic surgery. i am not considering it for religious reasons. i still can't decide.

i'd also like to find out what the ladies or gay men think about cut vs uncut dicks, but this probably the wrong place? Or is it?

Fatback,

Personally, as a father (though not of a son), I wouldn't have done it even though I'm cut. It just doesn't make much sense for medical reasons though, yes, it would cut down (possibly) on the risk of infection or disease but so would basic hygiene and condom usage.

Generally, I've heard that women prefer cut for aesthetic reasons. I've never heard of an uncut penis being less pleasurable for the women sexually speaking. That doesn't make much sense to me.

• girls like's it cut most of the time(here are the 3 most common reasons)

This is what is really important. Think about when a kid first has to take showers in gym or is about to get his first handjob. Kids are at a real self conscious state of their lives when their penis starts to go public.

girls like's it cut most of the time(here are the 3 most common reasons)

This is what is really important. Think about when a kid first has to take showers in gym or is about to get his first handjob. Kids are at a real self conscious state of their lives when their penis starts to go public.

Always seems weird to me that so many boys in the US are circumcised while across the rest of the world it's pretty much limited to religious groups. How come it's so much bigger a deal in America than elsewhere?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Fatty, let's not avoid the REAL discussion here: will Fatback Jr get the bowl haircut too?

Fact.

if you wear a condom, you are even less likely to get any sexually transmitted disease, cut or uncut

condoms are for little dudes.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I say trim the little guy up. I have absoultely no recollection of that experience and neither will he. But, he may ask you later on in life why he wasn't circumcised (and not the other way around).

I say trim the little guy up. I have absoultely no recollection of that experience and neither will he. But, he may ask you later on in life why he wasn't circumcised (and not the other way around).

Leave it on and he's got the option. Take it off and it's a done deal.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Leave it on and he's got the option. Take it off and it's a done deal.

Have you ever heard anyone complain about being circumcised?

You're the parent, trust those instincts and make the decision for your kid.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My wife gave me the decision to cut or not to cut. I am cut so that's what I know. Seriously, I didn't want my kid to be the butt of locker room jokes or some shit. I am uneducated in the forsekin arena and will remain ignorant. Smegma and all that shit just seems gross and unhygenic. Fuck... we will have a hard time just getting the little homie to bathe. Fuck if I am gonna teach him how to clean his hoodie if I don't have one. Bypass all the drama Fatback and get it cut.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    This thread reminded me of an episode of Nip/Tuck where the doctors Michael Jackson looking son wants to get circumcised at age 16 because his girlfriend wasn't down with the foreskin.